PDA

View Full Version : CZ P-07 opinions

evnash
02-09-15, 15:16
Looking for my next pistol. i want something G19 size that isnt a Glock. who has a P-07? thoughts?

Sam
02-09-15, 15:20
There are 92 pages of comments, details, technical discussions, opinions, etc. regarding the CZ P07, I suggest you start there, it should keep you busy.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?149986-CZ-P-07

KenB987
02-09-15, 17:13
I do not own one, because I have not found one in CA.

I did get to use a rental at a range I frequent. The same night I was exercising my Sig 226 Navy, and a 1911 (noted for context).

I really liked the CZ, I much preferred the CZs trigger to my Sigs, Less take up, shorter reset, and not as 'mushy' it fits my hand great.

I bought a G19 because I love my G26, I do not care for the G19, I am just bothered by the hump on the grip.

I don't know what your intentions are for the CZ, but the only downsides I see are:
1. It is not as easy to rack the slide if you have a malfunction (I did not, I put about 70 rounds through the range gun), there is just not that much to get your hands on.
2. Compared to the G19 spare parts and aftermarket support are not as available. (If the world ends, you will be able to find a firing pin and mag for the G19)
3. I have not carried one, and it does have more 'protrusions' then a glock.

I think its a cool gun!

attrapereves
02-09-15, 19:37
I didn't care for the original model. It was blocky with sharp edges and had some issues after release. They seemed to have fixed these issues with the newer ones. That being said, it's still thicker than a Glock 19.

friendlyfireisnt
02-09-15, 20:05
I use a P-07 duty as my primary CCW. Good pistol, accurate, reliable (so far about 2k rounds through it, much of it steel cased). Little thicker than a Glock 19, but similar sized. Better trigger too.

The version I bought has the slightly extended barrel, tritium sights and only came with the safety.

Biggest issue I have had is the slide release has a nasty sharp corner that bit me a fair amount. After a 1-day class with Frank Proctor, I had enough, and took a file to it.

02-10-15, 08:39
I had an earlier model, late '12, early '13. It did everything right except for one; every speed reload I ever attempted the magazine stuck in the well. Forcing me to remove it with my off hand. To me this was intolerable so I sold it.
Other than that it was very accurate and reliable. Easy to shoot well, I liked it very much. If the new ones have solved the above problem then I would consider another.