PDA

View Full Version : Snow Rage

WillBrink
02-17-15, 08:39
Any of you either dealing with, or keeping track of, how how bad the winter has been in the North East? I can't remember a worse winter in my adult life. Not just the all time record snow (and more coming today...) but very cold temps for weeks on end. The entire city of Boston essentially at a total stop. I was supposed to go to FL, but it was not happening fast enough for me, so I grabbed a ticket to Panama last minute and I'm out of here.

Man attacks plow driver with shovel in Somerville, police say

A Somerville man was arrested Sunday on charges that he attacked a snow plow driver with a shovel, police said.

The man, who has not been identified, attacked the driver and his plow while wielding a shovel on Dickinson Street around 1 p.m., said Somerville Police Lieutenant James Rooney.

The plow driver was injured but did not go to the hospital, Rooney said.

“This is extraordinary circumstances with all the snow,” Rooney said. “People need to work together, not be fighting with the people who are trying to clear their street.”

The man is to be arraigned in Somerville District Court on Tuesday, Rooney said. He is charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property over $250.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/02/15/man-arrested-after-shovel-attack-plow-driver/u6f8c5e7gHclOuwnE8RtSK/story.html

Eurodriver
02-17-15, 08:58

Meh...

WillBrink
02-17-15, 09:01

Meh...

I'll be in Panama for a month starting next week (those are cold temps for Panama...), and believe me, not a millisecond too soon. When I return, gonna start looking for a place in FL asap. I was supposed to already be in FL by now, but nothing fell into place in time to avoid this horrible crap.

ABNAK
02-17-15, 09:06
I'll be in Panama for a month starting next week (those are cold temps for Panama...), and believe me, not a millisecond too soon. When I return, gonna start looking for a place in FL asap. I was supposed to already be in FL by now, but nothing fell into place in time to avoid this horrible crap.

The weather pic he posted is of Florida, not Panama. Panama doesn't get anywhere near that cool....ever! (unless your up in the mountains near Costa Rica)

Ryno12
02-17-15, 09:10
My wife & I were watching the news the other night and we even commented with a "Holy Crap" as they were showing all the snow out east. We're in WI and we get a fair share of cold & snow.
That said, I couldn't imagine NOT having four seasons. I love snow to the point where I wish we'd get even more.
I think what Euro posted above would suck to live in and it'd bore me. (He also has 5 G19s & that'd bore me too). ;)

ABNAK
02-17-15, 09:19
My wife & I were watching the news the other night and we even commented with a "Holy Crap" as they were showing all the snow out east. We're in WI and we get a fair share of cold & snow.
That said, I couldn't imagine NOT having four seasons. I love snow to the point where I wish we'd get even more.
I think what Euro posted above would suck to live in and it'd bore me. (He also has 5 G19s & that'd bore me too). ;)

I'll take summer and fall. Spring is too "iffy" and winter flat-out sucks balls (I hate the cold, and I'm originally from Ohio). Yeah, 95 degrees with matching humidity sucks too but if given the choice between that and 20 degrees, well......bring on the shorts!

WillBrink
02-17-15, 09:20
The weather pic he posted is of Florida, not Panama. Panama doesn't get anywhere near that cool....ever! (unless your up in the mountains near Costa Rica)

I'm aware of that as I have a place in Panama....

ABNAK
02-17-15, 09:25
I'm aware of that as I have a place in Panama....

You said "those are cold temps for Panama" so I thought you might have glanced at what Euro posted and thought it was Panama. Yeah, I know you have a place there and we've talked before (I spent 3 years there in the Army).

Panama actually sounds pretty good right now!

