PDA

View Full Version : Those black areas between lands after you fire a pistol......

ABNAK
02-08-15, 15:45
....can they ever be gotten rid of? It seems no matter what I use those burnt-looking spaces in the grooves between the lands of the barrel never seem to go away. You can look down the barrel with a light shining through and it looks spic and span but those dark areas seem to be permanent once a handgun has been fired.

ruchik
02-08-15, 17:03
I was under the impression that's simply metal being worn down, not stains.

anachronism
02-08-15, 21:16
The bullets should bear evenly on the land and the grooves. I suspect what you're seeing is simply the way light reflects off the two different surface depths. You could do a JB Bore Cleaner session to verify this.

MegademiC
02-08-15, 21:41
^ most likely lighting issue. You cant hit that area directly with light from what I can tell. I don't worry about it.

GUNSLINGER733
02-08-15, 21:47
Never seen this as a issue. You should've g2g

sevenhelmet
02-08-15, 22:02
My barrels look clean to me. Not sure why this bothers you, but I wouldn't let it.

Noodles
02-09-15, 10:08
Lol who cleans their guns like this!?

RAM Engineer
02-09-15, 11:44
I can't remember the last time I cleaned a pistol barrel, besides pulling a bore snake through it a couple of times.

Noodles
02-09-15, 12:14
I can't remember the last time I cleaned a pistol barrel, besides pulling a bore snake through it a couple of times.

Right!? Shit, I can't remember the last time I've done that. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum for sure, but I can't even imagine looking down the muzzle of a gun and being like, oh, I can't get the lands clean!! :D

nimdabew
02-09-15, 12:32

This. I just run a bore snake through my rifle barrels too. Maybe twice if I am feeling generous.