PDA

View Full Version : 6920 Upgrades

mrosamilia
07-06-08, 12:56
Hey guys,

I am picking up a new 6920 after a few weeks of work on locating one on Tue. I am new so I will apologize ahead of time for my ignorance. How difficult is it to install a quad rail and remove the carrying handle so that I can add an Aimpoint and light? I have a Noveske N4 light with Vis on order but was told that I will not see it until maybe Aug or Sept. I am mechanically inclined to a point.

Any help would be appreciated:(

Warrior
07-06-08, 13:04
The carry handle is very easy, you wont have a problem just unscrew the thumb screws and presto. Quad rails are also a fairly simple operation, look around and find one you like and I'll be happy to help you with install directions or questions.

mrosamilia
07-06-08, 13:11
The carry handle is very easy, you wont have a problem just unscrew the thumb screws and presto. Quad rails are also a fairly simple operation, look around and find one you like and I'll be happy to help you with install directions or questions.

Thanks Warrior I appreciate it. You may end up with some photos and questions Tue or Wed:p Thanks again

Dave L.
07-06-08, 13:27
Ya, dump the carry handle...and sell it on Ebay for $200.
This is not really needed, but I put Chrome Silicone Recoil Springs in mine because I'm not a fan of the "boing boing" noise stock springs make. They also last longer and are more resistant to rust.
http://www.larue.com/

Regarding the free float rail, get a Daniel Defense Omega Rail and call it a day. It takes 5 minutes to install and is rock solid.

The last thing, you may want to replace the grip with either a Magpul MIAD or a Tango Down Battle Grip. Most people hat A2 grips- but try'em before you buy'em.

mrosamilia
07-08-08, 07:19
Ya, dump the carry handle...and sell it on Ebay for $200.
This is not really needed, but I put Chrome Silicone Recoil Springs in mine because I'm not a fan of the "boing boing" noise stock springs make. They also last longer and are more resistant to rust.
http://www.larue.com/

Regarding the free float rail, get a Daniel Defense Omega Rail and call it a day. It takes 5 minutes to install and is rock solid.

The last thing, you may want to replace the grip with either a Magpul MIAD or a Tango Down Battle Grip. Most people hat A2 grips- but try'em before you buy'em.

Should I get the Omega 7 or the Omega 9?? I will be mounting a Daniel Defense flashlight mount and a vertical grip. I will also be mounting an Aimpoint. Any suggestions on these Items??:confused:

RD62
07-08-08, 07:27
Omega 7, the 9 is for midlength gas system rifles. The 7 is for standard carbine systems like your Colt.

-RD62

Warrior
07-08-08, 16:38
Should I get the Omega 7 or the Omega 9?? I will be mounting a Daniel Defense flashlight mount and a vertical grip. I will also be mounting an Aimpoint. Any suggestions on these Items??:confused:

Check out the surefire x300 light, it's small lightweight and very powerful. The Omega 7 is a very easy rail to install and is rock solid. As far as aimpoints go the T-1 is very lightweight and has a small profile also its your typical great aimpoint product. That would be my choice for a dot sight.

mrosamilia
07-08-08, 20:55
Thanks fellas I just got in the door with it and it came as advertised. I actually decided to trade one of my Glock 45's so that I can pick up the last one that my dealer was able to get. Still sealed in box in plastic baggie, and box had Colt Blue label. My question is I don't see that it says 6920 anywhere on the gun itself?? Just your standard Law Enforcement only stuff Serial # and Colt logo any help as to what to look for to make sure it is what the box says??

jackinfl
07-08-08, 21:07
left side of the lower receiver should say Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine....

mrosamilia
07-08-08, 21:16
left side of the lower receiver should say Colt's Law Enforcement Carbine....

Thanks I appreciate the help.:D

GaryG
07-09-08, 09:04
Yea, when I first got my 6921 (same as your 6920, just a shorter barrel), I was new to ARs and spent a lot of time looking all over it for the "6921" model designation. Thought I'd been ripped off, until I did some research.