PDA

View Full Version : Al-Shabaab threatens malls in Canada, UK, U.S. in new video

Amp Mangum
02-22-15, 07:48
U.S. officials said they're aware of the threats and urged mall shoppers to be vigilant.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/21/us/al-shabaab-calls-for-mall-attacks/index.html

Sensei
02-22-15, 08:21
Sounds like it's time to deploy our ninja to combat this threat...

docsherm
02-22-15, 10:31
I am not copy concerned at all.. I have seen the fine men and woman that are the Mall Security Force in the US.... :jester:

We are doomed....... ;)

Amp Mangum
02-22-15, 11:03
Malls should just post "No Guns Allowed" signs at the entrances to prevent an attack.

ST911
02-22-15, 11:33
Malls should just post "No Guns Allowed" signs at the entrances to prevent an attack.

Guess Al Shabaab needs to take MOA off the list.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/Mall%20Signs/MOACCWSign.jpg

jpmuscle
02-22-15, 11:34
Silly Minnesotans .....

Amp Mangum
02-22-15, 11:36
Threat neutralized!

docsherm
02-22-15, 11:37

At least they are safe....... ..

3 AE
02-22-15, 12:27
The sign doesn't go far enough. It should read:

"MOA declares this sanctuary a terrorist(s), explosive(s), & gun(s) free zone for your protection. Enjoy your shopping experience and have a nice day." :laugh:

Hmac
02-22-15, 12:44
All Minnesota businesses have the option of posting such "no gun" signs but the signs don't have the force of law. If one ignores those signs and carries in the MOA anyway, and they somehow discover that you're carrying, the most that they can do is ask you to leave. I rarely go in that crazy place, but when I do, I carry a gun.

T2C
02-22-15, 14:06

That will definitely stop them. Great strategy.

Plumber237
02-22-15, 16:43
FYI Mall of America no longer posts signs banning firearms, they took them down after the giant Reebok sale/"urban youth" riot that happened a few years ago.

ForTehNguyen
02-22-15, 17:08
FYI Mall of America no longer posts signs banning firearms, they took them down after the giant Reebok sale/"urban youth" riot that happened a few years ago.

going to need a belt fed for this one

Renegade
02-22-15, 17:44
Gecko45 was ahead of his time.

3 AE
02-22-15, 18:05
Gecko45 was ahead of his time.

NO! Dear God. NO! Not the Gecko! :lol:

jmoore
02-22-15, 18:31

Yep - that's what our mall did. Haven't been there since.
john

Hmac
02-22-15, 20:08
Yep - that's what our mall did. Haven't been there since.
john

I shop where I want to shop, I couldn't care less what they post. Personally, I just ignore such signs, Mall of America included.

polydeuces
02-22-15, 20:44
Yeah, but it's best to not share that with the world....:cool:

AKDoug
02-22-15, 21:45
I'm illiterate and can't read... wait? what? I don't go to malls. I've successfully raised two daughters that think the mall is worse than going to the dentist. I think that may be my greatest contribution to mankind at this point.

Hmac
02-22-15, 22:02
Yeah, but it's best to not share that with the world....:cool:

Nah...it doesn't matter. No penalty for ignoring the signs.

AKDoug
02-23-15, 01:47
Nah...it doesn't matter. No penalty for ignoring the signs.

Here either. The worst they can do is ask you to leave if they see your firearm.

Moose-Knuckle
02-23-15, 05:49
U.S. officials said they're aware of the threats and urged mall shoppers to be vigilant.

I surmise these Al-Shabaab clowns will try to blend in with every other group of young gang bangers that most mall goer's avoid like the plague. Great piece of subterfuge there . . .

OH58D
02-23-15, 08:07
I am surprised this hasn't already been done. It doesn't even have to be a Mall; what about a Wal-Mart on a payday weekend? It could be 10 different suicide bombers each in a major city wearing vests filled with nails and other shrapnel. All of these are detonated at the same time, in an area around the checkouts for maximum casualties. Wal-Mart security is lax, usually some old timer at the front doors so this would be easy to get in and do. It would be done in colder weather so the heavy clothing the terrorist is wearing would not call attention.

I am guessing that this has already been considered by top Intel people, but this sort of evil act has been something I've always been wary of.

jaydoc1
02-23-15, 08:13
HBO has a great live footage documentary on the Westgate shopping center terrorist attack. It was fish in a barrel. It took very few terrorists to kill a LOT of shoppers. There is a discussion thread on here about it and how it's only a matter of time before it happens here.

jpmuscle
02-23-15, 08:35
I am surprised this hasn't already been done. It doesn't even have to be a Mall; what about a Wal-Mart on a payday weekend? It could be 10 different suicide bombers each in a major city wearing vests filled with nails and other shrapnel. All of these are detonated at the same time, in an area around the checkouts for maximum casualties. Wal-Mart security is lax, usually some old timer at the front doors so this would be easy to get in and do. It would be done in colder weather so the heavy clothing the terrorist is wearing would not call attention.

