PDA

View Full Version : Jury Seated for Chris Kyle Murder Trial

.46caliber
02-10-15, 07:10
Today in Texas the jury was seated for the murder trial. Routh killed Kyle and Littlefield at a gun range where the two were trying to help the troubled Marine.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/jury-seated-for-trial-american-sniper-chris-kyle-alleged-killer/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jer
02-11-15, 10:55
Today in Texas the jury was seated for the murder trial. Routh is charged with killing Kyle and Littlefield at a gun range where the two were trying to help the troubled Marine.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/jury-seated-for-trial-american-sniper-chris-kyle-alleged-killer/

FTFY.

ABNAK
02-11-15, 13:42
I really don't think the fact that he did it is in debate.....I saw an opening argument by his attorney today and he was taking the excuse-making approach, no denial that Routh did it.

Saw on the news last night where this POS didn't actually go into combat, so the PTSD argument is flimsy. He sounds like a loon. A loon who needs to die for his crime but Texas isn't seeking the death penalty. Damn shame.

J-Dub
02-11-15, 14:08
Hmmm didn't know the trial was in Erath county, thought the incident occurred in somervell county...learn something new everyday. Did Kyle live in Stephenville?

Eurodriver
02-11-15, 15:16
Saw on the news last night where this POS didn't actually go into combat, so the PTSD argument is flimsy. He sounds like a loon. A loon who needs to die for his crime but Texas isn't seeking the death penalty. Damn shame.

Doesn't fit the agenda man. It's all political. Everyone they interview (even some teacher's assistant [read: very little contact] from Routh's High School) will tell you he always "had a chip on his shoulder" (direct quote) The guy is a dirtbag murderer, but even Texas can't sack up and execute a "war veteran with PTSD".

Honu
02-11-15, 15:26
heard the no combat thing also
if they bring that in and the jury might realize the truth that this guy is a flat out murdering POS

ryantx23
02-11-15, 15:28
Hmmm didn't know the trial was in Erath county, thought the incident occurred in somervell county...learn something new everyday. Did Kyle live in Stephenville?

Kyle lived in Midlothian. I think they did a change of venue down to Stephenville. It's a damn shame, they should be going for capital murder and the death penalty.

Averageman
02-11-15, 17:47
I don't know that leaving this guy with a life sentence and putting him in Huntsville for the next 60+ years of his life might not be a better form of punishment.
I have this feeling given his history it might not be better to let him die at the hands of some folks who will make Life long and painful.

Jer
02-11-15, 18:44
I really don't think the fact that he did it is in debate.....I saw an opening argument by his attorney today and he was taking the excuse-making approach, no denial that Routh did it.

There is a debate. It's called a trial and this is still America. You know, innocent until proven guilty? That's still a thing... right?

.46caliber
02-11-15, 19:14
FTFY.

You're right. I debated the word choice, albeit briefly. I went with it though because, at least according to the linked article, the defense is planning to pursue an insanity defense.

I don't think they'll be denying the victims died at the hands of the accused.

Ultimately though, you're right, on the books Routh has been charged and has not yet been convicted of the crime. I'm not a lawyer and may not fully understand the legal nuances of terms like murder, kill and manslaughter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-11-15, 19:19
I don't get what the big deal is. It's like saying George Zimmerman was "charged" with killing Trayvon Martin. No, the dude shot him dead as dirt. No debate about it from any party. Routh shot these dudes, and even Routh admits it.

I understand saying he is charged with murdering them, but damn - there is no question that he killed them.

Jer
02-11-15, 19:35
I don't get what the big deal is. It's like saying George Zimmerman was "charged" with killing Trayvon Martin. No, the dude shot him dead as dirt. No debate about it from any party. Routh shot these dudes, and even Routh admits it.

I understand saying he is charged with murdering them, but damn - there is no question that he killed them.

I get what you're saying but until the court proceedings have concluded he's not guilty of anything. I'll be the first to say that if they find him guilty the dude should ride the lightning or, even better, firing squad but the reality is in America he's innocent until proven guilty. Not only is EVERY American granted this right by birth but it also keeps people from looking past the actual trial because they think it's a done deal. There's still work to do and until it's done he's not guilty. Kyle fought for this right among many others so it's disrespectful to act as judge/jury/executioner no matter how much we'd like to.

