PDA

View Full Version : suppressor fees...

thebigx
07-03-08, 22:02
Other than the processing fee from the ATF to acquire an suppressor, are there any other fees involved? I heard you have to pay ATF a yearly fee for having one... is this true?

JSandi
07-03-08, 22:11
Suppressor or SBR (Short Barreled Rifle?)

I'm in the process of buying my first suppressor and it's a one time $200 tax.

thebigx
07-03-08, 22:17
for a suppressor...

is there a yearly fee for sbrs as well?

M76F
07-03-08, 22:34
for a suppressor...

is there a yearly fee for sbrs as well?

No there are no yearly fees. You pay the $200, you get a stamp back in the mail, and you never have to worry about it again.

thebigx
07-03-08, 22:39
No there are no yearly fees. You pay the $200, you get a stamp back in the mail, and you never have to worry about it again.

awesome! I know where half of my stimulus check is going... back to the gov't! LOL!

Suppressed SBR here I come! ... I just gotta remain patient once I send the forms in.

sharps_74
07-04-08, 22:23
I was talking to a fella about two years ago that told me that he had several silencer and that the $200. tax was only good for 3 years. I just let him babble on as he told me of his extenive knowledge of all things class 3. I wish I could figure out where folks get this misinformation.

Sweep
07-05-08, 06:44
could be they were talking about corporate fees , they are paid every year. On the flip side if its a trust or personal sign off Not . but to the gov its a one time bite ( Read as infringement) out of the wallet