PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding special A2 Buttstock

eperk
02-23-15, 18:07
Does anyone know if they make an A2 Buttstock that utilizes the existing M4 buffer tube,spring and buffer? Seems like somebody out there would make one so you wouldn't have to change everything out. Any help would be appreciated.

advntrjnky
02-23-15, 19:30
I would imagine the closest you'll find is the Magpul FCS (fixed carbine stock). You could add the thicker buttpad for more LOP.

Advntrjnky

markm
02-23-15, 19:59
Why on God's green Earth would you want such nonsense?

immanuelrx
02-23-15, 20:40
I was wondering the same thing too. For what reason would you want to do such a thing? Are you just used to the feel of an A2 buttstock or do you want it for a specific purpose?

556BlackRifle
02-23-15, 20:42
Are you trying to save some money or is there a reason that you need that?

556BlackRifle
02-23-15, 20:43
Why on God's green Earth would you want such nonsense?

+2 I was thinking the same exact thing.

eperk
02-23-15, 20:47
Mark, why not? It seems to be the easiest way to convert the M4.

Uprange41
02-23-15, 21:36
No reason for you to not just do it the proper way.

That said, is there a reason why you want the A2? It works just fine, but there are some better stock solutions out there for most roles. If you just want the look of the A2, then that's different.

vicious_cb
02-23-15, 22:02
Mark, why not? It seems to be the easiest way to convert the M4.

You get the worst of both worlds, the long non-adj. stock without the benefit of the rifle length buffer system.

cd228
02-24-15, 06:14
VLTOR used to offer a fixed mod stock.

eperk
02-24-15, 06:24
No reason for you to not just do it the proper way.

That said, is there a reason why you want the A2? It works just fine, but there are some better stock solutions out there for most roles. If you just want the look of the A2, then that's different.

There is a reason. I can't seem to find a way to get a good cheek weld and get my scope far enough forward without straining. I have long arms and need to fully extend my Sopmod stock. At the same time if my stock is fully extended, my scope ocular has to be moved about three inches behind the receiver for it to be comfortable. My brother has an A2 stock on one of his and it seems to solve the problem. I hope that makes sense.

Benito
02-24-15, 06:46
There is a reason. I can't seem to find a way to get a good cheek weld and get my scope far enough forward without straining. I have long arms and need to fully extend my Sopmod stock. At the same time if my stock is fully extended, my scope ocular has to be moved about three inches behind the receiver for it to be comfortable. My brother has an A2 stock on one of his and it seems to solve the problem. I hope that makes sense.

If going with an A2 stock, why not just run a rifle length tube?
If you need to be able to collapse the stock occasionally, wouldn't pretty much any adjustable stock be as long, if not longer than the A2 when fully extended?

Perhaps I am missing something. I am going on no sleep over here.

MistWolf
02-24-15, 06:57
I'm using a MagPul Fixed Length Carbine Stock with a home made spacer and will be installing a thicker butt pad on my precision AR
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Build/spacer%20002_zpsmcw23pfe.jpg

It works good on the Big Smith
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Liberty%20Belle/PBS03_zps6851b498.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Liberty%20Belle/BigSmith_zps55ded4a7.jpg

BrigandTwoFour
02-24-15, 09:46
If you need to be able to collapse the stock occasionally, wouldn't pretty much any adjustable stock be as long, if not longer than the A2 when fully extended?

Perhaps I am missing something. I am going on no sleep over here.

Agree completely.

OP, perhaps it's an experience thing, realize that there is a significant engineering and function difference between the carbine buffer and a full length rifle buffer. If you want to use the A2 stock, then you really should just swap out the entire buffer system to a rifle tube/spring/buffer. Honestly, it doesn't cost that much, it's not difficult at all, and you will be much happier for doing so.

Clint
02-24-15, 10:30
Good advice already given here.

Does anyone know if they make an A2 Buttstock that utilizes the existing M4 buffer tube,spring and buffer? Seems like somebody out there would make one so you wouldn't have to change everything out. Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to use the A2 stock, then you really should just swap out the entire buffer system to a rifle tube/spring/buffer. Honestly, it doesn't cost that much, it's not difficult at all, and you will be much happier for doing so.