PDA

View Full Version : Good AR smith NE PA?

ginzomatic
02-09-15, 03:36
I have need of a competent AR smith who can unpin/weld (AAC 51T) a new flash hider on a 14.5 BCM upper. I'll have it done in a few months, and only have a two week window of which I am in the area to do it, so I would rather not mail it out.

It'll be in the Poconos. Anybody know of someone competent in the area that can do this type of work?

CoryCop25
02-09-15, 05:45
Your thread confuses me....
Do you need an AAC flash hider pinned and welded to your barrel or do you need it removed from your existing barrel?

ginzomatic
02-09-15, 11:14
Ha sorry. Existing one removed, 51T installed.

CoryCop25
02-10-15, 11:55
Copy that.
The biggest issue you are going to have is if you do find a competent smith in this area, wait times are going to be weeks. The other issue is after the existing device is removed, you may need some re threading before the new device is installed.
Let me make some calls for you. My company is doing a gun show near Philly in March and the owner MAY be able to do it down there if he has advance notice. The show is March 27,28&29.

ginzomatic
02-10-15, 22:26
Many thanks for the info. My time hack is not definite yet, and I don't think March will happen. I'm out of the states for the time being, but would still like to know if there are local options.

Thanks again!