PDA

View Full Version : MOLLE on 2" Duty Belt

Packeagle
02-11-15, 23:37
I want to give the 5.11 Disposable Glove Pouch a try. I work in a jail and we go through exam gloves like crazy. I currently use a Bianchi Accumold duty belt. It's 2" wide. I don't have any MOLLE pouches around to try. So my question, does MOLLE fit a 2" belt securely? Will it slide back and forth or flop up and down?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-12-15, 03:01
I want to give the 5.11 Disposable Glove Pouch a try. I work in a jail and we go through exam gloves like crazy. I currently use a Bianchi Accumold duty belt. It's 2" wide. I don't have any MOLLE pouches around to try. So my question, does MOLLE fit a 2" belt securely? Will it slide back and forth or flop up and down?

It depends on the type of attachment. MALICE clips, ALICE, snaps, etc. For the most part, it should fit alright. Do yourself a favor and get a velcro inner belt and a duty belt with a velcro liner. It keeps all my pouches from floating on my belt.

Packeagle
02-12-15, 09:09
I use a Velcro inner. When I take the belt off my current Bianchi pouches don't slide at all. They are tight enough to stay in place. I am trying to see if anyone has used the MOLLE specificly the 5.11 slickstick MOLLE on a 2" mounting application.

From what I know about MOLLE, it is 1" per loop. It alternates so it can be woven to the PALS on the pack, garment, etc. That would mean it wouldn't fit very snugly. 1" gap/1" strap/1" gap/ tucked into 1" strap. Gives me 3" to put my belt through. However, they advertise their system working on belts. Just curious how their Slickstick compares to traditional MOLLE in this application.

Boy Scout
02-12-15, 09:54
You might double check the width of your belt and make sure it's not one of the 2 1/4" belts. My last experience with the Bianchi Accumold belts is that they were 2 1/4". If it is, orienting the pouch vertically (normally) shouldn't give you too much trouble, especially depending on where you put it on the belt. It may slide a little bit vertically, but I wouldn't imagine it would give you that much trouble.

Also, is the MOLLE laid out like you mentioned above, with a gap in the middle? I know some pouches have a row of material that you just weave around when installing it on your platform. I couldn't find a picture of the back of the pouch to confirm it. I once used a (Spec-Ops?) pouch like that as an IFAK on a 2" nylon belt using thick zip ties to secure it. It worked quite well.

You may also look at turning the pouch sideways and removing the center stitches of the MOLLE and sliding it on the belt. If it's only two rows wide in it's normal orientation, it would be 3" between the outer stitches. I'm toying with this idea for another pouch at the moment.

Packeagle
02-12-15, 10:07
My experience with MOLLE is limited. I didn't know anyone was making them like you describe.

This is an image I snagged off of YouTube of the back of the pouch.
http://i58.tinypic.com/33eod4o.png
It will be gap/skip row/ under row. That should give me 2" for my belt. If my belt is 2" and not 2.25". I'll have to measure tomorrow at work.

SoTex1
02-24-15, 17:18
I use the short malice clips to attach taco to my duty belt. Same duty belt. Easy as pie. Run through molle then down over belt and clip in underneath. Mine doesn't slide when on at all. When off it takes some effort to adjust where it rides on my rig.