PDA

View Full Version : 1911 .22 lr conversions...which one?

mike240
07-05-08, 23:38
Marvel, Ceiner, Advantage Arms...

Boris
07-06-08, 00:06
I went Kimber for my Kimber Classic Custom Target and I've never been dissatisfied. Accurate, comparably priced, and no wait from my local shop. Currently, I'm trying to ween it off the high-vel stuff in hopes I can run 36 gr Federal (Wally World) .22 LR fodder reliably.

I have only used an AA on a Glock and it was sweet. As for the Marvel vs Ceiner, I'd personally opt for Marvel from what I've heard about their product vs what I experienced from Ceiner during my initial inquiries. Marvel may require 12 - 16 week wait, though.

I hope this helps.

-B

panzerr
07-06-08, 00:56
I had a kimber 22 conversion kit as well....it was a nice kit, but I didn't like the fact that the slide did not lock open with the last round so I sold it.

Does anyone know of a 1911 22 conversion kit that does lock the slide back on the last round??

BobM
07-06-08, 12:04
The Advantage Arms kits and I believe the Tactical Solutions kits hold the slide open after the last round.

panzerr
07-06-08, 19:09
The Advantage Arms kits and I believe the Tactical Solutions kits hold the slide open after the last round.

Thanks, I'll have to look into them.

TAZ
07-06-08, 23:10
Dont have any experience with the AA kits, but having had both a Cenier and a Marvel I wouldnt hesitate to spend cash on a Marvel again. The Cenier was OK, but the Marvel never missed a beat, even with Wally-world bulk packs. The Marvel was also dead nuts accurate.

HeadHunter
07-07-08, 09:08
I have a unit I bought from Wilson several years ago, which I believe is a Ciener. It runs fine and I have shot it a lot with many different types of ammo. I used it for the .22 division in the local Steel Challenge matches and found it more than accurate for that.

Rinspeed
07-07-08, 13:52
I don't own either one but from everything I've read the Marvel is the unit to have.

panzerr
12-04-08, 07:41
I have a unit I bought from Wilson several years ago, which I believe is a Ciener. It runs fine and I have shot it a lot with many different types of ammo. I used it for the .22 division in the local Steel Challenge matches and found it more than accurate for that.

Does the wilson .22 conversion kit lock the slide back on the last round?

HeadHunter
12-04-08, 12:40
Does the wilson .22 conversion kit lock the slide back on the last round?
No, it does not.