PDA

View Full Version : Current CA Knife Laws?

Ironman8
02-23-15, 08:34
Hey gents,

I have a trip coming up to CA and since I can't carry my handgun, I was thinking about bringing a knife (for concealed use) of some kind. From what I've read, fixed blades are out, so it's down to a folder. Ive tried finding the info myself, but I'm not the best at reading legal jargon and I'm not sure what is current law regarding folders and concealment thereof. I've got a Benchmade mini-Presidio with a 2.97" blade. It's non-spring loaded but does lock back. Am I in the clear?

rero360
02-23-15, 11:31
CA knife laws are even more screwy than their gun laws, as each municipality (City/County) has their own laws in regards to knives. With that said, a traditional sized folder in your pocket shouldn't give you any problems, while I don't know the P.C. for where I am 100%, I'm not concerned about daily carrying my SOG Trident. With that knife, I'd say you should be GTG in about 99% of areas of the state. (minus gov't buildings and other traditionally restricted AOs)

texasgunhand
02-23-15, 13:11
Wait and buy a cheap knife there,should be legal just go to a local wallworld,the shouldnt be selling illegal knives there,just toss it in the trash before your flight home.

SkiDevil
02-24-15, 00:07
You should be fine, except for the usual restricted places like schools, Post Office, Airport, etc.

Link:http://zknives.com/knives/articles/law/caknifelaws.shtml