TXBK
02-11-15, 19:59
Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield were murdered by Eddie Ray Routh at the Rough Creek Ranch Shooting Range, approximately 10 miles west of Glen Rose, Texas in Erath County. The murderer was caught in Lancaster, Texas, but was taken back to Erath County where he has lived in the county jail ever since.

Irish
02-11-15, 20:48
Saw on the news last night where this POS didn't actually go into combat, so the PTSD argument is flimsy. He sounds like a loon...

Just for clarification, PTSD isn't always combat related. From what I've read (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/us/eddie-ray-routh-on-trial-in-chris-kyle-murder.html?_r=0) the dude may be legitimately nuts. Chris Kyle is reported to have sent texts describing the guy as such and yet still took him to a shooting range.

As lawyers described on the opening day of his trial here Wednesday, Mr. Routh served in Iraq as a Marine but returned to North Texas deeply troubled. Doctors said he had schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder. A few days before the trip to the shooting range, he held his girlfriend hostage with a knife, then proposed to her after his release from a hospital. The night before the range visit, he told her to whisper because people were listening.

The next morning, before heading to the gun range, Mr. Routh smoked marijuana laced with what appeared to be formaldehyde and drank whiskey.

It is not certain what the three men talked about as they headed to the Rough Creek Lodge, where Mr. Kyle, the former marksman for the Navy SEALs whose life is the basis of the blockbuster movie “American Sniper,” often took troubled veterans. But as he drove, Mr. Kyle sent a text to Mr. Littlefield, who sat in the passenger seat beside him.

“This dude is straight-up nuts,” Mr. Kyle wrote.

Mr. Littlefield texted back, “I’m right behind you, watch my six,” using the military jargon for watch my back...

Weeks before the shooting, doctors at Green Oaks Hospital, a psychiatric facility in Dallas, had advised that Mr. Routh was likely to cause serious harm to himself or to others, Mr. Moore said. He was transferred to the Dallas V.A. Medical Center, where doctors released him days later over the objections of his mother, Mr. Moore said.

Onyx Z
02-11-15, 21:07
This guy admits he killed them, no doubt about it. He should fry IMO.

Also, it looks like he's been living very well in jail unfortunately. He's put on quite a bit of weight.

AKDoug
02-11-15, 22:08
A very telling article about Routh... http://warfighternews.com/2015/02/10/eddie-ray-routh-the-untold-story/

ABNAK
02-12-15, 01:11
There is a debate. It's called a trial and this is still America. You know, innocent until proven guilty? That's still a thing... right?

No, there isn't a debate. And yeah, no shit, he gets a trial. Show proof where his guilt is in question. Not excuses, but the actual act of him doing it. Like it or not there are some crimes that are pretty incontrovertible, despite the fact that one gets a trial anyway. When you open your dialogue as the defense with excuses it's weak sauce indeed.

ABNAK
02-12-15, 01:17
Just for clarification, PTSD isn't always combat related. From what I've read (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/us/eddie-ray-routh-on-trial-in-chris-kyle-murder.html?_r=0) the dude may be legitimately nuts. Chris Kyle is reported to have sent texts describing the guy as such and yet still took him to a shooting range.

Did not know about the texts between Kyle and Littlefield. That is interesting.....and sad.

And yeah, I know PTSD doesn't have to come from combat but the picture being painted is one of a distressed combat vet who went over the deep end. That is slightly more likely to garner some semblance of sympathy from a jury as opposed to a "straight-up nuts" POS.

ABNAK
02-12-15, 01:45
Double-tap

SteyrAUG
02-12-15, 02:01
The more I learn about the factors involved, the sadder this entire fiasco becomes.

Really wish Kyle would have gone with his instincts and decided to take this guy to the basketball court instead.

T2C
02-12-15, 07:51
A very telling article about Routh... http://warfighternews.com/2015/02/10/eddie-ray-routh-the-untold-story/

That was an interesting read. It sheds light on his background. I would imagine Kyle and others would not have known this information when they were trying to help him.

One man allegedly took the life of two other men without legal justification. That is how this case should be handled, regardless of who was involved.

WillBrink
02-12-15, 08:28

A must read article for anyone wants an extensive background on this case. The part that really surprised me and altered my view totally:

"It is important to realize that Eddie Ray Routh never experienced combat. According to the American Psychology Association “There is now accumulating evidence that suggests that posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is linked to combat experiences.”