Hmac
02-17-15, 09:31
Here in Minnesota, we like the snow...the more the better. This year has been so sucky for snowfall amounts that my buddies and I had to go to Montana to find enough to ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9RknNB9Ec

Ryno12
02-17-15, 09:37
Here in Minnesota, we like the snow...the more the better. This year has been so sucky for snowfall amounts that my buddies and I had to go to Montana to find enough to ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9RknNB9Ec

Damn, that looks fun!
Our trails haven't even opened yet around here. :(

Eurodriver
02-17-15, 09:38

How would it bore you? I'm sitting here with the windows open wearing basketball shorts and no t-shirt. There's a nice breeze, and the sun is shining.

We get our fair share of cold. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 57. But it'll be back up to 76 by Sunday. Just enough to wear a jacket and look stylish before going back to flip flops for the next 6 months.

Boring is sitting inside while the entire city is shut down due to snow and ice....and owning a bunch of different types of handguns. ;)

Ryno12
02-17-15, 09:50
How would it bore you? I'm sitting here with the windows open wearing basketball shorts and no t-shirt. There's a nice breeze, and the sun is shining.

We get our fair share of cold. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 57. But it'll be back up to 76 by Sunday. Just enough to wear a jacket and look stylish before going back to flip flops for the next 6 months.

Boring is sitting inside while the entire city is shut down due to snow and ice....and owning a bunch of different types of handguns. ;)

That's the thing, we're NOT just sitting around. There's so much to do in winter that no one should be just sitting around. Living in a climate that doesn't change much throughout the year would bore me. I need climate change. Just when I start getting sick of the heat, it's time to throw on jeans & flannel. When I get sick of that, the snow starts flying. See where that's going?

Oh, and I shoot a variety of guns in the snow &/or single digit temps, so that's a nonissue. :)

Talon167
02-17-15, 10:53

Easy to talk smack now... wait until July. ;-)

Na, but me personally I like winter. I just wish it were a little shorter. Like three months instead of five/six. I'd rather be too cold than too hot. The summers here are borderline too hot when they get into the 90s. I can't imagine being somewhere it's 100+ every day with the humidity to match. Plus, the winter gives me a reprieve from doing yard work. Sure, I have to shovel now and then, but the time I put into shoveling is probably less than 5% of what I put into doing yard maintenance around the house.

WillBrink
02-17-15, 11:43

Yup, that's one way to make winter/snow suck less for sure. Looks like fun. I tried to buy some cross country skis or snow shoes to at least give me something to do outside, and all the places I went were sold out, so I purchased a ticket to Panama. :cool:

A buddy of mine is a few hours north in NH and has snow mobiles to ride and lots of trails, but I have been too busy constantly clearing my drive way, finding places to walk the dog, removing snow dams, etc, etc to go anywhere and am too damn tired to do it anyway by then.

Hmac
02-17-15, 12:01

That would be tough if one had to bundle up inside while it was cold or snowy, or if you lived in an area where snowfall paralyzes the infrastructure. Boston would suck for that reason. Minnesota, not so much. Two feet of snow and they might start the grade schools 2 hours late. As for Florida, no thanks. Been there. The snowmobiling sucks. Maybe when I get real old, I'll feel differently about wintering in Florida/Arizona/Texas, but until that happens...no thanks. Some people like winter and don't mind the cold.

WillBrink
02-17-15, 14:18
That would be tough if one had to bundle up inside while it was cold or snowy, or if you lived in an area where snowfall paralyzes the infrastructure. Boston would suck for that reason.

It does....

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-15, 06:13
So the question begs to be asked, the guy that attacked the plow driver with his snow shovel probably did so after the plow driver threw all the snow from the street on to the dude's driveway and sidewalk after hours of shoveling. Can't say that I blame him if that is the case lol.

The_War_Wagon
02-18-15, 06:56
Pittsburgh's not so bad. I've only been here going on 13 years now, but I think last winter was worse. 2010 had more snow. So did 2003. :dirol:

Vandal
02-18-15, 08:21
Those of us in the Pacific NW are wondering where the snow is for us. I haven't even put my snow tires on this year. I'm strangely ok with a little break from waiting to get through the next snowstorm.

