PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 Glock 17 - value?

FlyingHunter
02-18-15, 18:33
Greetings all - I have a Glock 17, Generation 1. It was a very early model that included the rear sight which extended over the back of the slide (was recalled for a free sight "upgrade") but I kept it all original. It was my first Glock, bought it brand new and did not see much use. I'm guessing 1986ish purchase. My question, do these early Glocks have any value beyond traditional used Glock values? I searched Gunboker and other sites with mixed results - I appreciate everyone's feedback.

If these are appreciating and growing in value, I may keep it. If its standard used Glock value, I see a new Gen 4 FDE G19 in my future.

Thanks

ST911
02-18-15, 19:02
The gen1 G17 value is comparable to other gen2 and gen3 used G17s, unless someone is looking for one. Or particular serial number alphas.

FlyingHunter
02-18-15, 19:16
Thanks for the feedback.

mayonaise
02-18-15, 23:46
I have one from May 1986. Mint condition no signs of having been fired other than factory test firing. With original mags, loader and Tupperware. I wouldn't take less than $800.

Sent from Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-19-15, 07:12
I have one from May 1986. Mint condition no signs of having been fired other than factory test firing. With original mags, loader and Tupperware. I wouldn't take less than $800.
Sent from Tapatalk

And I wouldn't give you more than $500.

Like Skintop said (I believe he just sold a Gen1 in the EE) any excess value is only determined by people who have sentimental interest in it.

VLODPG
02-19-15, 07:56
The 1st & 2nd gen pre 1994 guns have value for those of us here in CT who want to shoot suppressed.( can't have threaded barrels on post 94 guns

I would love to find one to replace my early 2nd Gen 17

mayonaise
02-19-15, 08:06

Like Skintop said (I believe he just sold a Gen1 in the EE) any excess value is only determined by people who have sentimental interest in it.

Mine is an AR 99%. Brand new in the box complete. As with anything it's what someone is willing to pay. I'd laugh at $500.

What's funny is that I have a much rarer Glock than that.

Sent from Tapatalk

opmike
02-19-15, 16:28

I'll give you $525 for it.

Flankenstein
02-19-15, 16:34

x2...

Eurodriver
02-19-15, 17:37

Sent from Tapatalk

What is it? I don't want this to turn into a pissing match at all, so don't assume I say this with negative tones.

Personally, I can get Glocks all day long at $500 and your Gen 1 does nothing (less, actually) than a Gen 3 can do so I wouldn't pay a premium for it. I had no idea things like VLODPG existed, so in that case it would make sense however.

RHINOWSO
02-19-15, 20:28
I've got some like new tupperware bowls from 1986, only used them to store leftover spaghetti once, but I scrubbed it real hard to keep it from staining.

I'm thinking $9.99 for the set?

RHINOWSO
02-19-15, 20:29

Love the attention seeking post - but I'll bite, whatcha got (yes I'd actually like to know, but I'm not dying to know or anything)

;)

mayonaise
02-23-15, 08:03
G30 RTF2 Dark Earth with dark earth mags. One of two made.

Sent from Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-23-15, 08:42
I'll give you $550 for it.

Ed L.
02-23-15, 11:53
If you don't want it, list it on gunbroker starting at $600. There are people who would be excited about buying a first gen Glock 17.

mayonaise
02-24-15, 08:57
I'll give you $550 for it.

I dare you to find the other one. There were also two 30SF models made. One is out there in public. But you'd have to pony up for that one also.

Sam
02-24-15, 10:49
What is it? I don't want this to turn into a pissing match at all, so don't assume I say this with negative tones.

Personally, I can get Glocks all day long at $500 and your Gen 1 does nothing (less, actually) than a Gen 3 can do so I wouldn't pay a premium for it. I had no idea things like VLODPG existed, so in that case it would make sense however.

I know about his rare collection of glocks. I can't tell you because I'm afraid of the ninja assassins carrying swords smeared with tiger's blood coming to visit me in the middle of the night. Just trust him that he's got some rare specimen.