Routh and Pawloski deployed together with CLB-8 in August 2007 to Camp Fallujah, Iraq. Pawloski said “We got mortared a couple times, that was the extent of our combat experience. Incoming was like hit and miss bullshit, for the most part there wasn’t a whole lot of hits. Routh was never near any incoming. Where he was located on the camp, he was rather safe and cozy.”

I had thought he suffered PTSD due to combat experiences, etc. The article shows a very different story: Routh was fu#ed in the head fro the start and did not suffer (at east combat related) PTSD. I wonder if Kyle really knew what/who he was dealing with? I had thought this was a tragic case of Kyle trying to help a vet with PTSD that went wrong. It appears that's not the case.

I hope this guy gets life or injected, and I see the defense have a very tough time with the PTSD defense once all this comes out in court.

TAZ
02-12-15, 08:47
So let me get this right. The nut job in question was sent to the VA by the local folks cause he presented a danger to himself and others, but the VA releases him cause his Mommy threw a tantrum. Gosh thanks Big Brother for all that help my tax $$ bought. Also said nut job holds his GF hostage with a knife and is free to walk about. Thanks again Big Brother for all that he'll I'm spending my hard earned cash on.

Basically, the system we are all supposed to surrender our rights to had 2 clear chances to pull this POS from circulation chose to yank its crank and got 2 people killed. Hmmmm shocking.

It does suck that Kyle and Littlefield ignored their own assessment.

Palmguy
02-12-15, 09:29

There was nothing to fix in the OP. Everything he stated is factually accurate. The defense stipulated to Routh killing Kyle and Littlefield. If the OP had said "murdered" instead of "killed", you'd have a point.

nova3930
02-12-15, 09:48

Yeah, but whether you did something as a matter of fact, and whether you're guilty of a crime as a matter of law are two totally different things. A person can confess to an act in court, on the stand under oath, answering the first question 100% and and the 2nd question will still be up in the air until the conclusion on the trial.

I think that's the situation this trial represents. The guy did it and the evidence is strong enough that his only hope of not going to prison forever is to admit he did it and claim he's insane and thus not criminally liable for the action. Course "winning" that trial probably means he just goes to the loony bin instead of prison...

Jer
02-12-15, 11:31
Like it or not the simple fact remains that until the trail ends he's still not guilty. That's how America works. That's the freedoms that were fought for by so many good men & women. Freedoms don't just apply to the good among us. Freedoms don't just apply to easy situations. The US Constitution is in place to spell these freedoms & rights out in situations exactly like this where it gets easy to let emotion sway your judgement. Just because the mob says something doesn't make it fact and until the trail has concluded he's still charged and he still allegedly killed someone. Period.

Innocent until proven guilty still has to mean something even for the lowest among us or it means nothing for any of us.

TXBK
02-12-15, 12:29
Like it or not the simple fact remains that until the trail ends he's still not guilty. That's how America works. That's the freedoms that were fought for by so many good men & women. Freedoms don't just apply to the good among us. Freedoms don't just apply to easy situations. The US Constitution is in place to spell these freedoms & rights out in situations exactly like this where it gets easy to let emotion sway your judgement. Just because the mob says something doesn't make it fact and until the trail has concluded he's still charged and he still allegedly killed someone. Period.

Innocent until proven guilty still has to mean something even for the lowest among us or it means nothing for any of us.

All that you say is true, except in this instance, the murderer has already admitted his guilt. So, there is no need to get bent out of shape over a technicality. It would be different if everyone just thought that he did it, but this is not the case here. His lawyer is just trying to prove that he was bat-shit crazy enough at the time that he should not be held accountable for his actions. It was a tragic event, that is even more tragic now that information such as in the warfighter news article has come to light. The only argument left is whether or not he was insane at the time of the murder.

austinN4
02-12-15, 12:40
His lawyer is just trying to prove that he was bat-shit crazy............
Well, reportedly by his own words, Kyle thought he was.

TXBK
02-12-15, 12:52
Well, reportedly by his own words, Kyle thought he was.

That is one of the pieces of information that is making this event even more tragic. It is hard for me to predict which way this will go, but either way, Routh should never see the light of day again. He is a danger to society, and I feel that given his violent and murderous past, he should spent the rest of his days in a penitentiary.