Big A
02-18-15, 08:27
As for Florida, no thanks. Been there. The snowmobiling sucks. Maybe when I get real old, I'll feel differently about wintering in Florida/Arizona/Texas, but until that happens...no thanks. Some people like winter and don't mind the cold.

Indeed...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10_KeyWest.jpg
http://www.funfix.com/Gallery/Images/lg_Jet-Ski--Destin-Florida.jpg
http://onthebeach.ws/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cabo-jetski3.jpg

Hmac
02-18-15, 10:19
Indeed...

I live on one of Minnesota's 15,000 lakes here in the Land of Sky Blue Waters. I have boats and Jet Skis. Jet Skis are fun...for about the first 30 minutes. The upper picture you show there....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10_KeyWest.jpg

that might seem like an attractive aspect of boating to you, but to me it doesn't hold even the slightest appeal. It's the kind of boating that we joke about up here. We do spend a lot of time on the water and enjoy skiing, surfing, tubing, wakeboarding, and hydrofoiling. Come August, it gets to be kind of boring and it's time for something different. Love the camping, hiking, and hunting in the fall. Love the skiiing and snowmobiling in the winter. It seems like it's hard for people who live in Florida to grasp the concept that not everyone wants to live there. I would MUCH rather put up with our cold temps in the winter than deal with your heat, humidity, and people in the summer, not to mention hurricanes and amoebas.

brickboy240
02-18-15, 10:47
64 degrees for a high in Houston today.

No rage...no worries.

I honestly don't know how some of you live in those places. Not only do you have to put up with the blue state headaches, the congestion and the high costs of living...but the weather is terrible. At least the Californians have decent year round weather...if you can stand the blue state nonsense there.

I applaud you all that can live in those cold places. I also wish you'd keep the others from leaving and coming here...all I see on our freeways are NY and IL plates. That worries me greatly...knowing their voting habits.

Ryno12
02-18-15, 11:13
I live on one of Minnesota's 15,000 lakes here in the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

Do you happen to drink a lot of Hamm's?

:D

Hmac
02-18-15, 12:05
Heh. Hamm's has long since left the state. Currently, Chicago is apparently now the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

Fulton Lonely Blond (http://fultonbeer.com/the-beer) is my Minnesota brew of choice. Failing that, Blue Moon is my fallback.

Hamm's Brewery in St. Paul today..... http://www.aaronasis.com/industrial-ruins/hamms-brewery

http://ssequine.net/hamms.jpg

http://ssequine.net/hamms2.jpg

Hmac
02-18-15, 12:10
64 degrees for a high in Houston today.

No rage...no worries.

I honestly don't know how some of you live in those places. Not only do you have to put up with the blue state headaches, the congestion and the high costs of living...but the weather is terrible. At least the Californians have decent year round weather...if you can stand the blue state nonsense there.

I applaud you all that can live in those cold places. I also wish you'd keep the others from leaving and coming here...all I see on our freeways are NY and IL plates. That worries me greatly...knowing their voting habits.

It's a kind of "each to their own" situation, I guess. I've been to Houston. The concept that there are people that like living in Texas has always been a puzzling phenomenon to me, but then again I'm a midwestern boy through and through.

Blue state/Red state...Texas' restrictive gun laws are one reason besides the weather to prefer blue Minnesota.

WillBrink
02-18-15, 12:48
It's a kind of "each to their own" situation, I guess. I've been to Houston. The concept that there are people that like living in Texas has always been a puzzling phenomenon to me, but then again I'm a midwestern boy through and through.

Blue state/Red state...Texas' restrictive gun laws are one reason besides the weather to prefer blue Minnesota.

Does Minnesota have less restrictive gun laws than Texas?!

Hmac
02-18-15, 13:11
Does Minnesota have less restrictive gun laws than Texas?!

Interestingly, yes it does.

