PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon SRS

gregshin
02-06-15, 11:54
How are you guys liking your SRS's?

Worth the money? I'm an Aimpoint T1 guy but I also just got an Eotech EXPS 3 for my ar pistol build.

The huge FOV intrigues me on the SRS.

BrigandTwoFour
02-06-15, 12:48
AFIK, they aren't very popular around here. Internet heresay is that they have a problem with the circuitry reflecting back at you in certain lighting conditions.

https://looserounds.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/img_5878.jpg

Singlestack Wonder
02-06-15, 18:43
Another attempt and fail to compete with Aimpoint.

Rekkr870
02-06-15, 18:57
I did not like mine. The blue tint really bothered me. I'll stick with Eotech.

cop1211
02-06-15, 20:33
Ive had a couple, only the first run had some people getting a reflection issue. I liked the ones I had. Ive had Eotechs, and Aimpoints and thought the SRS had the best view, and glass over the others. If you can find a lightly used one with a higher serial number and get it for $650-675 with the Bobro mount I wouldn't hesitate.

m4fun
02-06-15, 20:37
I have one with QD mount that I cannot complain about. I have a lot of Aimpoints and its function for me is on par with a CompM4. Nothing special or bad. Like the fact it takes AA batteries and the solar panel on top gives it a sort of Mad Max/teotwawki feel.

Hochsitz
02-06-15, 21:04
I've been unable to find references to what the solar panels actually do for you. I assume it won't function without a battery so do they simply extend the battery life? Are we certain they do anything other than look like solar panels and make people want it because of that? It's a monster of a sight so it must do something special to warrant the extra size right?

BrigandTwoFour
02-06-15, 22:46
I've been unable to find references to what the solar panels actually do for you. I assume it won't function without a battery so do they simply extend the battery life? Are we certain they do anything other than look like solar panels and make people want it because of that? It's a monster of a sight so it must do something special to warrant the extra size right?

They take over for the battery when there is enough light. There are some videos out there of people turning on the sight, removing the battery, and showing that the sight is still running. It basically extends the lifetime of the battery since it will not always be used.

Snackattack
04-14-15, 20:21
Just received mine the other day. Had it to the range a few times and I'm really liking it. I am not having any reflection issues and paired with the SR15 makes it easy to shoot.

WS6
04-16-15, 20:54
They take over for the battery when there is enough light. There are some videos out there of people turning on the sight, removing the battery, and showing that the sight is still running. It basically extends the lifetime of the battery since it will not always be used.
...and the 10 year runtime of the comp m4 still doubles trijicons rating.

JVG19
07-02-16, 12:03
Its 8 years but whos counting

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk