PDA

View Full Version : X Concealment Holster - Hard to believe this...

FlyingHunter
02-23-15, 19:30
Like many people, I have a box of quality holsters in the never ending search for the best choice for me. About 5 years ago, I found a X Concealment holster, Series C, OWB kydex holster like this: http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=190&zenid=56754ee76c5b3cab2f3080588f03c79d

It has been ideal for me as it was the perfect blend of range ready and concealable for CCW. This holster saw plenty of use in my roles as a NRA instructor, active USPSA & 3 Gun competitor, CCW, and always on me at the farm duty. Well the Kydex finally gave up the ghost and while getting out of my truck this weekend, I heard an audible crack and felt the holster shift. It cracked just above the belt loop - all the way thru rendering the holster inoperable. So I start looking over new holster options including getting another X Concealment as I figured I got my monies worth and then some over the 5 years of hard use. On a whim, I emailed the same day (on a Saturday) and gave them a brief description of the cracked holster expecting to never hear a response. Here's where it's hard to believe - within hours I get an email reply, asking for a pic, thanking me for being a customer, sorry for the inconvenience and within a few email exchanges they insist on sending me a new replacement holster for free. Quoting them " Because its the right thing to do". That's an amazing level of customer service any day of the week, much less a weekend. In todays world, people that both stand behind their product and exceed customer expectations is rare. Kudo's to X Concealment - I'm a customer for life.

cctroupe11
02-23-15, 20:09
That's the kind of customer service that should be expected. An end user shouldn't have to jump through hoops to convince the company they're not lying about how or why the product failed, whether it's for a free replacement or not. When I find a good company that backs their product and/or and customers, I stick with them.

Take Danner boots for example. I ordered a pair when I was in Afghanistan, received the wrong size. When I emailed them about it, they asked what size I needed, shipped them to me, and told me to give the wrong sized pair to someone in my unit that wore that size. And that's why to this day, I wear Danner boots.

jpmuscle
02-23-15, 20:13
X Concealment is one of my favorite kydex companies. I have never
had a bad experience with them over the years and their c model is a fantastic ccw holster. I just hope they expand the model availability a bit.

Up1911fan
02-23-15, 22:14
That holster, along with the Fricke Gideon Elite are my favorite OWB holsters. X-Concealment mag pouches are my favorite as well (i've gone so far as to send them mag's for models they don't offer to get pouches made).

FlyingHunter
02-25-15, 17:44
That holster, along with the Fricke Gideon Elite are my favorite OWB holsters. X-Concealment mag pouches are my favorite as well (i've gone so far as to send them mag's for models they don't offer to get pouches made).

I haven't tried one of the Fricke holsters - they were on my shortlist before X-Concealment won me over, again.