In Texas:

open carry, even printing not allowed -"Concealed" means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view, or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon."
can't carry in a bar, or even a restaurant if it's alcohol sales constitute more than 51% of their sales.
can't carry in a hospital or nursing home
can't carry in a church
"No Gun" signs posted by any businesses have the force of law. You can be arrested for trespass if they find you carrying a gun. Only a Class A misdemeanor, but that's enough to keep you from getting a concealed carry permit in Texas.

WillBrink
02-18-15, 13:13
Interestingly, yes it does.

Never thought I'd hear the reason for not wanting to move to TX was due its restrictive gun laws! NY, NJ, MA, CA, etc for sure, but TX? Very interesting that.

ChaseN
02-18-15, 13:14
In Texas you can't carry:

-openly
-concealed in a location with a 30.06 sign
-any establishment that sells more than 51% alcohol (violating this one makes you a felon, even if you're just sitting down to have dinner!)
-high school, college, or pro sporting events
-college campuses

Idk why Texas has such a great reputation for gun laws. These locations are all non-issues in my state and many others.

Hmac
02-18-15, 13:32
Never thought I'd hear the reason for not wanting to move to TX was due its restrictive gun laws! NY, NJ, MA, CA, etc for sure, but TX? Very interesting that.

Not "the" reason..."a" reason. There are a few other reasons that keep it off my list of places to move to.

brickboy240
02-18-15, 15:26
This place is crowded enough....don't come to Texas....its terrible!

...spread the word!

I'd rather keep the carpet-baggers out....look what they did to CO and VA.

ChaseN
02-18-15, 15:34
What did they do to VA? Our gun laws have gotten noticeably better over the past 10 years. Unfortunately we have a dooooshbag for a governor right now, but a Republican controlled state legislature (both houses). If you look at our state history, we generally bounce back and forth between R and D governors every term or two.

I actually like Texas, at least San Antonio which is the only area I've ever visited. I just don't get why it has the reputation of being super gun friendly when the laws are just so-so.

TMS951
02-18-15, 15:35
Admittedly a brutal winter. To me the most annoying is most 2 way streets in my city are now one way from the snow banks.

I do however love winter sports and snow covered mountains on a crisp sunny day.

I also feel like the members from places like TX and FL won't be so smug come summer. Running from one AC building to the next sounds like no fun to me.

You can dress up to beat the cold, you can't take enough clothes off to beat the heat.

Best of both worlds is to be a snow bird, bit by bit I'm working on it.

brickboy240
02-18-15, 15:44
Surprisingly enough...the heat is really easy to adapt to. Every building is air conditioned down here.

Even in June and July...we go outside and bike, play tennis or whatever. Sure...you sweat...but that is good for you. Besides, there is A/C and a shower waiting afterwards. Today it is 64 degrees. I rode my mt bike all day last Saturday in shorts.

I just laugh at how some think we have California styled gun laws just because we cannot carry openly. That is just beyond silly.

ChaseN
02-18-15, 15:49
I just laugh at how some think we have California styled gun laws just because we cannot carry openly. That is just beyond silly.

Huh? Who said that? Open carry isnt all of it. The list of places you cant concealed carry is quite robust. Obviously not comparable to CA though, and I don't think anybody made that connection in this thread

Hmac
02-18-15, 16:05

I agree, it is silly. Texas has pretty restrictive gun laws compared to Minnesota and some other states, but certainly they are not "California-style".

brickboy240
02-18-15, 16:15
Hey if it takes 100 degree summers and no open carry to keep the blue-staters away...so be it.

Stay away from Texas....its terrible here!

LOL

Eurodriver
02-18-15, 16:22
We've got freeze warnings and emergency shelters opening up.

Lows are reaching 40 here Friday am.

Speaking of AC, I was blown away when I visited a girls hometown in Chicago. Her HOUSE didn't have AC!!! And her parents were pretty well off, dad was the mayor of a small village in south side suburb s. I've never seen such a thing.

