PDA

View Full Version : CMMG

aalmcc4
07-06-08, 08:56
How's the quality of CMMGs? Complete rifles and/or parts. They put out a configuration that I actually wanted to build, which saves me a lot of work.

Do they only sell to distributors or will they send rifles to any FFL?

30russkie
07-06-08, 09:43
anytime you ask a question on this board--" is brand such and such any good"
your going to get some opinions that cover the whole range from junk to gold. and there are going to be those that will only recommend the most expensive option as the only option. so good luck!@

i haven't bought a CMMG rifle but i have built a number of m4's from their kits. all i can say is that for me they turned out well. i thought the quality was good for their cost. none of them had any problems with a multitude of ammo brands and weights. they were from good to very good on the MOA right out of the box. by building though i covered all the little areas that can be a problem if the weapon isn't assembled right. if you buy a rifle rather than build --who knows what extractor spring is in there? don't know about the staking as i stake my own. so YMMV.

my CMMG's did have the 1 in 9inch twist with chrome bores if your running real heavy ammo you might want a 1 in 8 or the 1 in 7 on the twist rate.

i think the CMMG is sort of a middle of the road deal -very good for what it is.

Seth Harness
07-06-08, 15:00
For what its worth, I check out a CMMG Piston upper on Friday. Pretty nice I didnt take to long checking it out as I had other business to tend to with the shop owner. He had CMMG piston uppers and DI uppers, both were very nice.

:) My2cents:)

telecustom
07-06-08, 21:46
I'm running a CMMG upper and so far it has worked great with both 55 Winchester and 62gr 'work ammo'.

No matter who you get a weapon from, before you fire it you need to go over it completely. Check all the trouble spots. I'm sure someone will come along and list all the locations and what to check. Good luck.

Bimmer
07-14-08, 14:54
How's the quality of CMMGs? Complete rifles and/or parts. They put out a configuration that I actually wanted to build, which saves me a lot of work.

Do they only sell to distributors or will they send rifles to any FFL?

Just my 2¢, but after quite a bit of research, I've ordered a CMMG... they'll send to FFLs, but you'll get a better price from AIM Surplus or Evil-Black-Rifles.com or other dealers.
There seem to have been some problems with CMMG's customer service recently (look at arf.com), but rarely any complaints about the quality of their product.

My 2¢,

Ben

markm
07-14-08, 14:57
can of worms
anytime you ask a question on this board--" is brand such and such any good"

It's a can that's been openned a million times already too. :rolleyes:

skyugo
07-14-08, 21:45
i have one. it's good! :)

nice options for the $$$...

that said.. my next rifle will probably be some kind of noveske/vltor/LMT hybrid :o

28_days
07-14-08, 21:47
Just my 2¢, but after quite a bit of research, I've ordered a CMMG... they'll send to FFLs, but you'll get a better price from AIM Surplus or Evil-Black-Rifles.com or other dealers.
There seem to have been some problems with CMMG's customer service recently (look at arf.com), but rarely any complaints about the quality of their product.

My 2¢,

Ben

Ditto here. I'm not sure how long it will take to arrive (most likely forever), but it should be worth the wait.