PDA

View Full Version : Your Spouse, Partner, Significant Other and their favorite firearms...Pics

OH58D
02-09-15, 21:09
General Discussion recently has been filled with some pretty depressing stuff surrounding world events, politics, etc. I figured I would start a thread that lets you showcase your loved ones and their favorite firearms, and it's doesn't have to be a Black Rifle or Carbine.

I'll start with a picture of my wife taken in the Fall of 2014, during our ranch's end of year roundup. My wife is sporting a pair of Ruger Birds Head revolvers in .45 Colt. She is a crack shot with these pistols even at a gallop, but she uses them most of the time on Rattlesnakes who get in her way. I've been married to this lady since 1978 and she was a very supportive Army wife during my 22 year career. She's now 50 years old.
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/BlackMesaRanch/mrs_oh58d_zpsgnnrbzug.jpg
My wife and I have three kids, 2 boys and 1 daughter. Our youngest is shown below and she also does mounted shooting, but at age 9 she is only proficient with .22 pistols. This picture is also from our Fall 2014 roundup:
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/BlackMesaRanch/lil_oh58d_zpsc6qajzyo.jpg

I hope you don't mind seeing what I think are some handsome ladies who enjoy shooting as much as I do...

LoveAR
02-09-15, 21:20
Cool. I'm jealous.

SeriousStudent
02-09-15, 21:54
That is awesome! I hope you folks have a great time, it looks like a huge amount of fun. :)

OH58D
02-09-15, 22:05
That is awesome! I hope you folks have a great time, it looks like a huge amount of fun. :)
Just like Spring round up, it's a lot of work. We have a crew of 10-12 hands chasing down @ 500 head over a vast area. These pics were taken at
one of our temporary corral loading areas. Everyone goes heeled out here with any kind of firearm imaginable. We all have trained our mounts to get accustomed to the sound of our weapons. Otherwise, it's a fast trip to the ground with an untrained horse.

nova3930
02-09-15, 23:23
Teaching that young lady right I say

Jer
02-10-15, 09:58
I'll play. I was her first boyfriend in high school, we're celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in less than 3 months now & have known each other for over half of our lives. Amazing woman and yes, she can shoot the dick off of a fly at 1,000yds w/o ruffling his balls. ;)

This one was her first time shooting her first gun (Glock 26) during her CCW class. That's 150rds @ 20yds of standard, drawing from surrender position, one hand, off-hand, etc.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FLHmJTZNyK0/TBfpmMLjblI/AAAAAAAAKjg/Uqr2CR8tGAY/s912/AmandaBasic3-17-08.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LVHPTi7xtbc/TGduJM0nF4I/AAAAAAAABCA/RCD0l6LxQbQ/s484/downloadfile-3-1.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-f--E0sYr7fg/UkXHVnVS6YI/AAAAAAAAHl0/EdgS6Qt2ucw/s800/20130922_112614-1.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jtg_JSaXUIQ/U8wBkgK6n2I/AAAAAAAAKQs/UHrYVovjCkE/s1280/20140719_093929.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6LVlREQ5fOA/U8wBtP7z7UI/AAAAAAAAKRE/7lU3P8eIgTU/s1024/20140719_090822.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bWfn1FHmO3k/U8wBzJlp8QI/AAAAAAAAKRU/Y8BcLOUlb94/s1024/20140719_091724-1.jpg

She's a model too so I've got an entire catalog of non-gun related photos but that's not the topic of this thread. ;)

Mr blasty
02-10-15, 10:34
She's a model too so I've got an entire catalog of non-gun related photos but that's not the topic of this thread. ;)

It is now! Post em up.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Jer
02-10-15, 10:47
I'll post one w/o firearms but I don't want to get off topic too far from the OP's original intent as I dig threads like this and enjoy seeing people getting their family involved... especially when it's females as our 'group' sure could use more of them:

...and one with firearms to keep it on topic. This was a last minute 'bug out' photo contest for AAC suppressors:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jf_4Ceehusc/VERpcsEguhI/AAAAAAAALRc/8bdyt1cvUUA/s1152/AACContest.jpg

No, we did not win nor did I expect to. Literally thrown together in about 15min and if we had an hour or two or even a couple of days to plan we could have done much better.

sadmin
02-10-15, 12:05
My wife and her Buckmark; getting her a Tac-Lite barrel setup soon.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/10/323bd240a36fdbecc47e1d30d8ae82d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blinking Dog
02-10-15, 15:11
My wife and her Buckmark; getting her a Tac-Lite barrel setup soon.