No wonder people die up there like crazy when it gets to 95* for a week.

Hmac
02-18-15, 16:34
Hey if it takes 100 degree summers and no open carry to keep the blue-staters away...so be it.

Yes. Your plan is working.

MountainRaven
02-18-15, 22:46
Some snow? What a bunch of wimps.

Oh, and I know some people whose ancestors moved here from Texas. They moved down there... found out why their ancestors left pretty quick. They're not living in Texas any more. ;) The cold does an excellent job of keeping the riffraff away.

WillBrink
02-19-15, 09:09
We've got freeze warnings and emergency shelters opening up.

Lows are reaching 40 here Friday am.

LOL. 40 would be a heat wave here right now. Shelters? Ugh.

Hmac
02-19-15, 09:19
-17 F here this morning. That is chilly. Had to get out my warm coat. Looks like it may moderate for the weekend. If not, we might have to postpone the weekend barbecue party. I confess, I'm not sad that we're leaving for Maui on Monday.

Big A
02-19-15, 10:29
LOL. 40 would be a heat wave here right now. Shelters? Ugh.

It's really for all the willfully homeless. We have a bunch of people that don't really have any desire in getting a job and a place to live or participate in society in general down here. There are also quite a few car bums too.

Between 4/5p.m. you can watch them start to migrate towards the homeless shelter near the jail to get their hot & cot. It is like watching a herd of walkers from the walking dead. Except some of them will be talking on cell phones, riding bicycles or driving raggedy hoopties.

Big A
02-19-15, 10:31
-17 F here this morning. That is chilly. Had to get out my warm coat. Looks like it may moderate for the weekend. If not, we might have to postpone the weekend barbecue party. I confess, I'm not sad that we're leaving for Maui on Monday.

Yesterday I drove home with my windows down and sunroof open :cool:

Won't be doing that today though...:(

Hmac
02-19-15, 10:42
Yesterday I drove home with my windows down and sunroof open :cool:

I'll bet you won't be doing that much in August.

But I will....;)

MBtech
02-19-15, 10:44
Snow rage!?! Yea! I got some of that! I've been stuck at home four days now! It is NOT helping my paycheck!:mad:

Big A
02-19-15, 10:51
I'll bet you won't be doing that much in August.

But I will....;)

Windows no, sunroof will be though unless it is raining or I am on the interstate.

I did have to close the car up one day last week because the pollen was so thick in the air that it looked like haze about 300ft in front of you. Did wonders for my sinuses let me tell ya...:rolleyes:

WillBrink
02-19-15, 11:29
Snow rage!?! Yea! I got some of that! I've been stuck at home four days now! It is NOT helping my paycheck!:mad:

It's hurting the pay check in a micro (individual) and macro level in a big way for many. I'm lucky in that I work mostly from home as as long as electricity and 'net service holds, I'm mostly GTG. But, I have seen essentially nothing but the inside of my house for weeks on end now, and I can say it's not helping my mood to put it mildly. It has confirmed for me at least why I need to get the fu$% out of this area.

MBtech
02-19-15, 11:45
It's hurting the pay check in a micro (individual) and macro level in a big way for many. I'm lucky in that I work mostly from home as as long as electricity and 'net service holds, I'm mostly GTG. But, I have seen essentially nothing but the inside of my house for weeks on end now, and I can say it's not helping my mood to put it mildly. It has confirmed for me at least why I need to get the fu$% out of this area.