I am guessing that this has already been considered by top Intel people, but this sort of evil act has been something I've always been wary of.
And the kicker is not one damn thing can be done to really stop it. Even after all the billions spent on homeland security the sheeple still can't come to terms with that IMO.

uffdaphil
02-23-15, 08:46
I've done some business with the head of security for the MOA. He seemed very competent - combat vet who has a rehearsed action plan with LEOs for a terr event. I live almost next door, but hate going into the monstrosity.

My iPad background pic:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/image.jpg1_5.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/image.jpg1_5.jpg.html)

Can't remember the photographer. He uses real people with digital backgrounds. I bought another print of urban female snipers. Not your typical Rambo shots.

ralph
02-23-15, 09:12
And the kicker is not one damn thing can be done to really stop it. Even after all the billions spent on homeland security the sheeple still can't come to terms with that IMO.

And they never will either..you've got at least 2 generations of kids who were taught that the police, gov't were here to protect them, and that they cannot possibly defend themselves..They've literally been brainwashed. When something does happen they'll be the first to wring their hands and shriek "Why did this happen." Not wanting to admit that their policys are a failure, The Gov't of course will step in with a whole host of gun/magazine bans, and make it more difficult for those of us who take our own protection seriously. The only real way to stop this sort of thing from happening is to encourage people to learn that:
A. The police can't be everywhere at once, and there's a a good possibility when the SHTF the cops won't be there..
B. Go buy a gun, and get some proper training and learn how to use it.
C. Carry the damn thing, "no weapons allowed" signs be damned...

WillBrink
02-23-15, 09:20

And they will add more un trained un armed mall cops and maybe more cameras to catch the carnage on vid for those great news rating and "how could this happen?" comments. Target a place large numbers of people congregate that posts signs telling you they are un armed (unless ignoring the signs) and essentially no legit defense or security. Nut job/terrorists wet dream target.

eodinert
02-23-15, 09:36
I suspect news of this threat being released has more to do with DHS budget money being stalled in congress than an actual threat.

docsherm
02-23-15, 09:38
I suspect news of this threat being released has more to do with DHS budget money being stalled in congress than an actual threat.

They would not do that........:rolleyes:

TAZ
02-23-15, 09:41

Follow the money!!!!!

Hmac
02-23-15, 09:45

Bingo!

brickboy240
02-23-15, 11:10
Do you NEED another reason to stay out of a shopping mall?

Caeser25
02-23-15, 16:10

Extortion in the private sector.

MountainRaven
02-23-15, 17:56

I think the more frightening possibility - not in that it especially scares me, but that the results will be more terrifying for people in general - would be a similar targeting of Wal-Marts or malls in smaller towns. Most folks in small town America don't think that they will be victims of a terrorist attack. An attack on Hailey, ID, Lebanon, NH, Los Alamos, NM, and/or Northfield, MN (all chosen from Livability's list of 10 Best Small Towns) even if it produces relatively few casualties would likely have a much greater impact on America and Americans than another attack on New York City, or one on Denver or Los Angeles, even if far greater casualties would be produced, particularly if the attacks occur every hour or two in multiple small and medium cities over the course of four-to-six hours, with followup attacks occurring within a couple days or weeks. Or even having a relatively small number of such attacks occur over a period of about a month.

&c., &c., &c.

Averageman
02-23-15, 18:09
I think the more frightening possibility - not in that it especially scares me, but that the results will be more terrifying for people in general - would be a similar targeting of Wal-Marts or malls in smaller towns. Most folks in small town America don't think that they will be victims of a terrorist attack. An attack on Hailey, ID, Lebanon, NH, Los Alamos, NM, and/or Northfield, MN (all chosen from Livability's list of 10 Best Small Towns) even if it produces relatively few casualties would likely have a much greater impact on America and Americans than another attack on New York City, or one on Denver or Los Angeles, even if far greater casualties would be produced, particularly if the attacks occur every hour or two in multiple small and medium cities over the course of four-to-six hours, with followup attacks occurring within a couple days or weeks. Or even having a relatively small number of such attacks occur over a period of about a month.

&c., &c., &c.

I think the last time some Yahoo's tried to terrorize the folks in Northfield MN it didn't end too well for them. I would imagine a better target would be a smaller town in a State famous for being a near state wide "Gun Free Zone", New Jersey or a suburb in DC perhaps?