It seems like perhaps she's drying her clothes on too high a heat cycle, as her t shirt and shorts appear to have shrunk a bit :sarcastic:

jpmuscle
02-10-15, 16:01
Does anyone remember the NSFW hot gf/wife pic thread on snipershide.com a few years back? Yea.......I'm having flashbacks, almost.

Jer
02-10-15, 16:14
Does anyone remember the NSFW hot gf/wife pic thread on snipershide.com a few years back? Yea.......I'm having flashbacks, almost.

Yes in fact you might recognize a couple of my pics from that thread. Then again, maybe you don't. lol

ST911
02-10-15, 22:47
I would like to see a greater number of ladies of all ages feel welcome in the shooting sports, and internet venues such as M4C. We should support any activity or thread that garners their interest, membership, and participation. However, threads featuring gals-with-guns, and the comments therein, tend to devolve into pseudo-erotica objectifying women more than promoting their interest in the shooting sports, and reinforce negative male stereotypes. That does nothing good for our cause, nor M4C.

It will reflect well upon us all if comments and contributions herein are made with these thoughts in mind.

ThirdWatcher
02-11-15, 05:44
[B]I would like to see a greater number of ladies of all ages feel welcome in the shooting sports, and internet venues such as M4C. We should support any activity or thread that garners their interest, membership, and participation...

+1 I couldn't agree more. FWIW, my Warrior Princesses are still serving in my favorite Army.

OH58D
02-11-15, 11:59
I would like to see a greater number of ladies of all ages feel welcome in the shooting sports, and internet venues such as M4C. We should support any activity or thread that garners their interest, membership, and participation. However, threads featuring gals-with-guns, and the comments therein, tend to devolve into pseudo-erotica objectifying women more than promoting their interest in the shooting sports, and reinforce negative male stereotypes. That does nothing good for our cause, nor M4C.

It will reflect well upon us all if comments and contributions herein are made with these thoughts in mind.
That was the intent with starting this thread. Showing pictures of my wife and daughter in their ranch clothes doesn't fit the "pseudo-erotica" classification, unless you're a weirdo. However, I'm sure there are members here that are very proud of the ladies in their lives, especially ones who enjoy the shooting sports.

ST911
02-11-15, 15:01
That was the intent with starting this thread. Showing pictures of my wife and daughter in their ranch clothes doesn't fit the "pseudo-erotica" classification, unless you're a weirdo. However, I'm sure there are members here that are very proud of the ladies in their lives, especially ones who enjoy the shooting sports.

PM sent.

Eurodriver
02-11-15, 15:10
Women are an excellent addition to the shooting sports and I make bringing females to the range a priority. If it continues to be a good ole boy club, we will eventually find ourselves without any guns at all. The favorite gun is unanimously whichever is quietest.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20121202_103718_839_zps480061e2.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/559067_3658267974012_450566171_n_zps8cb63a8f.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/2012-04-20_12-26-55_9721_zps1bd1a547.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20130512_110338_441_zpse2dda0a4.jpg

OH58D
02-11-15, 15:47
Women are an excellent addition to the shooting sports and I treat bringing females to the range as a priority. If it continues to be a good ole boy club, we will eventually find ourselves without any guns at all. The favorite gun is unanimously whichever is quietest.
Great pics. My youngest son is in JROTC and he's a member of the rifle team. However, there are some excellent young ladies in JROTC here in New Mexico who are winning awards left and right who are making the guys work extra hard to be competitive.

Eurodriver
02-11-15, 15:58
Great pics. My youngest son is in JROTC and he's a member of the rifle team. However, there are some excellent young ladies in JROTC here in New Mexico who are winning awards left and right who are making the guys work extra hard to be competitive.

I hear that. Girl in pic #1 has a cousin that is on a underfunded college 3-gun type team in South Carolina and she outshoots even the most seasoned old guys with all the high tech gear. I'm unaware of her full name so Googling her is becoming an exercise in futility, unfortunately.

You've gotta see the looks on these guy's faces, some dude with a $4000 rifle, $3000 shotgun, $2000 pistol, LE background and he gets taken to the cleaners by a pretty little 19 year old girl using a 20 year old Rem 1100. Priceless.