I get cabin fever VERY quickly :suicide: My mood is being helped by bourbon and beer:alcoholic:

WillBrink
02-19-15, 12:02
I get cabin fever VERY quickly :suicide: My mood is being helped by bourbon and beer:alcoholic:

I'm dealing with it by knowing I'll be on a plane to my place in Panama for a month starting next week. That's literally the only thing that's kept me from really going :jester:

Jwknutson17
02-19-15, 13:06
Moved from Minnesota to Colorado back in 1994, and still get to enjoy all the outdoor activities of winter that Minnesota gets to enjoy, but with less of the bitter cold and we get 300 days of sunshine a year here. People think Denver is such a cold snowy place. We have had barley over 30+ inches this year to date at my place. Last week was in the 70s and was splitting wood in shorts and a T. Up in Breckenridge over the weekend on the mountain, and back down to sunny weather in town, etc. Just how CO is turning into CA is the downfall. BS laws and too many of those Boulder Hippies. I do miss the lakes up in MN. Nothing beats those 3 great months of summer up north. Our family is still fortunate enough to have family on the lake up in the Fergus Falls area. CO is a hard place to beat with dry climate, the mountains, nice weather, hunting, fishing, etc. Every time I travel to the south in the summer, or up north in the winter, I realize how great the climate is here, and we still get to enjoy all 4 seasons and the activities that go with.

wildcard600
02-19-15, 15:34
Everywhere sucks to live if you dont have the time/money to enjoy what the area has to offer.

When i lived in VT it was too expensive to ski/snowboard. When i lived in TX i didnt have the time to go tothe gulf and enjoy the beaches. Now in MO/AR i dont have the time or money to do much here.

The grass is always greener as long as you dont just end up standing in a different shit pile on that side instead.

brickboy240
02-19-15, 16:05
People may whine about the heat here but in August, you just roll the windows up and crank the a/c in the truck/car. In a few minutes...you are fine...no sweating. You can drive wherever you want to go. No mobility problems. There are swimming pools and lakes to help you deal with the heat as well.

With the snow we are seeing in the NE....forget it. Bundle up like mad to go anywhere and you still have a big mess to deal with in just going to a store. I would never be able to go outside and play tennis or bike until at least late April. That would really make me crazy.

Honestly...I don't know how you all do it. When it gets 35-40 degrees here and rainy and we don't see the sun for a week or so...I get depressed and tired. I cannot imagine 4-6 months of that crap.

Hmac
02-19-15, 16:55
Honestly...I don't know how you all do it. When it gets 35-40 degrees here and rainy and we don't see the sun for a week or so...I get depressed and tired. I cannot imagine 4-6 months of that crap.

Sounds to me like you are ideally suited to being a Texan. Always good to like where you live.

drsal
02-19-15, 21:59
I love watching the snow storms in the northeast.....from the comfort of my heated pool :cool:

brickboy240
02-20-15, 10:48
Don't move to Texas!

You cannot openly carry a pistol and it is 95 degrees!

Stay away...its terrible!

Talon167
02-20-15, 12:15
-16* on my way into work this morning, according to the car's thermometer. lulz

brickboy240
02-20-15, 13:16
68 degrees here

But we have no real freedom because we cannot legally open carry a pistol.

..so stay away from terrible ol' Texas!

LOL

Leaveammoforme
02-20-15, 14:11
Delete

Ryno12
02-20-15, 14:41
68 degrees here

LOL

You openly admit that you don't want Northerners moving to TX yet you seem offended that none of us would want to move there anyway. :confused:

My dad has lived in the DFW area for over 25 years and I've visited often. Actually, the heat isn't that bad. Our 85° is usually less tolerable than your 105°. I just need my four seasons which is why I'd never live in Tejas. That and a couple of other reasons. ;)

Hmac
02-20-15, 16:36
N
68 degrees here

LOL

You keep bringing that up. Are you offended that there are no aspiring Texans in this thread? You're preaching to the choir. The lack of snow doesn't seem to be tempting anyone here to saddle up and move to Texico.

WillBrink
02-20-15, 17:34
N

You keep bringing that up. Are you offended that there are no aspiring Texans in this thread? You're preaching to the choir. The lack of snow doesn't seem to be tempting anyone here to saddle up and move to Texico.

