PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Gold .223 Ammo ... How does this ammo compare to other budget brands?

falconman515
02-14-15, 14:14
So I have shot regular walmart .223 rounds like PMC, American Eagle, Remington, and Federal

BUT .... I am looking to find a great deal on a 1000 box of BRASS .223 ammo

And the WOLF Gold 55gr FMJ seems to be a great deal right now (just under 300 shipped)

But I have ZERO clue about this ammo, seems Wolf is known for the real cheap steel cased ammo (which I Do Not want)

But how is this Wolf GOLD brass cased ammo as compared to the other budgets brands that I named above???

I will be shooting with a BMC 16" ELW barrel (all BMC upper, KMR rail, BMC BCG, Mod0 Comp, and CH).

Thanks so much ,.. I want to jump on a 1,000 round box in light of new legal developments upcoming with these rounds ... But want to make sure I am buying quality budget rounds.

Inkslinger
02-14-15, 14:28
Lots of threads on Wolf Gold, try the search feature.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wolf+gold+m4carbine.net&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=wolf+gold+m4carbine.net+site:www.m4carbine.net&hl=en

Eurodriver
02-14-15, 14:31
Lots of threads on Wolf Gold, try the search feature.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wolf+gold+m4carbine.net&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=wolf+gold+m4carbine.net+site:www.m4carbine.net&hl=en

Thanks for the link.

Covered many times. Wolf Gold is good to go.

falconman515
02-14-15, 14:42
Any updates? Most threads are older and this sumo seems to have changed a bit (for the better from what I've read).

Just trying to get more up to date info and thoughts.

Thanks

Eurodriver
02-14-15, 15:01
Dude, There's nothing else to discuss. It's an M193 substitute that you can expect decent accuracy out of. What "legal developments" have you heard of? There's nothing new with this ammo as it is lead 55gr ammo.

Additionally, you should probably try putting this in the "Ammunition" sub forum as this is about ammunition and not the AR15.

SeriousStudent
02-14-15, 15:25
Ammo threads do belong in the ammo section, and the specs on this particular round have not changed.