FlyingHunter
02-23-15, 18:41
If the bad guys try any mall shenanigans - here's hoping an M4C member will highlight the importance of our individual 2nd amendment rights by showing him the way to Allah via his CCW before he ever gets a shot off.

Amp Mangum
02-23-15, 18:46
Some common sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_14PgltlNU

RIDE
02-23-15, 18:53

PHEW!!!!!! Thank goodness they got the signs up before the attacks started... that was close!!!!

MountainRaven
02-23-15, 19:38
I think the last time some Yahoo's tried to terrorize the folks in Northfield MN it didn't end too well for them. I would imagine a better target would be a smaller town in a State famous for being a near state wide "Gun Free Zone", New Jersey or a suburb in DC perhaps?

No, it didn't. But Frank and Jesse weren't practitioners of suicide bombing, either.

HD1911
02-23-15, 19:52
Some common sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_14PgltlNU

This almost gives me Hope...

OH58D
02-23-15, 20:03

&c., &c., &c.
Even more of a reason to keep these "people" out of this Country. I say racially, religiously profile the Hell out of Muslims. I know this probably isn't very popular, but until non-violent Muslims in the United States start turning in their violent, jihadi friends, relatives and acquaintances, then they all get lumped into one big category. If you want to be an American, then start acting like a patriotic member of OUR society.

HD1911
02-23-15, 20:05
Even more of a reason to keep these "people" out of this Country. I say racially, religiously profile the Hell out of Muslims. I know this probably isn't very popular, but until non-violent Muslims in the United States start turning in their violent, jihadi friends, relatives and acquaintances, then they all get lumped into one big category. If you want to be an American, then start acting like a patriotic member of OUR society.

No doubt.

HD1911
02-23-15, 20:06

&c., &c., &c.

Maybe then this will lead to the Patriot Act - Mod 1.

Never let a good crisis goto waste... especially when you help engineer it in the first place.

jpmuscle
02-23-15, 20:16
I'm all for profiling. Your name is Mohammed Ahmed bin laden? Yea were gonna look a little harder at you..

But no, they'll blame whitey and constitutionalists instead.

RIDE
02-23-15, 20:48
I'm all for profiling. Your name is Mohammed Ahmed bin laden? Yea were gonna look a little harder at you..

But no, they'll blame whitey and constitutionalists instead.

You DO realize there are white folks out there buying multiple DOZENS of rounds of ammo AND abide by the dictates of the U.S. Constitution right????

Surely they are up to no good.

jpmuscle
02-23-15, 23:05
You DO realize there are white folks out there buying multiple DOZENS of rounds of ammo AND abide by the dictates of the U.S. Constitution right????

No anonymous burner phone for you!

OH58D
02-24-15, 08:09

How about multiple THOUSANDS of rounds of ammo.....? Now where to put it all.

Moose-Knuckle
02-24-15, 08:24

This is why we as a country are a lost cause, we are not willing to do what needs to be done in the name of political correctness. Just how does it benefit this nation letting a bunch of Somali refugees in? Just this past week our guys had to arrest a group of them after they got drunk and raised all kinds of hell at a local hookah lounge. They hate the Middle Eastern owners, then scream racist obscenities at the white LEOs all the while claiming to be victims of racism and telling us how much they hate this country. The adage "Love it or leave it" bears to mind. Essentially a bunch of 02 thieves from one of this planet's worst cesspools become our problem to deal with now. You can't make this s**t up.

Eurodriver
02-24-15, 09:17
This is why we as a country are a lost cause, we are not willing to do what needs to be done in the name of political correctness. Just how does it benefit this nation letting a bunch of Somali refugees in? Just this past week our guys had to arrest a group of them after they got drunk and raised all kinds of hell at a local hookah lounge. They hate the Middle Eastern owners, then scream racist obscenities at the white LEOs all the while claiming to be victims of racism and telling us how much they hate this country. The adage "Love it or leave it" bears to mind. Essentially a bunch of 02 thieves from one of this planet's worst cesspools become our problem to deal with now. You can't make this s**t up.

I've never understood this either, but don't resign it to third world immigrants.

Can't tell you how often (I really can't, it's more than 2x a day) I meet northerners during the winter months that do nothing but complain about (insert anything political/climate/culture wise here) Florida.

Bitch, if you hate it so much why are you here? Take your fat kids and drive your minivan back up to Michigan, Iowa, or whatever Podunk Midwestern town you came from if it's done so much better there.

VooDoo6Actual
02-24-15, 23:32
The Stupid it burns still.

The APOGEE of stupidity.

Sheeple, it's what's for dinner.