PDA

View Full Version : Simple additions to the N4

Hellfire
07-05-08, 17:47
Thanks to the info I have gotten from this site, I have made some simple upgrades to my Noveske N4 basic that have made the rifle a better fit for me.
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/856/1000767zg0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I added: a MIAD grip, the TD was too small, a Magpul trigger guard, a Vicker's 2pt-great sling, and I needed a UWL adapter on my FSB to run the sling. Thanks for all the info and for all the help.

CLHC
07-05-08, 20:09
Coming along nicely I must say! Are you going to put the SOG rubber butt pad on there? They work great when I had them.

Enjoy! :cool:

TheActivePatriot
07-05-08, 20:11
Nice looking rifle! Any plans for optics?

Hellfire
07-06-08, 10:12

Looking at Aimpoints but I can get a new EOTech for $100, so that clouds the thinking a bit.

uspopo
07-06-08, 10:26
Looking good!

UDT
07-06-08, 10:34
Congrats, looks nice. Sometimes simple is good.

Sam
07-06-08, 10:44
Looking at Aimpoints but I can get a new EOTech for $100, so that clouds the thinking a bit.

Nice rifle. There's probably a reason why this EOT is only $100. You should reconsider.

jh1
07-07-08, 07:33
Nice rifle. There's probably a reason why this EOT is only $100. You should reconsider.

If you don't want the EOT let me know.I'll take it for $100.

lalakai
07-07-08, 10:15

nice job on the platform. congrats.

okay, this is really outside the box but..............................

I went to gun store where i worked for several years and was talking with them about the M4 i'm building (excellent gunsmith there). Was looking at optics and not sure the direction i'll go. Surprisingly one of them suggested an extended eye relief bow sight. Simple 2X magnification with fiber optics and lighted reticle. Looks like it will mount on the top of the upper, but not sure of the elevations. We talked about the scope's ability to accept the recoil as compared to the bow recoil, and they said the compound bow recoil would be of similiar force, but not as sharp. For $129 i might try it and see how it works.

just something to consider :rolleyes:

Stickman
07-07-08, 10:37
A bow optic would probably work fine for the range, so would most airsoft optics. Its all a matter of what you plan to do with your weapon.

I would stick with iron sights before staking my life on something I had qualms with.

lalakai
07-07-08, 11:17
lol definitely agree with that, about the ability of the scope to take a beating. I'll test the scope and see how much of a pounding it can take, before it gets a permanent place on my weapon.

Friend of mine that does testing on rifles and scopes nearly gave me a heart attack once when he cavalierly dumped his scope onto the concrete, to access his BUIS. I tried to catch the scope before it bounced on the concrete, but no luck. he just shook his head and said that if the scope wouldn't stand up to a simple drop like that, that he didn't want it on his weapon. I've never forgotten that lesson.:eek:

Tennvol12345
07-07-08, 11:48
I bought my 552 for $125 brand new when I worked for L3 (another division than EOTech) thru the employee discount. Limit of 1 per year.

lalakai
07-07-08, 12:30
I bought my 552 for $125 brand new when I worked for L3 (another division than EOTech) thru the employee discount. Limit of 1 per year.

.....................................................who ever is closest to this guy........slap him once for me. dang, good job on the 552.

i did something like that once on a pair of Swarovski 10 x 42 EL's, going through dealer discount. love 'em.