PDA

View Full Version : brownells backlog..jesus

texasgunhand
02-23-15, 11:48
If you need anything from brownells right now,I would wait,ive been waiting on a return for 13 days and they havent even found it yet, first they lost my order,then i get the wrong part. Now iam stuck.

Thank god for tracking numbers or i wouldnt even know if they got it back,everytime i call i get told first 10 days now 14 on returns. I could have drove from TX and picked it out and up and drove back home by now, midwest has shipped me 3 orders since they got that one back.. Never again.

markm
02-23-15, 11:54
The last two orders I placed with Brownells took 3-5 business days to ship. There were no panics under way either. Used to be same day ship with those guys.

texasgunhand
02-23-15, 12:01
Iam waiting on a return its going on 12 busn. days they havnt even found it yet. They rec. it on the 6th cant even tell me if they have got it back. If it wasnt for the tracking number i wouldnt know either.

signal4l
02-23-15, 16:27
There definitely has been a decline in the quality of their service lately. I have been ordering from them for a couple decades and I've never received the wrong part. They just sent me the wrong set of sights. I've waited several weeks for a refund and haven't heard anything

Palmguy
02-23-15, 16:40
Shipping isn't quick and it's also damn expensive for small lightweight parts. Small Priority Mail flat rate boxes are about $6 to send but they charge $16 for Priority, and $8 for "7-10 Business Days Economy Shipping".

Don't use them as much as I used to.

l8apex
02-23-15, 16:57
Ordered a mount that they only had in stock, paid priority shipping and it was sent 5 day. Only reason why I ordered was because they had that part and no one else did. Too bad, they were the go to place not too long ago.

texasgunhand
02-23-15, 18:48
Exactly,plus the 7 bucks to ship it back.

HD1911
02-23-15, 19:53
agreed... they used to be on the ball... I don't even really consider them anymore.

BIGUGLY
02-24-15, 15:18
Just so everyone knows they are currently moving inventory to a newer and bigger location. They built another warehouse and shipping center. Lately if you order you get a bright yellow reminder on you shopping cart page that states they might not be able to get items shipped the same day since they are moving inventory and setting up another location. Its not real far from where they are currently. Montezuma to Grinnell. Should be nice when they are done.

ST911
02-24-15, 22:17
Just ordered a few dozen rifle mags, and sent a note to CS with a particular question and request. The shipment and return correspondence was a little slower than usual but consistent with what I'd expect given their move. I've also had several orders over the past few months. All shipped quick with USPS priority mail option.

Consistent with site rules, if you're having a problem with a vendor report and attempt to resolve it with them first. Thereafter, feedback and even criticism with foundation is fine. A stream of "yup, things are going downhill" doesn't seem useful without more info.

Iraqgunz
02-25-15, 02:34
I am guessing that those who are bitching have at least seen the emails and the announcements on their website about the relocation, right?

Averageman
02-25-15, 08:16
I've never, ever had an issue with Brownells and they have always gotten my stuff to me in a timely manner.
I ordered some parts in December for a shotgun I was working on and got them during the Holiday season in 4 working days with free shipping.
I dunno, maybe the move is FUBARing the system now, but Brownells has been good to me.

ColtSeavers
02-25-15, 10:47
I've never, ever had an issue with Brownells and they have always gotten my stuff to me in a timely manner.
I ordered some parts in December for a shotgun I was working on and got them during the Holiday season in 4 working days with free shipping.
I dunno, maybe the move is FUBARing the system now, but Brownells has been good to me.

Agreed completely. Have never had a problem with Brownell's. Moving can be a pain and I am more than happy to cut them slack for it based upon their years of fantastic service.

Caeser25
02-25-15, 11:43
agreed... they used to be on the ball... I don't even really consider them anymore.

All advertising, no employees.

cougar_guy04
02-26-15, 19:13
Think the only issue I've had recently has been my last order was shipped to a PO Box . . . and they shipped it via UPS. Luckily UPS caught it and rerouted the package to my house.

texasgunhand
02-27-15, 15:07
Just an update,as of the 26th i finally got someone to help,and theve shipped out the right part.(i hope)
But in 14 busn. days they still havent found my return that they got back on the 6th. I think they just shipped the part out in hopes of finding my return and fixing the inventory problem later.

I have also ordered from brownells for years and havent had a problem,but if you cant find a return in 20 days or theres that many returns,,relocating or not, maybe they should stop taking in orders till they get in a little bit better shape. Its easy to take your customers for granted,but theres to many companies out there online to order from who want your money.

Waiting weeks for a refund as one poster posted is unacceptable to me, just an email saying their trying is going a long ways , but just being told we will get to it when we get to it , or find it, is not helping it just pisses people off and they remember it.