PDA

View Full Version : Issues with RM07 on a glock 19.

Bolt_Overide
02-08-15, 22:35
A week ago, I purchased a used gen4 Glock 19 that had a trijicon RM07 mounted on the slide. I didn't have the opportunity to fire it until today, and its giving me fits. When firing it will do one of two things, dim/brighten the dot, or most commonly, simply shut off for as little as 20-30 seconds, and up to 5+ minutes.

I've read several treads regarding similar issues. The consensus seems to be that it is either getting bad contact with the slide and I need to insulate it with some electrical tape, or that it has a bad electronics set, and I need to send it back to trijicon to be warrantied.

To be clear, I have no yet contacted trijicon, and I am not making any comments about them, the quality of their products, or their customer service. I simply wish to get input from other users before proceeding with any course of action.

So, who else has seen these issues? What was the fix?

Steven T
02-09-15, 12:41
On Lightfighter there is a thread on red dots on handguns and this subject came up, a couple of guys tensioned the battery spring clips and it seemed to cure the problem. The newer production RMR's apparently have a tab soldered on the clips to increase thickness. Adding a layer or two of electrical tape seems to also help. Hopefully this will help. http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/red-dot-sights-for-handguns?page=44

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-09-15, 16:50
Derantified

themonk
02-09-15, 17:28
I have had some issues with my RMRs that have been resolved. 1) check the screws and make sure they are locked down 2) replace the battery 3) send back to trij. They don't do anything put pull your whole electronics assembly and and replace it. Essentially everything is new except for your glass and the aluminum housing. Their CS is slow but I let them know I had a class coming up and they overnighted it back to me.

hogarth
02-09-15, 18:15
Replace the battery.

This problem is common and EVERYONE I know who had this issue (7, including me) replaced the battery and had zero problems afterwards.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-09-15, 20:27
Didn't work for me

glocktogo
02-09-15, 22:21
Back when reflex sights were first being used in USPSA competition, weren't they deadlining frequently? Wasn't there a company or person that specialized in sealing the electronics in resin so they could withstand the shock? Just trying to exercise my hazy memory on the subject.

Bolt_Overide
02-09-15, 23:06
replaced the battery, cleaned the connections, tensioned the connectors, will test tomorrow.

acjones20
02-10-15, 17:33
This is why I went back to irons. The RDS isn't ready for primetime on pistols. If you think your problem is bad, shoot it in the rain or get a little peice of lint over the emitter. It's definitely not something I'd want to seriously use.

themonk
02-10-15, 17:46
This is why I went back to irons. The RDS isn't ready for primetime on pistols. If you think your problem is bad, shoot it in the rain or get a little peice of lint over the emitter. It's definitely not something I'd want to seriously use.

Totally disagree with this. I have been carrying my ATEi milled 19 with an RM02 daily for 2 years with no issues. Rain is not an issue with rainX, I did a AK/Pistol class in the rain in an OWB holster with no problems.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-10-15, 17:46
De rantifed

Spiffums
02-10-15, 18:32
Try a new battery and put some electrical tape between the slide and the RMR or get one of the fancy sealing plates they have out now for like $10.