PDA

View Full Version : ISIS now threatening family of Military on Facebook

jmoney
02-15-15, 10:58
http://news.yahoo.com/video/isis-threatens-military-spouses-using-185122313.html

These guys just don't seem to know when to stop.

Mauser KAR98K
02-15-15, 11:13
http://news.yahoo.com/video/isis-threatens-military-spouses-using-185122313.html

These guys just don't seem to know when to stop.

Bullets to their heads is how.

Moose-Knuckle
02-16-15, 04:02
OPSEC: reason #7,531,984,563,215,687 why not to plaster your life on social media.

Sabre675
02-16-15, 05:10
OPSEC: reason #7,531,984,563,215,687 why not to plaster your life on social media.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This X infinity!

brickboy240
02-16-15, 11:34
...as if you need another reason to stay away from places like Facebook.

HD1911
02-16-15, 11:58
Just yet another reason to allow and even encourage carry on and off duty whilst On-base and going to and fro.

I mean, these are the folks that raised their right hands and said they would protect this Country from our Enemies, both foreign and domestic... time to let em do just that. Have they no right to defend themselves and their families, along with this nation as a whole?

Mauser KAR98K
02-16-15, 12:11
Geez, respond to threats by silencing yourself from social media. Maybe people are proud they serve their country and just post pics, and the service rate and rank. Nothing really Opsec about it.

Arm our members to protect themselves, or better yet, send ISIS back to Allah!

Voodoochild
02-16-15, 12:42
Geez, respond to threats by silencing yourself from social media. Maybe people are proud they serve their country and just post pics, and the service rate and rank. Nothing really Opsec about it.

Problem is word gets around and loose lips and all that. Know who is the first to know about deployments and when their significant other is due back? The wife/girlfriends are and they blab about that shit to everyone and post it all over social media. It is a tangled Web and it spreads like wildfire. One person says or posts something and next thing you know it is shared/liked with dozens if not hundreds of others who in turn spread it around.

Moose-Knuckle
02-17-15, 00:01

While you're at it, go ahead and let everyone know via Facebook when you are on vacation and not at home.

What your children's names are, what they look like, their ages, what school they attend, and what sports teams they play for.

What's the worst that could happen?

Iraqgunz
02-17-15, 00:57
I suspect we would have lost WWII with the amount of stupid shit people post on Facebook had the internet been around back then. I wonder why we had to have posters to remind people to shut the hell up?

NC_DAVE
02-17-15, 09:23
I suspect we would have lost WWII with the amount of stupid shit people post on Facebook had the internet been around back then. I wonder why we had to have posters to remind people to shut the hell up?

WW2 government probably would have washed Facebook or shut it down. I mean they almost didn't allow Hollywood to release Marines on Tarawa because it was to disturbing.

Atg336
02-17-15, 10:05
Figure keeping better situational mindset and adjusting your own settings on social media sites will do some control, but you also have to have family and friends do the same regarding their activities online.
Aside from this, they want the fear and personal arsenal out. Anyone connected to (or imitating) ISIS with the intent to do harm here states-side to vets and families are prepared to die, regardless of how many they hurt, as long as the deed is televised and running the electronic gossip channels. This is how ISIS wins and keeps recruiting.

Sabre675
02-18-15, 17:03
While you're at it, go ahead and let everyone know via Facebook when you are on vacation and not at home.

What your children's names are, what they look like, their ages, what school they attend, and what sports teams they play for.

What's the worst that could happen?

You're just crazy Paranoid. LOL. Why wouldn't want to waste all of your time airing out all of the above... Maybe you're right though. Maybe narcissism does have consequences after all...

JMO, but people are a lil wound up over ISIS. Terrorism is nothing new. Islamic extremism is as old as carbon. With media and social media it is just being sold more. Many threats around the globe. Don't live like sheep in general is about all you can do. Many extremist around the globe. Same horrific shit happens elsewhere everyday and just doesn't get the same coverage. Mexico is a prime example. For me, POTUS, Congress etc have more of real a negative impact to me and my family. But thank god for them the majority of Americans only focus on the reality that is fed to them on their TV, Smart Phone or whatever widgadiget they are currently hypnotizing themselves with.

But whatever. It's FACEBOOK. Woooooo. I think Charles Darwin may have been on to something.

Turnkey11
02-19-15, 01:56

Say the ISIS guy threatening you was the guy at the 7-11 you get your gas from. Cant shoot him over a facebook post, you'll go to jail. By rights he will be treated just like any other citizen and end up in jail radicalizing all the inmates more than they already are. There are already hundreds, if not thousands of ISIS supporters and followers in the US, 99% of them dont have the balls to actively participate.

Moose-Knuckle
02-19-15, 23:07
You're just crazy Paranoid. LOL. Why wouldn't want to waste all of your time airing out all of the above... Maybe you're right though. Maybe narcissism does have consequences after all...

JMO, but people are a lil wound up over ISIS. Terrorism is nothing new. Islamic extremism is as old as carbon. With media and social media it is just being sold more. Many threats around the globe. Don't live like sheep in general is about all you can do. Many extremist around the globe. Same horrific shit happens elsewhere everyday and just doesn't get the same coverage. Mexico is a prime example. For me, POTUS, Congress etc have more of real a negative impact to me and my family. But thank god for them the majority of Americans only focus on the reality that is fed to them on their TV, Smart Phone or whatever widgadiget they are currently hypnotizing themselves with.

But whatever. It's FACEBOOK. Woooooo. I think Charles Darwin may have been on to something.

Not directed at you.

But it's not just jihadist boogie men one has to worry about. The world is a big dangerous place. If you are MIL or LEO one would be wise as not to advertise too much but even if you are not why do so many people feel the need to post EVERYTHING about their lives on social media. Social media has ruined a many career, public shame, etc. Home burglaries are common as people announce when they out of town and their belongings are free for the taking. Take ten seconds and search for sex offenders in your area via your local LEA website. Now why would peopel advertise their children online for all to see?

This isn't brain surgery . . .

Sabre675
02-19-15, 23:24
Well said. I completely agree.