PDA

View Full Version : Dillon RT 1500 ???

ace4059
02-24-15, 22:13
I am looking at the Dillon RT 1500 trimmer for trimming, or should I say making, 300 blk brass.

I have the 1200 trimmer and the GSI trimming kit (2 step process), but I am tired of having to run the brass through the rough trim die, then run it again through the finishing trim die. I am mainly tired of the setup time and adjusting the trimmer. I understand it will shorten the life of the 1200 trimmer if I do it in one step trimming plus I am tired of switching the trimmer between my .223 trim die and setting it to the correct trim length. I usually trim around 1000 rds at a time, and I like to have it setup and slide the toolhead on and verify its to length and start trimming.

So I want a new trimmer. I was wanting to know if I get the 1500 trimmer, then can I just use the finishing trim die (GSI) or will I need the Dillon trim die and tool head to make it a one step process. Through all the google searching I havent found an answer to this question. I called dillon today and the guy was trying to sell me the entire kit, and he really didnt know if it would work with the GSI tool head and GSI trim die.

ace4059
02-26-15, 13:19
I called gsi and the tech said even with the rt 1500 trimmer I would have to have a two step process when trimming with gsi dies.
Dillon said theirs is only a one step so I ordered the Dillon setup. Guess I'll see how that works.