PDA

View Full Version : Repacement tiggers./ Timney

Dualspringfields
07-05-08, 13:18
I have a DPMS. Im wondering which trigger to get.The large hole one or the small hole one? And did they stop making CMC 2 stage trigger groups????? Cant find one anywhere.

Thanks Casey.

GONIF
07-05-08, 13:27
Colt = large pin every thing else is small pin(standard). the Timney is very nice ,light ,smooth and all but it may not be best as a defensive AR trigger there is almost no trigger travel (take up) and it will take some getting used to if your not familier with match triggers . I think you might want to try an AR with a Timney installed first B4 you buy one . I a'm not familier with the CMC trigger.

Dualspringfields
07-05-08, 13:44
Thanks.

Dr. Jekyll
08-08-08, 23:17
I spoke with someone at CMC and they said they are focusing on the mags only. When I asked if they would be having any available in the near future the answer was no, and not this year for sure.

Shihan
08-10-08, 15:41
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12717

Dr. Jekyll
08-10-08, 15:57
I'd recommend a Timney trigger as well. I got mine from Wes over at M.S.T.N. With the Timney's new design you don't need anti walk pins as they have a pair of set screws to cinch it in there and another pair of set screws to hold those in place. I got the 4lb. pull and it's breaks crisp and clean. Installing took all of 15 minutes too.

Shihan
08-11-08, 20:25
I'd recommend a Timney trigger as well. I got mine from Wes over at M.S.T.N. With the Timney's new design you don't need anti walk pins as they have a pair of set screws to cinch it in there and another pair of set screws to hold those in place. I got the 4lb. pull and it's breaks crisp and clean. Installing took all of 15 minutes too.

I would use KNS pins regardless.

MisterWilson
08-11-08, 20:55
I have a DPMS. Im wondering which trigger to get.The large hole one or the small hole one? And did they stop making CMC 2 stage trigger groups????? Cant find one anywhere.

Thanks Casey.

I didn't know that CMC ever made 2-stage triggers, I thought that they were all single stage...

That being said, I LOVE my single stage. I took it to a range once with a .22 kit and the RO asked to see the tax stamp for my M-16.
(Everything was within the size of a fist at 50 yards too)

That being said, if I couldn't get my grubby paws on another CMC, I'd likely get a Timney based on what I've heard.*

*Note that's based entirely off hearsay. I haven't gotten to play with any yet but have no reason to believe that they're anything less than great.