PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd Texas...?

THCDDM4
03-03-15, 23:11
Going to shepherd Texas to pick up a puppy.

Seems like a very small town, can't find any useful info.

What's the closest bigger city or decent sized town that will have a good hotel (dog friendly) and restaurant?

Thanks in advance!

philcam
03-03-15, 23:41
That is a heck of a drive from Colorado!

Your not too far from the Houston suburbs. Cleveland or Livingston will both have what you need. FYI - All La Quinta Inns are pet friendly. Only problem is, some La Quintas rank in the Motel 6 category and some in the Hampton Inn / Holiday Inn Express category. Best to check photos on their website.

Niland
03-04-15, 02:46
Be sure to swing by Tallent Sausage. Not but a few miles off your path, and worth the detour. I always lay in a supply on my way from Houston back to Caņon City, CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THCDDM4
03-04-15, 10:55
That is a heck of a drive from Colorado!

Your not too far from the Houston suburbs. Cleveland or Livingston will both have what you need. FYI - All La Quinta Inns are pet friendly. Only problem is, some La Quintas rank in the Motel 6 category and some in the Hampton Inn / Holiday Inn Express category. Best to check photos on their website.

It is a good drive, just under 16 hours. Found the puppy we want so the drive is worth it.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out Cleveland and Livingston.

THCDDM4
03-04-15, 10:57
Be sure to swing by Tallent Sausage. Not but a few miles off your path, and worth the detour. I always lay in a supply on my way from Houston back to Caņon City, CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation; we'll have to check it out.

Niland
03-04-15, 21:14
Safe travels and great to hear you found a new family member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomD
03-04-15, 22:06
Lived in TX all my 70 years and never heard of it! But there are many like that. Good luck to you.

SeriousStudent
03-04-15, 22:44
Indeed, congrats on the newest family member.

And I'll just leave this here: http://www.tourism-tools.com/texasbbq/Welcome.html