Now that you have convinced me the gun laws in TX suck, no way! I kid Texas bros. I'm likely head to FL once back from Panama as I have more biz contacts there, approx mid way between Panama and MA, gun laws FAR better than NE, lower cost of living, better weather, etc. There's things I don't like about FL, but on the balance, hopefully a net + to my life.

RIDE
02-20-15, 17:55
50 degrees here today, but the clouds are just now starting to roll off the Rockies, the wind is blowing, and we are "supposed" to get around 15" of snow over the weekend.

I'm looking forward to it, as it will be all melted by Tuesday.

My kids are REALLY looking forward to it and praying it all comes Sunday night to cancel school. ;)

MBtech
02-20-15, 20:32
50 degrees here today, but the clouds are just now starting to roll off the Rockies, the wind is blowing, and we are "supposed" to get around 15" of snow over the weekend.

I'm looking forward to it, as it will be all melted by Tuesday.

My kids are REALLY looking forward to it and praying it all comes Sunday night to cancel school. ;)

My kids have been out of school all week and supposed to get 6-8 more inches on top. I think they are going to wear the bottom of the sled out :)

Eurodriver
03-03-15, 14:24
Took out the ski yesterday. Had some decent winds and made a nice GoPro video before dropping anchor and meeting some people at the beach.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/Untitled_zpssnekxnz5.jpg

But you guys love all 4 seasons, the snow, blah blah blah

Ryno12
03-03-15, 14:45
But you guys love all 4 seasons, the snow, blah blah blah

Says the guy with 5 G19's...

Obviously variety isn't high on your priority list. ;)

*Side note - I think jet skiing is fun for about 20 minutes. After that... yawn...

TXBK
03-03-15, 14:51
My dad has lived in the DFW area for over 25 years and I've visited often.

Hit me up the next time you come, if you want to get outdoors and/or shoot. You can open carry anything you want at my place. It's possible that you could experience all four seasons in a weekend, too.

Ryno12
03-03-15, 15:17
Hit me up the next time you come, if you want to get outdoors and/or shoot. You can open carry anything you want at my place. It's possible that you could experience all four seasons in a weekend, too.

Thanks, will do. There's actually a bunch of M4C members in that area I'd like to hook up with sometime.

My dad texted me pics of his house in TX the other day and it was covered in snow. He's spending the winter in CA anyway so I told him it'll be long gone by the time he gets home. He's worried because the furnace at his house up here took a crap a few weeks back & his pipes split. :(

Eurodriver
03-03-15, 15:33
Says the guy with 5 G19's...

Obviously variety isn't high on your priority list. ;)

*Side note - I think jet skiing is fun for about 20 minutes. After that... yawn...

Reliability > Variety.

Glock 19s are less expensive, equally reliable, and easier to fix than any other combat oriented pistol on the market. Doesn't make sense to have a Sig, HK, Walther, M&P, and a Glock when I can just own 5 Glocks. Take the leap of faith. Consolidate your platforms, training, and equipment.

Likewise, Florida's weather is reliable. Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s all winter with brief cold fronts of rain. Highs in the 90s, lows in the 80s all summer with daily afternoon thunderstorms. :D

WillBrink
03-03-15, 16:28
Reliability > Variety.

Glock 19s are less expensive, equally reliable, and easier to fix than any other combat oriented pistol on the market. Doesn't make sense to have a Sig, HK, Walther, M&P, and a Glock when I can just own 5 Glocks. Take the leap of faith. Consolidate your platforms, training, and equipment.

Likewise, Florida's weather is reliable. Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s all winter with brief cold fronts of rain. Highs in the 90s, lows in the 80s all summer with daily afternoon thunderstorms. :D

I'm FINALLY at my place in Panama and typing this pool side, where the weather is only two seasons. The rainy season and summer. Ether is far better than 4 seasons of crap in the NE. In the NE you get a few very nice weeks in the spring and fall and the rest is nasty and or unpredictable, unless you plan a cookout, where it's guaranteed to rain.

