PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 2022 vs Glock17

Eliminite
02-27-15, 13:38
Looking to purchase a handgun, within my price range, are the two in the title.

Sig Sauer 2022 vs Glock17

input?

Rowland_P
02-27-15, 14:02
Had a 2022. Still have my G17 Gen 4. The 2022 is a nice gun. Mine was reliable, light, and extremely accurate. Maybe things have changed, but finding holsters used to be tough, and magazines were more expensive. I'd go with the G17.

WickedWillis
02-27-15, 14:14
Both are fantastic for the price. I love me some Sigs. but magazines and accessories are much more expensive than the Glock stuff is. I would trust either with my life, but the G17 is just a better platform to build off of.

brickboy240
02-27-15, 14:16
No brainer.

Glock 17 all the way.

ShipWreck
02-27-15, 14:23
Well, #1 choice is - do you want a DA/SA or a trigger like a Glock (every shot the same, and lighter than the DA on the Sig).

I've had many Glocks over the years, and tons of various makes and models of handguns. I personally like DA/SA guns at this point in my life.

I did have a Sig Pro last year - there were some very low prices last summer at some of the online places. Gun was fine. I ended up selling it to pay for another purchase I wanted. I personally like the SIg Pro over a G17, but that trigger style is my preference.

Both are good guns. You must decide what kind of gun you want.

125 mph
02-27-15, 14:34
Those are two very different guns. Have you shot either of them yet?

ChaseN
02-27-15, 16:05
I have both. They're both great guns but it comes down to which trigger yout prefer. I'm issued a p229 for work so I've chosen to focus on DA/SA for now, but keep my glocks around in case I ever switch agencies or my agency adopts a striker fired pistol. FWIW I haven't had any issues finding accessories for my sp2022/tlr1 combo. There are plenty of kydex manufacturers making holsters and mec-gar makes some affordable, widely available magazines.

If I could choose between the two, I would choose the glock, but that's just because I prefer the trigger. Nothing against the SP2022, it just comes down to whatever you shoot best. I bought my 2022 from palmetto state armory and it came with siglite night sights, two magazines, and a hard case for $349.99. IMO that's an unbeatable deal.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 17:07
This shouldnt effect my decision so much,

but the sig is coming with laser and two extra mags,
with an additional holster.

I do not know the exact names.

I will respond one by one, at work and a little busy so give me a minute to reply to all you guys.

Thanks for the feedback btw.

WickedWillis
02-27-15, 17:17
This shouldnt effect my decision so much,

but the sig is coming with laser and two extra mags,
with an additional holster.

I do not know the exact names.

I will respond one by one, at work and a little busy so give me a minute to reply to all you guys.

Thanks for the feedback btw.

So what are the prices being asked for each?

Maiden3.16
02-27-15, 17:46
Like others have said you cant go wrong either way. However, I have had both and no longer have the 2022. I prefer the glock trigger like others and you have much more options to improve the glock trigger than 2022. Anything from a cheap trigger connector for $20 or go all out with a $150 drop in trigger. But if you are someone that prefers Sig style weapons with the DA/SA (and it is a really good da/sa trigger) then go with that. If you are someone that like to tinker with your guns and prefer striker fired go with the Glock.

ritepath
02-27-15, 18:26
No brainer CZ p-09.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 18:30
At the shop I am going to it is coming with a very nice holster, and a laser.
I really fell in love with how it felt in my hand.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 18:31
G17

SS2022
(comes with holster and laser)

ChaseN
02-27-15, 18:34
Unless that laser you're talking about is actually an X400 that's waaayyyyy overpriced.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 18:39
So I dont know if I am answering everyone's responses

But I listed the prices for them right above this post.

I live in California, I am right out of college at the age of 23, so there are two problems.

The prices for them are what they are, and I do like the G17 more than I used to. It seems like every gun shop across the USA carries accessories and know the ins and outs on them. So not only are they reliable but everyone who knows how to shoot can be a mechanic if I come into problems.
The Sig though struck me down, it was light comfortable easy to carry (not as good as g17), I did really like the trigger pull on the sig and from what I've heard they will be banning sig all together in CA. Or atleast that was the whisper around the shop.

Holstering for either isn't going to be a problem for me, I am starting up a knife company and I've got a kydex vacuuming thingmachineshop.

From what you guys are saying everyone is leaning toward the glock, I am wondering if anyone has any opinion on a .40 glock with a 9mm conversion kit.
I am personally not a fan of how it sounds but then again I've never fired/dealt with anything like it.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 18:43
Unless that laser you're talking about is actually an X400 that's waaayyyyy overpriced.

Are you familiar with any lasers that come with the 2022 from Sig?
I am stopping by the shop tomorrow so I'll find out exactly what it comes with but I'll do some digging on the internet as well.
How do you feel about lasers in general?
I dont think theyre worth the money usually

ChaseN
02-27-15, 18:43
Gotcha, just keep in mind that $800 is more like all metal classic P-series prices, and over twice what I paid for mine brand new 3 months ago.

Personally I would skip the .40/9mm conversion if you plan to use it in 9mm for defensive purposes.

Edit: I've never had a use for a visible laser personally, and I think that you'd be paying alot of money for nothing If you don't plan to use it. I'm not familiar with any particular laser that may commonly come with a 2022.