NCPatrolAR
02-11-15, 21:41
No more lingerie or Skinamax pics please

cwgibson
02-12-15, 03:42
I like the idea of this thread as long as it stays clean. I do not have photos but I am glad to report I have converted two former New Yorkers from a no gun stance to enjoying their time on the range. My wife and her mother had never even seen a gun until we met and they have both have now had a couple of basic handgun classes and go to the range with me quite often. It may be a thread drift but my wife is six months pregnant and I cannot find any conclusive evidence regarding the safety of shooting, anyone have thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pork Chop
02-12-15, 07:52
I like the idea of this thread as long as it stays clean. I do not have photos but I am glad to report I have converted two former New Yorkers from a no gun stance to enjoying their time on the range. My wife and her mother had never even seen a gun until we met and they have both have now had a couple of basic handgun classes and go to the range with me quite often. It may be a thread drift but my wife is six months pregnant and I cannot find any conclusive evidence regarding the safety of shooting, anyone have thoughts on the matter?

We were warned against it by her DR. when my wife was pregnant, so we just bought enough of the non toxic ammo for her to complete a class she was planning to take.

I'm not a DR. Just sharing what we were told.

T2C
02-12-15, 07:56
I hear that. Girl in pic #1 has a cousin that is on a underfunded college 3-gun type team in South Carolina and she outshoots even the most seasoned old guys with all the high tech gear.

You've gotta see the looks on these guy's faces, some dude with a $4000 rifle, $3000 shotgun, $2000 pistol, LE background and he gets taken to the cleaners by a pretty little 19 year old girl using a 20 year old Rem 1100. Priceless.

I would pay $40 to see that. Good for her.

Eurodriver
02-12-15, 08:47
We were warned against it by her DR. when my wife was pregnant, so we just bought enough of the non toxic ammo for her to complete a class she was planning to take.

Did they say anything about noise or concussion? I'm no DR either, but I can't imagine standing next to a .338 with a muzzle brake would be good for a fetus at any stage of it's development. Paging HMAC/Sensei....

I would pay $40 to see that. Good for her.

If you (or any member of good standing for obvious reasons) are in SC and want to see her compete, I can try to get you the info. She's not at that Outdoors Channel sponsorship level yet, but she makes all the guys in the local matches real butt hurt.

jondoe297
02-12-15, 09:16
My wife and I at the range
http://i61.tinypic.com/5luljs.jpg

MBtech
02-12-15, 09:41

I would think an indoor range thats not well ventilated it wouldn't be good to breathe in the fumes.

nova3930
02-12-15, 09:50

To give a another data point we got a similar warning when my wife was pregnant.

Eurodriver
02-12-15, 10:03
I received this PM from Hemoglobin who doesn't have enough post for GD. Good info.

Hey Euro,

I don't have access to post in GD just yet, but just thought I would throw out there too. When my wife was pregnant with our daughter her OB/GYN suggested she not be near my shooting. Said no reason to get heart rates up/stress, concussion, just nothing about it worth risking. We took the advice, but she didn't exactly cite anything either.

Best of luck!

Pork Chop
02-12-15, 10:20
Did they say anything about noise or concussion? I'm no DR either, but I can't imagine standing next to a .338 with a muzzle brake would be good for a fetus at any stage of it's development. Paging HMAC/Sensei....

To clarify, she was first trimester and it was a CCW class and the instructor let her shoot first and then go back to the clubhouse and wait. We were more concerned with the toxicity of the gases from her gun, but it was an outdoor range, so we just bought the non-tox ammo to be uber safe. Pretty sure it was overblown, but we figured better safe than sorry.

docsherm
02-12-15, 10:30
I hate to derail this great thread but the whole shooting and pregnancy this is something I know about. My wife is an avaid shooter and a Womans Health Nurse Practitioner. We did a great deal of research on this subject for personal reasons.

Long short short is that the toxic fumes are bad, especially lead. In the second and third trimesters the concussion is bad for the child. It can cause organ damage while they are developing. Will it happen all the time? No, but if you primarily shoot SBRs with breaks on them then you may be in some danger.

Just some food for thought. Now back to the pics.

WickedWillis
02-12-15, 10:35
I was at a range about 2 weeks ago and while I was signing rental papers, a guy and his woman stepped out of the range and into the showroom and she looked about 7 months along. Along with toxicity of fumes, I would imagine that blast and concussion can effect the unborn child. I did kind of mean mug the couple, even though they were a few years older than me.