PDA

View Full Version : arisaka keymod

skt4271
02-27-15, 20:49
Anyone use one of these keymods? I'd like to use it and also get one for my pictinny if they made it.

I want a short simple vert for consistent hand placement. The other one I was considering was the gear sector stubby vert grip.

themonk
02-27-15, 21:37
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?161946-Arisaka-light-mounts-and-accessories

Sasahara
02-28-15, 13:43
Anyone use one of these keymods? I'd like to use it and also get one for my pictinny if they made it.

I want a short simple vert for consistent hand placement. The other one I was considering was the gear sector stubby vert grip.

Also, AFAIK there are no plans to develop items for picatinny rails. You might want to check with Slippers himself though.

Slippers
02-28-15, 14:17
We are working on some Picatinny accessories, but they'll be different designs than our current products. Some things don't make sense to go from KeyMod to Picatinny due to the width of the existing part. It would look strange, or add too much bulk.

skt4271
03-03-15, 18:15
I mine in today for my key, it feels sooo good. Damn wish you did make it for my dd risii rail. I actually think that if I mill out 4 picatinny and use the existing hole on the rail, it might work. I'll have to also drill two the other two anti rotation holes.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/skt4271/Mobile%20Uploads/20150303_185110_zpszuejwxig.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/skt4271/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150303_185110_zpszuejwxig.jpg.html)

drdremel
03-03-15, 20:37
Their stuff looks good. But I was really hoping to open this thread and find a bolt action rifle all tricked out!

skt4271
03-03-15, 20:43
Their stuff looks good. But I was really hoping to open this thread and find a bolt action rifle all tricked out!
Sorry, just a ko-BALT & a rifle

jpmuscle
03-03-15, 20:50
We are working on some Picatinny accessories, but they'll be different designs than our current products. Some things don't make sense to go from KeyMod to Picatinny due to the width of the existing part. It would look strange, or add too much bulk.

Maybe something that fits in between the pic rail slots? Idk.. thinking out loud lol.

jpmuscle
03-03-15, 20:51
I mine in today for my key, it feels sooo good. Damn wish you did make it for my dd risii rail. I actually think that if I mill out 4 picatinny and use the existing hole on the rail, it might work. I'll have to also drill two the other two anti rotation holes.

Please don't do that to a RIS II :p

skt4271
03-03-15, 20:55
IWC has something similar, but it's more a blade then pin. I like the roundness, feels more natural. But, if all else fails, I guess I'll go with the blade.

Slippers
03-03-15, 22:13
Maybe something that fits in between the pic rail slots? Idk.. thinking out loud lol.

This is exactly what we're working on. :)

jpmuscle
03-03-15, 22:32
Oh my.

78Staff
03-16-15, 01:36
Arisaka came up in my keymod light mount search, unfortunately I was looking for solution for mounting an X300U, not a round light, which would be a keymod to pictanny config of some sort. Arisaka is not offering this at this time, which I kinda understand as it's a limited use market really - and BCM and IWS already offer one (as well as DD's 1 oclock mount, typically used for RDS but could probably be used for an X300 or Inforce type as well). For now I've decided to just keep it at 12 oclock with a EXO mount, but may pick up the IWS mount to experiment with... but if Arisaka decides to bring one to market I'll be very interested, based on their other products.

Slippers
03-16-15, 06:07
Arisaka came up in my keymod light mount search, unfortunately I was looking for solution for mounting an X300U, not a round light, which would be a keymod to pictanny config of some sort. Arisaka is not offering this at this time, which I kinda understand as it's a limited use market really - and BCM and IWS already offer one (as well as DD's 1 oclock mount, typically used for RDS but could probably be used for an X300 or Inforce type as well). For now I've decided to just keep it at 12 oclock with a EXO mount, but may pick up the IWS mount to experiment with... but if Arisaka decides to bring one to market I'll be very interested, based on their other products.

We're going to offer an inexpensive Picatinny rail that will fit on our offset scout mount. You'll be able to slide it left - right in the 4 positions on the mount so you can tuck an x300 or inforce wml up against the top rail.