Maiden3.16
02-27-15, 18:45

x400 that is way too much for the sig. They are selling for under $450 many places with night sights.

Maiden3.16
02-27-15, 18:49
Check the classifieds on calguns.net you can find the 2022 for under $400.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 18:50
yeah, if I was in law enforcement or some sort of domestic policing I would want the sig, but it sounds like I'd be spending too much money on something I dont need
conversion kit I am thinking too much can go wrong.

WickedWillis
02-27-15, 18:52
To put this in perspective, I bought a Sig P226 TacPac on Tuesday for $650, and that is a far nicer handgun than the 2022.

Eliminite
02-27-15, 19:01
:laugh:

ANYWAY!

WHOSE GOT A DANIEL DEFENSE??????

AND HOW DO THEY LIKE THEM?

Eliminite
02-27-15, 19:02
To put this in perspective, I bought a Sig P226 TacPac on Tuesday for $650, and that is a far nicer handgun than the 2022.

sounds like they're trying to give me some boo boo

ChaseN
02-27-15, 22:52
:laugh:

ANYWAY!

WHOSE GOT A DANIEL DEFENSE??????

AND HOW DO THEY LIKE THEM?

Everybody here sold their Daniel Defenses. My two are pure junk-I'll make you a great deal :D

Seriously - have you tried a search? There's plenty on here about DD. They are a highly respected brand.

Toecheese
02-27-15, 23:09
I flicked the Glock booger years ago after the dreaded Gen 4 extractor/brass to the face debacle....2022 fde 9 mm is my beater and its been nothing but a runner. SA trigger is crisp and consistent, and there are kydex holsters everywhere (bravo concealment, forrest city etc.). I always get a kick out of Sig vs Glock threads.....

Beat Trash
02-28-15, 09:14
These two guns are different enough in how they function that it's rather difficult for strangers to recommend between the two. Kind of like asking which vehicle should you buy, a car or a pickup truck. Without further information as to your needs, it's kind of hard to answer.

The prices you were quoted is rather high for both guns though.

IF you like a DA/SA pistol, then the Sig 2022 is a under rated pistol that has a lot to offer. I've seen them sell on line for as low as $350 NIB.

Some people will downplay the fact that the Glock 17 is so popular and that parts and accessories are so prevalent. But the fact that it is used as a defensive tool by so many organizations in the LE, Military and civilian world is what is known in the LE community as, "A Clue".

I would strongly suggest you try to shoot one of each of these guns before you buy. Then buy which ever one shoots the best for you.

I would also shop around. It sounds like your gun store is trying to screw you over with those prices.

Toecheese
02-28-15, 10:20
These two guns are different enough in how they function that it's rather difficult for strangers to recommend between the two. Kind of like asking which vehicle should you buy, a car or a pickup truck. Without further information as to your needs, it's kind of hard to answer.

IF you like a DA/SA pistol, then the Sig 2022 is a under rated pistol that has a lot to offer. I've seen them sell on line for as low as $350 NIB.

Some people will downplay the fact that the Glock 17 is so popular and that parts and accessories are so prevalent. But the fact that it is used as a defensive tool by so many organizations in the LE, Military and civilian world is what is known in the LE community as, "A Clue".

I would strongly suggest you try to shoot one of each of these guns before you buy. Then buy which ever one shoots the best for you.

I would also shop around. It sounds like your gun store is trying to screw you over with those prices.

Very cogent advice!

Vandal
02-28-15, 13:47
If you really like the Sigs I would be looking at the P320 and compare *that* to the Glock 17.

Eliminite
02-28-15, 14:06

They're known for screwing over customers.
I work as a graphic designer for a printing company and my boss licenses people for concealed carry in my county and several other nearby county's, the reason I would like to shop at this store is because he recommended him, (there area also a few other factors)
I do have a few other handguns and many shotguns but they've all been handed down to me.
I am an avid hunter and this will be the first gun I am actually buying, I will be using this handgun for EDC and personal defense.

9mm for me is the only round I plan on shooting for a few years.

I have been flip flopping between the two and do plan on going to shoot them both tomorrow so we'll see how that goes and I'll take it from there.

Beat Trash
02-28-15, 15:07
If you plan on carrying this pistol every day, do yourself a favor and try to also shoot a Glock 19.

Eliminite
02-28-15, 17:54
If you plan on carrying this pistol every day, do yourself a favor and try to also shoot a Glock 19.

Thinner?

Vandal
02-28-15, 19:06
Same width, slightly shorter barrel and grip. Most find it easier to conceal while still being very shootable.

Eliminite
02-28-15, 19:54
Is that what you carry?
Or just a suggestion?

Business_Casual
02-28-15, 20:47
Is that what you carry?
Or just a suggestion?

Quite a few people carry a 19. It is big enough to shoot well and small enough to hide under a loose shirt. You can use 17 mags in it too. There's nothing wrong with the 17, it is just a tad harder to conceal.

JMO.

Beat Trash
03-01-15, 00:12
Is that what you carry?
Or just a suggestion?

Both...

Vandal
03-01-15, 01:01
I carry a Glock 21 at work. It's a very large piece of hand artillery but a great gun.

My Glock 19 is my off-work carry and a suggestion. I've had several different carry pistols, I keep coming back to the Glock 19. It is like the Colt 6920 for concealed carry.