PDA

View Full Version : LPK's aren't all equal

LDB
02-15-15, 18:14
I've been shopping online for a LPK for the 80% lower I finished. I've read a lot of reviews and the DPMS kits get a significant portion of negative reviews. I haven't found reviews of Stag or Rock River yet. Any input on consistently better quality LPK's will be greatly appreciated.

el_chingoton13
02-15-15, 18:18
I've found the quality of Stag parts to be good. If you're going to be changing out the selector, trigger, end plate, etc... You can buy the parts you need individually, cheaper.

Inkslinger
02-15-15, 18:19
Beat to death...
https://www.google.com/search?q=lpk+m4carbine.net&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=lpk+m4carbine.net+site:www.m4carbine.net&hl=en

Kain
02-15-15, 18:20
If you want what is going to be argued as the best milspec LPK you can buy. Check out GandRtactical.com. Site sponsor no less. And you should be able to get a Colt LPK without FCG for about $60. Add the trigger of your choice, ALG and Geissele tend to be the most popular choices, and rock on.

black22rifle
02-15-15, 19:29
Bottom of the barrel for me would be psa. Wether it's an alg or geissle trigger you want they essentially throw in the parts kit for free when you buy the trigger.

sadmin
02-15-15, 19:39
I bought an Aero branded LPK for around 70.00, I didn't even know they sold them separately. One of the best triggers I've gotten with any LPK hands down, feels like my Wilson single stage, no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smac61
02-15-15, 19:57
I always had real good luck with Stag kits, used to be all I'd use. Good price, great quality. Haven't used one in a few years though. Last 2 builds were White Oak sourced kit sans trigger and a DD kit, those were GTG as well. I think I'll go the G&R route next time...

joeyjoe
02-15-15, 20:05
If you want what is going to be argued as the best milspec LPK you can buy. Check out GandRtactical.com. Site sponsor no less. And you should be able to get a Colt LPK without FCG for about $60. Add the trigger of your choice, ALG and Geissele tend to be the most popular choices, and rock on.

This. I wouldn't bother going with anything else. I go ALG ACT + colt LPK (sans fcg) on virtually everything I do. For around $120.00, you cant get near that package.

Laust
02-15-15, 20:35
I found the DPMS LPK the same as all the others I've used EXCEPT for the trigger, which I actually took outside an threw it as far as I could in the field.
Like Kain says, buy one with out the FCG then get a nice trigger, you'll end up buying one anyway.

brown3345
02-15-15, 20:48
THere are some things I just don't like to go cheap on, and LPK is one of them. I try to stay with Daniel Defense and Colt if I can get them. For the piece of mind that comes with just a few bucks more spent, I'm lovin the top tier brands...

Sasahara
02-15-15, 23:17
Im really confused. Why are you making another thread about this? As per SeriousStudent in the last thread you made - "OP, there are some well-known places on the web with quality LPK's. I personally have had good results on builds with LPK's from G&R Tactical, Sionics, White Oak Armament, and Brownells. "

Zirk208
02-15-15, 23:37
I went with the Colt LPK from Grant.
Another dark horse that doesn't always get mentioned early in these discussions is White Oak Armament. They don't provoke near the amount of polarizing responses that DPMS, RRA, and Spikes do.

Iraqgunz
02-16-15, 00:15
Not to sound crass, but worrying about a great LPK for an 80% lower seems a little misguided.

Here's a good one. http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store/product.php?id_product=71

I've been shopping online for a LPK for the 80% lower I finished. I've read a lot of reviews and the DPMS kits get a significant portion of negative reviews. I haven't found reviews of Stag or Rock River yet. Any input on consistently better quality LPK's will be greatly appreciated.

Iraqgunz
02-16-15, 00:17
Closed since you are asking the same thing in your other thread.