PDA

View Full Version : SIG 226 - Best EDC, Tactical Holster?

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 09:44
Hey guys, I've been a Glock guy since I was old enough to have a pistol, but I'm looking to purchase a 226 soon. I like their fit and features. I plan on running a Haley INCOG holster for concealed carry, but I was curious what holster(s) you guys would recommend for an EDC hip carry, and/or a good tactical holster that can be worn comfortably with a plate carrier (possibly a drop leg or belt kit that doesn't hang up on the PC?).

Thanks!
-Chris

Pappabear
02-12-15, 09:54
Raven for outside the pants. Or DSG KNOCK OFF
COMP TAC ITWB

THE Ravens are tight to the body, the blade tech pushes the gun away from body a bit. Depends if you are short, the Raven could hit gear. I would wear your Rig into a gun shop and try a couple on. Good luck.

sac
02-12-15, 10:45
When I had mine I used a DSG. Got rid of all my Sigs because of where the slide lock is, my thumb is always on top of it. To many years shooting 1911's.

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 10:54
I'm 5'11", 160. Pretty tall and slender.

operator81
02-12-15, 11:19
I used a Raven with mine for a P226R and Surefire X300. OWB it held very tight to the body. I'm 5'9", 155.

L-2
02-12-15, 12:33
What I currently use for my P226R isn't necessarily what I'd buy today. I mainly use an IWB-type Blade-Tech.com holster. For my OWB type I've got a Galcogunleather.com "Avenger". If I were to buy an OWB for this gun today, I'd get a Safariland.com "ALS" type holster as I'm wearing one right now with my Glock 19gen3. For the SIG, consider the 6378 or 7378 models.

For tactical/duty carry, also consider Safariland.com and see what will work with your load out gear.

CatSnipah
02-12-15, 13:44
What I currently use for my P226R isn't necessarily what I'd buy today. I mainly use an IWB-type Blade-Tech.com holster. For my OWB type I've got a Galcogunleather.com "Avenger". If I were to buy an OWB for this gun today, I'd get a Safariland.com "ALS" type holster as I'm wearing one right now with my Glock 19gen3. For the SIG, consider the 6378 or 7378 models.

For tactical/duty carry, also consider Safariland.com and see what will work with your load out gear.

I have a 7378 for my P229R - I haven't used it for EDC, but I have it attached to the fork system so I can move it between belt and chest rig for classes. I've been considering putting it back on the paddle and seeing if it would work out for OWB EDC.

ggammell
02-12-15, 14:15

Here is your answer. Quality, readily available, multiple configurations. I only venture from Safariland when I need something for a non-duty sized gun (i.e. My Kahr PM9 rides in an RCS holster).

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 15:31
I used an ALS with my Glock. I agree, it is a great holster. I'm considering another one of those for a tactical holster, but I'm looking for more of a streamlined kydex holster for EDC. The Raven's look nice.

I remember seeing a company similar to Raven that custom made kydex holsters in different colors awhile back. Does anyone know what the name was?

ggammell
02-12-15, 15:36
It became a "thing." Making kydex holsters. You'll find a dozen or more googling. RCS is one of the leaders. Many others followed.

cctroupe11
02-12-15, 15:44
Most new "tactical" things do as of late. Too many keyboard-commandos with too much money these days. Lol!

Tiny86
02-12-15, 15:46
My duty gun is a 226 so I have alot of carry time with one. When I'm not running my duty gear and am not concerned about concealment I use a safariland ALS. I like to have my holster spaced a little off my body. The have good retention and great speed.

RWH24
02-12-15, 23:30
The DSG Alpha holsters are nice. I have one for an M&P9 PRO 5" and TLR-1 light. Holds pistol very well. May order one for my Sig 226R and P239 also.

RocketScott
02-13-15, 09:17
I'm finally getting my G code XST next week. It got good reviews and I like the RTI wheel. It did take almost two months to ship though.

I also have and old fobus holster that has served me well for OWB. Nothing fancy but does the job and fits me well.

MoCop
02-14-15, 19:59
The Sig's are good guns. Even the newer ones. I've been carrying a P229R as my duty weapon since 2007 and have never had a problem. When I do carry my 229R I do so IWB with a blade-tech IWB holster. It's sturdy enough and thin enough where it won't exacerbate the bulkiness of the gun. Hope this helps.