PDA

View Full Version : Arc'teryx in DFW?

TXBK
02-21-15, 07:15
What retail stores in DFW carry clothing and gear by Arc'teryx, North Face, Mountain Hardware, etc? There are a few REI locations, mainly Southlake, that are local enough for me to make the trip, but what are some others (ski and outdoor shops)?

I am mainly looking to put my hands on and test the fit of Arc'teryx jackets and pants. I have not gained enough from reading on the internet. I need to physically see and feel the differences between the different models.

Turnkey11
02-21-15, 12:55
Backwoods in Fort Worth carries Arc'teryx.

TXBK
02-21-15, 13:40
Backwoods in Fort Worth carries Arc'teryx.

I appreciate it. I didn't know that was there, and it is about as close as Southlake.

I didn't even think to look on Arcteryx.com (http://arcteryx.com/Home.aspx?language=EN) to find a store (http://arcteryx.com/Find-A-Store.aspx?language=EN&country=US&state=TX).
There would be all of them.:) The LEAF website shows that Quantico in Killeen and Spring Guns & Ammo in Spring are the only two stores in Texas that carry Leaf. Does anyone know of another store that carries LEAF?

I would still like to know if there are any good outdoor shops in the Metroplex that carry other brands, other than the shops listed that carry Arc'teryx.

Turnkey11
02-22-15, 00:25
You could also try GST in Grand Prairie, its a LE supply store but may have something along the lines youre after.

That Guy v2.0
02-22-15, 21:40
Try Whole Earth Provision Company near 75 and Mockingbird. They have all the brands you mention. They will not have LEAF however.

Vendetta
02-23-15, 06:44
Backwoods, REI, and Whole Earth are about it. No one in the area carries LEAF because it's a fairly small market. Most cops aren't going to pay those kinds of prices unless they're outdoor guys. They're going to go to places like GT and buy the awesome 5.11 stuff. Most of the other places like Snow & Ski or whatever it's called will carry Patagonia and Marmot, but the majority of them will only carry North Face, which I refuse to own anything of.

I'm partial towards Backwoods, even though it's a drive for me, but they bought out the store back home I love.

TXBK
02-23-15, 07:09
Thank you, Vendetta. I purchase 99% of my outdoor gear online without laying eyes or hands on it until I receive it. I do pretty well at researching my purchases beforehand to avoid most issues related to making purchases based upon internet descriptions and pictures and reviews by others. It is time for me to upgrade my gear in several areas and also begin to outfit my wife, so I need to change my approach. I don't care for sending items back.

BigBoss0311
02-23-15, 14:54
st bernard sports has the best selection I've found.

TXBK
02-23-15, 14:57
st bernard sports has the best selection I've found.

Plano or Dallas?

BigBoss0311
02-23-15, 15:01
off lovers. i want to say I got a percent off for bringing in a used article of clothing to donate.

kihnspiracy
02-23-15, 23:55
After being able to actually handle some Arteryx clothing at an REI, I ended up purchasing an Alpha SV jacket from www.moontrail.com. All I can say is wow. Extremely durable and worth the money. Whatever Arcteyx item you choose, you will be happy with it.

TXBK
02-24-15, 16:28
After being able to actually handle some Arteryx clothing at an REI, I ended up purchasing an Alpha SV jacket from www.moontrail.com. All I can say is wow. Extremely durable and worth the money. Whatever Arcteyx item you choose, you will be happy with it.

Thanks for the link. It will give me another place to check prices.

hotrodder636
02-24-15, 16:44
You can also look into Moosejaw.com, they have a sale in progress on Arc'teryx gear. Great gear, when i buy, I never look back.

http://www.us-elitegear.com also has a sale for Arc'teryx right now for LEAF products.