MBtech
03-03-15, 17:04
63* now and raining, 34* by morning with freezing rain turning to snow 6-10". Low Thursday -4* 2 seasons in 3 days! It's a damn roller coaster! I just can't talk my wife into moving...sigh...:(

Hmac
03-03-15, 22:41
63* now and raining, 34* by morning with freezing rain turning to snow 6-10". Low Thursday -4* 2 seasons in 3 days! It's a damn roller coaster! I just can't talk my wife into moving...sigh...:(

Sounds like Dallas.

MBtech
03-03-15, 23:11
Sounds like Dallas.

I like the seasons, and I can deal with the cold... but all in one week is just a kick in the....:fie:

MBtech
03-04-15, 18:00
SNOW RAGE! I'm sitting in stopped traffic probably a wreck because people can't drive! Normally a 45 min drive and I left work at 4:30, now 7:00 and I'm not even halfway home stopped and looking at brake lights! :suicide:

Artiz
03-04-15, 20:21
I think it's been a pretty normal winter, I live in the north east to... in CANADA! haha, I need at least 4+ meters of snowfall in a winter to be happy.

SilverBullet432
03-04-15, 22:19
Sounds like Dallas.

Screw dallas sounds like west texas.. Nice day yesterday, icing now...

Eurodriver
03-05-15, 06:17
I'm FINALLY at my place in Panama and typing this pool side, where the weather is only two seasons. The rainy season and summer. Ether is far better than 4 seasons of crap in the NE. In the NE you get a few very nice weeks in the spring and fall and the rest is nasty and or unpredictable, unless you plan a cookout, where it's guaranteed to rain.

Every time I hear you talk about Panama I think back to the movie Predator.

Couldn't do it!

duece71
03-05-15, 06:32
More like bitter cold rage for me here in Ohio.......someone call Canada and tell them we found their cold air here in Ohio and to come and get it. Thanks.

WillBrink
03-05-15, 07:32
More like bitter cold rage for me here in Ohio.......someone call Canada and tell them we found their cold air here in Ohio and to come and get it. Thanks.

I'd be in Columbus OH now for the Arnold Classic, which I have been going to as press since 97, but had no intent of leaving warm sunny Panama for OH this time.

TXBK
03-05-15, 08:43
I'd be in Columbus OH now for the Arnold Classic, which I have been going to as press since 97, but had no intent of leaving warm sunny Panama for OH this time.

A guy I work with just headed up there to the Arnold Classic.

WillBrink
03-05-15, 09:32
Every time I hear you talk about Panama I think back to the movie Predator.

Couldn't do it!

I have yet to see him in pool, gym, or sauna in the condo building. I think he's at the Casino down the street with all the pretty girls (we here rumors if this tall ugly SOB with dreads hanging at the casino) before heading back into the jungle to take human trophies.

WillBrink
03-05-15, 09:34
A guy I work with just headed up there to the Arnold Classic.

I always enjoy the show and have many friends there, etc. As press, I can get into all the shows and so forth. But, still not motivated enough to leave pool side in Panama. Here's my vid from last Arnold Classic taken at the expo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHqBxVpYuE

MBtech
03-06-15, 18:26
Snow shoveling gets heated :lol:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/snow-shoveling-gets-heated-n317271

Eurodriver
03-06-15, 23:08
Florida has neighbor disputes like that too, but they are usually confined to trailer parks.

MountainRaven
03-07-15, 01:06
Florida has neighbor disputes like that too, but they are usually confined to trailer parks.

Really? Why would you use a snow blower in Florida?

:jester:

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-15, 00:29
Screw dallas sounds like west texas.. Nice day yesterday, icing now...

Yesterday it hit 87 at my place, two weeks ago the morning my son was born we had the largest snow fall in sixty eight years. Full moon looked beautiful on seven inches of the white stuff as the wife and headed out to the hospital at 05:00. Gotta love TX weather . . .