PDA

View Full Version : KAC URX 3.X Locking Issue

Sexual_Meatball
02-17-15, 03:08
Hey M4C, I'm looking to get feedback from other fellow knights arm co owners of the urx 3 rail. I've come across an issue where the bottom rear detent/button where it holds the bottom half, no longer engages/lock. I bought an AAC/KAC URX 3.1 rail from AAC and as I was playing with the rail taking it on and off (using my MUT tool w/ the long hex key to push down and slide/remove) until all of a sudden it stopped working. Has any other owners of this rail come across such issue, if so how did you fix it? I also contacted knights about this already and I'm waiting for a response. I'll contact aac in the afternoon if I don't hear back from kac in the morn.

Onyx Z
02-17-15, 08:13
Nope, mine is from AAC as well and it works perfectly. I don't think the detent is entirely needed since the rail bolts together in the end.

MegademiC
02-17-15, 12:46
When the bottom is off, does it still go in and out? Is it binding? Is the hole it goes into clean?

Pictures of the bottom on may help.

Failure2Stop
02-17-15, 12:57
Hey M4C, I'm looking to get feedback from other fellow knights arm co owners of the urx 3 rail. I've come across an issue where the bottom rear detent/button where it holds the bottom half, no longer engages/lock. I bought an AAC/KAC URX 3.1 rail from AAC and as I was playing with the rail taking it on and off (using my MUT tool w/ the long hex key to push down and slide/remove) until all of a sudden it stopped working. Has any other owners of this rail come across such issue, if so how did you fix it? I also contacted knights about this already and I'm waiting for a response. I'll contact aac in the afternoon if I don't hear back from kac in the morn.

There will be a reply from KAC before the end of the day.

Sexual_Meatball
02-17-15, 13:53
When the bottom is off, does it still go in and out? Is it binding? Is the hole it goes into clean?

Pictures of the bottom on may help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tdfsq7xrckj9ht0/AABQqTxQGk8pcvz2IrN85ORwa

looks like that...

Sexual_Meatball
02-17-15, 13:57
well if the feature is there im sure it's quite necessary. but i do like how there are 4 main screws+side panel screws thatll hold the two together. however with it being a brand new rail i wouldnt want any issues from the get go especially when it's waiting to be built

MegademiC
02-17-15, 21:40
Looks like the detent is bound up. Can you move it around and try to free it? I'm sure you'll get a response soon, but I'd see what's up in the meantime.

Sexual_Meatball
02-17-15, 22:29
Nah tried using something to pry it and its not budging. I got a response but nothing after I replied -.-

trauma
02-18-15, 00:44
The LWURX never came with this detent feature, not sure why I'm mentioning this but it came to mind. BTW, I'm always looking for LWURX's….haha

Failure2Stop
02-18-15, 07:27
Nah tried using something to pry it and its not budging. I got a response but nothing after I replied -.-

We're not seeing a reply.

Sexual_Meatball
02-18-15, 13:37
We're not seeing a reply.
Just checked me email outbox and it looks like it failed to send thru my phone. My phone gave no notice about it not sending so let me send something right this instance.

Sexual_Meatball
02-18-15, 14:28
Alright, Ryan got back to me and gave me the solution of using a pin punch and checking out the guts and seeing what's up...now let's hope I have the right size punch..