ABNAK
02-12-15, 15:35
That is one of the pieces of information that is making this event even more tragic. It is hard for me to predict which way this will go, but either way, Routh should never see the light of day again. He is a danger to society, and I feel that given his violent and murderous past, he should spent the rest of his days in a penitentiary.

He should die but the state of Texas has chosen not to seek that punishment unfortunately. I don't believe in insanity as a defense. A life cannot be replaced, therefore if you take one (and it's not an accident or in self-defense) then you should forfeit yours. I have ZERO problems executing the criminally insane. None whatsoever.

nova3930
02-13-15, 20:37
Officer testified today that the guy confessed to killing kyle and Littlefield because they didn't talk to him on the ride to the shooting range. Jfc...

Eurodriver
02-13-15, 20:53
He should die but the state of Texas has chosen not to seek that punishment unfortunately. I don't believe in insanity as a defense. A life cannot be replaced, therefore if you take one (and it's not an accident or in self-defense) then you should forfeit yours. I have ZERO problems executing the criminally insane. None whatsoever.

That's a slippery slope, and I know it's been discussed here before.

IE your daughter has an unknown brain tumor growing in her that affects her anger and reason. Someone cuts her in line at the lunch room at school and she kills her.

Your daughter isn't a killer, she's sick.

Not saying every killer has an "excuse" or that Routh was "sick", but you have to draw a line somewhere.

TXBK
02-13-15, 21:33

I don't disagree with its application in this case. Had the prosecution had more info about Routh's past and/or more medical info, they may have gone with a capital murder charge. Routh's use of illicit drugs the day of this tragic event is another reason why I think he should suffer the consequences of his actions, including murder x2, grand theft auto, theft of a firearm, and evading arrest.

Even though Routh's mother tried getting him help with his mental issues, how could she not share that vital info regarding his mental state with Kyle beforehand? And what could she possibly think that Kyle could do for him. Routh was a ticking time bomb, and the mother engaged Kyle. I wonder if she is set to testify, and which side she would hurt the most?

MountainRaven
02-13-15, 23:16

IE your daughter has an unknown brain tumor growing in her that affects her anger and reason. Someone cuts her in line at the lunch room at school and she kills her.

Not saying every killer has an "excuse" or that Routh was "sick", but you have to draw a line somewhere.

In 1966, Charles Whitman had a tumor in his brain and stabbed his wife and mother to death and then gunned down another 14 people and wounded another 32-33 (one of whom lived until 2001 before succumbing to injuries inflicted by Whitman). Whitman was killed by responding Austin PD officers.

Was he sick? Most likely. Was he not a killer? What possible treatment would there be or would there have been?

Sometimes, some sicknesses cannot be cured or their symptoms mitigated. Is the appropriate solution to force them to live with the hell of their disease or to euthanize them?

jpmuscle
02-13-15, 23:25
It should be pointed out that insanity is a multi-prong determination as far is being a psycholegal construct goes. Variations in law do exist but generally for a person to be found NGRI they must be shown to suffer an inability to appreciate the wrongfulness (illegality) of their actions as well as an inability constrain their behavior (volitional capacity).

Point is just because someone harbors a mental illness or aberration or medical/neuro impairment does not automatically suggest insanity insofar as the law is concerned.

ABNAK
02-14-15, 08:23

If it was your wife or kid killed by that poor wittle "siiiick" person I'd bet you'd sing a different tune. Take a life in cold blood and forfeit your own. Period.

docsherm
02-14-15, 11:16

Alcoholism is a disease. So if someone get drunk and kills your family is it not their fault? Or is it one of those " I can pick and choose" what "problems" are excuses and what ones are not?

How about we just play it safe and lock away all those with problems lime we did 100 years ago? Problem solved, right? If they are competent to not be locked away they are competent to stand trail. You can't have it both ways and I wish the law would start to reflect that. But that is just not PC.....

MBtech
02-14-15, 12:58
Same kind of scenario as the DB that threw his OWN daughter off a bridge, and NOW he's "mentally incompetent" to stand trial. So, oops I f**ked up, but I have mental issues now, nevermind the obvious clues beforehand that were swept under the rug right? Didn't seem to have mental issues then to get off the hook and go back living in society.

A life for a life, PERIOD. Don't waste manpower or money on scum. No need to have them around. Like a sick dog with rabies put them down.

Voodoo_Man
02-14-15, 14:13
While I have not read the thread I can say that this guy will get his time in jail or he will deal with people if he's free.

Remember this guy was part of a brotherhood, and no one goes unavenged.

jmoney
02-14-15, 14:27
Kyle lived in Midlothian. I think they did a change of venue down to Stephenville. It's a damn shame, they should be going for capital murder and the death penalty.

Death penalty cases are hard, the burden requires a showing that the defendant will be a continuing threat to society, even while incarcerated.

jmoney
02-14-15, 14:52
Alcoholism is a disease. So if someone get drunk and kills your family is it not their fault? Or is it one of those " I can pick and choose" what "problems" are excuses and what ones are not?

How about we just play it safe and lock away all those with problems lime we did 100 years ago? Problem solved, right? If they are competent to not be locked away they are competent to stand trail. You can't have it both ways and I wish the law would start to reflect that. But that is just not PC.....

I think the tumor example is good one, but not under the rationale that they are sick. I don't remember which definition we use in texas for NGBRI, but the basic idea is that a person must not be able to understand their actions are wrong. If the tumor affected a part of the brain that rendered a person unable to understand the consequences of their actions that might be an issue.

I seriously doubt that is the case here. Voluntary intox doesn't give a person this excuse, now if someone was dosed by a malevolent person with pcp... Maybe.

Not guilty by reason of insanity just doesn't work often because of the standard it requires, they have a better chance of just confusing a juror and getting them to vote NG because they feel bad for the guy, even though they are specifically told they can't do that.

kwelz
02-14-15, 17:05
Our Criminal justice system is backwards.

Which is more important. Rehabilitation or punishment? I have always felt that Rehabilitation is more important. So in the case of a Tumor then it should be treated. But I am not so stupid as to think that all, or even most criminals can be treated. Those are the ones who should be punished.

Sam
02-24-15, 21:32
GUILTY !

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/24/jury-deliberations-begin-in-american-sniper-killing-trial/?intcmp=latestnews

Palmguy
02-24-15, 22:15
Sentenced to life without parole.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-25-15, 05:38
Good.

Voodoochild
02-25-15, 07:18
****er deserves to ride the lightning..

MBtech
02-25-15, 07:24
Does not deserve, food, shelter, or oxygen.

austinN4
02-25-15, 07:34
Does not deserve, food, shelter, or oxygen.
My guess is that he will be properly punished by someone already in the system, thereby saving the taxpayers the cost of endless death row appeals.

Averageman
02-25-15, 08:17
My guess is that he will be properly punished by someone already in the system, thereby saving the taxpayers the cost of endless death row appeals.

THIS !
Someone will want to be the Man.

Eurodriver
02-25-15, 08:20
I hope Greg Abbot makes American Sniper required viewing for all violent offenders in the Texas penitentiary system...

docsherm
02-25-15, 08:58

From what I read about him he has had the "little man syndrome" since high school. If that plays out he will be taken care of very quickly inside.

austinN4
02-25-15, 09:30
"little man syndrome"
He looked pretty big in the courtroom videos, and much bigger then when arrested. Must of been eating really well while in custody.

Jer
02-25-15, 10:52
NOW you can say he killed him. Just wish the punishment was a little more apropos of the crime. $0.45 bullet to his head instead of a lifetime draw on the tax payer dollar.

ColtSeavers
02-25-15, 10:53
Glad to see he didn't escape justice. Though I am not thrilled about him not getting the death penalty (not because of who he killed but because it was premeditated and he is not legally insane).

TXBK
02-25-15, 11:00
NOW you can say he killed him.

No, now we can say he is guilty. Even my dog knew that he killed both of those men the day that it happened.

Jer
02-25-15, 11:01
No, now we can say he is guilty. Even my dog knew that he killed both of those men the day that it happened.

Well we can just let your dog decide the fate of every American and throw out due process and save us all a lot of tax payer money then.

Averageman
02-25-15, 11:18
He looked pretty big in the courtroom videos, and much bigger than when arrested. Must of been eating really well while in custody.

I'm sure that is a combination of a high carb diet and a different set of drugs he's being given.
My guess is he was using some street cooked meth, that would also explain a high paranoia level and some dementia.

cctroupe11
02-25-15, 11:23
As a combat veteran and a former LEO that started in the jail system, it pains me to see a cold blooded murderer of two top notch Americans get away with a life of 3 meals a day, a bed, TV, phones,commissary, and recreation, paid for by our tax dollars. I would much rather have seen this guy get the death penalty. Or better yet, what happened to the days of staking someone out in the desert and letting the crows and buzzards peck out their eyes and organs?

TXBK
02-25-15, 11:26
Well we can just let your dog decide the fate of every American and throw out due process and save us all a lot of tax payer money then.

There isn't much need for the process with a confession, but then again, not every murderer confesses to their crimes and there has to be a trial to prove their guilt.

MBtech
02-25-15, 11:29
As a combat veteran and a former LEO that started in the jail system, it pains me to see a cold blooded murderer of two top notch Americans get away with a life of 3 meals a day, a bed, TV, phones,commissary, and recreation, paid for by our tax dollars. I would much rather have seen this guy get the death penalty. Or better yet, what happened to the days of staking someone out in the desert and letting the crows and buzzards peck out their eyes and organs?

Bingo

Jer
02-25-15, 11:29
....there has to be a trial to prove their guilt.

Bingo. Rights aren't there to protect the upstanding, innocent and likable among us. If we start decided who these inalienable rights do and don't apply to then we are no worse than our enemies. It amazes me how many let emotion get involved in situations like this and are all too quick to want to sweep Constitutionally protected rights away in favor of 'justice and freedom' ....sound familiar?

TXBK
02-25-15, 11:42
Bingo. Rights aren't there to protect the upstanding, innocent and likable among us. If we start decided who these inalienable rights do and don't apply to then we are no worse than our enemies. It amazes me how many let emotion get involved in situations like this and are all too quick to want to sweep Constitutionally protected rights away in favor of 'justice and freedom' ....sound familiar?

C'mon, you changed the entire context of my statement, and ignored the part that actually pertains to Routh's case. He professed his own guilt, beforehand. And, rights are there to protect the innocent. Both an innocent and guilty man will say they did not do the crime. The trial is to protect the innocent.

jaxman7
02-25-15, 19:54
I like what Chris Kyle's fellow SEAL & Texan, Marcus said about Routh...a lot
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/02/25/marcus-luttrell-navy-seal-friend-of-chris-kyle-warns-killer-eddie-ray-routh-following-verdict/

-Jax

HD1911
02-25-15, 21:04

No joke.

SteyrAUG
02-26-15, 00:51

While this guy might deserve an ISIS style departure, I don't think any outcome is going to leave anyone with any real sense of satisfaction, justice or acceptance.

Kyle and Littlefield are gone and nothing is going to make that ok.

ABNAK
02-26-15, 01:07
While this guy might deserve an ISIS style departure, I don't think any outcome is going to leave anyone with any real sense of satisfaction, justice or acceptance.

This may be entirely true, but like it or not a certain element of vengeance exists in the shadows of "justice", and I'm okay with that. Routh continuing to breathe perfectly good air doesn't go very far in satisfying that beast.

HD1911
02-26-15, 01:11

Death would've been Justice served, for the Families, his brothers-in-arms, and for the Community... this POS gets to live out his life with 3 squares a day and healthcare for the rest of his life... all on our dime. Texas has failed. Of all places in the US....

Palmguy
02-26-15, 08:48
NOW you can say he killed him.

As I and several others have already said, that Routh killed Kyle and Littlefield was not in question. Whether or not Routh committed a crime was in question. The defense stipulated to Routh killing Kyle and Littlefield. Killing is not necessarily a crime.

The guilty verdict did not decide that Routh killed Kyle and Littlefield, it decided that he killed them unlawfully.

Same as how you can say that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin even though GZ was acquitted.

SteyrAUG
02-26-15, 21:05
Death would've been Justice served, for the Families, his brothers-in-arms, and for the Community... this POS gets to live out his life with 3 squares a day and healthcare for the rest of his life... all on our dime. Texas has failed. Of all places in the US....

And I'm actually sympathetic to that particular POV. Just stating that the entire fiasco is a mess and it won't be getting any better. I'm more concerned with Nidal Hasan, while he has received a death sentence, I'm sure he will die of natural causes before it is ever carried out.