PDA

View Full Version : Magazine ban repeal SB-15-175

THCDDM4
03-04-15, 11:03
Come down to the senate judiciary committee room #271 on Monday March 9th to voice your opinion on the magazine ban repeal bill.

Address:
200 E. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80203

Please contact these two morons and urge them to get their heads out of their asses and get on board with the repeal bill:

> Rep. Joe Salazar, 303-866-2918
joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us.

> Rep. Dianne Primavera, 303-866-4667
dianne.primavera.house@state.co.us.

Please contact them and urge them to vote in favor of the mag ban repeal.

Hope to see you there.

RIDE
03-04-15, 12:02
See you there. Do you have a time? 9am?

THCDDM4
03-04-15, 15:31
See you there. Do you have a time? 9am?

whoops, left that helpful bit of info out of original post, thanks for catching that.

1:30 PM

RIDE
03-04-15, 16:08
whoops, left that helpful bit of info out of original post, thanks for catching that.

1:30 PM

Waaaay better than 9am!!! I'll be there. Thank you!

Boba Fett v2
03-04-15, 16:46
See you there. A damn shame I have to waste time supporting the repeal of a stupid law that shouldn't have been passed in the first place.

mig1nc
03-07-15, 07:22
Good luck brothers. Sending prayers from the south east.

RIDE
03-07-15, 08:32

Much appreciated mig!

Co-gnARR
03-07-15, 14:24
As am I from straight south of you all.

RIDE
03-09-15, 15:20
Testimony being heard now and for the last 40 minutes or so.

Co-gnARR
03-09-15, 15:27
Eagerly awaiting reports of the general mood of the legislators. What's the timeline for their decision? Not sure how this process works. They hear public opinion, review testimony, make some closing statements and adjourn for the day? At some point I guess they announce changes (or lack there of) by introducing bills.

RIDE
03-09-15, 17:02
Update: In the middle of hearing from the opposition.

CatSnipah
03-09-15, 18:08
Good luck.

To our friends stuck behind enemy lines....

The chair is against the wall.

jpmuscle
03-09-15, 18:10
Good luck.

To our friends stuck behind enemy lines....

The chair is against the wall.
x1000. Fight the good fight.

RIDE
03-09-15, 18:15
The bill to REPEAL the ban on over 15 round magazines just PASSED the Senate.
Now for the hard work.
Getting it through the House.

.46caliber
03-09-15, 18:26
One step closer. Wish you guys the best in CO.

How many showed up to support the repeal and how many showed up to oppose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RIDE
03-09-15, 19:06
Just an absolute guess but I would say there were 35 there to support the repeal, and 15 to oppose the repeal. -ish.
What would make a giant statement here in CO that would probably echo around the country is to have a crap ton of people show up, in person, for the House phase.
I'm talking a couple thousand ...at least.

If just 10% of the CO 2A supporters actually showed up, it would absolutely overwhelm the capital capacity and all of the surrounding area.

THAT would cause change.

Co-gnARR
03-09-15, 19:11
Keep us posted. If I'm working in Denver for the house phase I will definitely show up at the capitol.

Flankenstein
03-09-15, 19:30
Ugh, what about the registration (cough, universal background check) law....?

RIDE
03-09-15, 22:13
Keep us posted. If I'm working in Denver for the house phase I will definitely show up at the capitol.

That would be awesome! Thank you.

Pipe dream, and not on this bill.

Getting the right to purchase/sell 16+ round mags in CO is going to be a tough hill to climb as is.

THCDDM4
03-09-15, 22:31

One step at a time.

Repealing the universal registration is more important in the long run, but their is more support behind repealing the mag cap limit ban.

I hope Magpul reasserts themselves into this fight; they have a lot of fans and need to publicly support and push hard for this. It is very important that we stop loosing states, especially CO. I could delve deeper, but I believe people "get it". At least I hope they do.

It is going to be tough, and WAY more people need to show up at the House of reps.

Please contact local and non local gun rights groups to pour money and time at this. It will help.

We need to inundate them with pissed off voters. Calls, emails, showing up to town hall type gatherings. All that moxy we showed during the recalls, etc. it's time to put it all out there and ****ing win one fkr the good guys already. Turn The tide and show the antis that we will no longer cave to their illegitimate , arrogant and ignorant will.

It was pathetic how many people didn't show today.

**** work, your rights are a bigger priority and a much greater obligation.

If you won't show up to defend your rights in the easiest way possible- you have already given them up...

Co-gnARR
03-09-15, 22:56
That would be awesome! Thank you.

No, sir, thank you and everyone who actually showed up for giving a d*mn about this critical issue. It's a sad state of affairs that you have to fight to restore your rights, but my faith in the American people is restored by your perseverance. This outcry against over reaching government is the core of our heritage, and I'm glad all virtue is not lost. I pray this bill passes. We need to set a precedent that tyrants like Feinstein, Bloomberg and Barry can't misunderstand.

titsonritz
04-18-16, 19:45
Colorado: Legislation to Repeal Magazine Ban Passes Senate (https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160412/colorado-legislation-to-repeal-magazine-ban-passes-senate)

Today, the Colorado Senate passed Senate Bill 113 by a 20-13 vote. SB 113 would repeal the arbitrary and misguided ban on firearm magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition. Now, SB 113 will be sent to the House where it will await a committee referral. Please contact your state Representative and politely urge them to support House Bill 113.

kerplode
04-19-16, 11:34
That's cool and all, but it'll just die in house committee on a party-line vote like all the other attempts over the last couple years.

And yeah, I've written all those useless f*cksticks over and over again. It's a total joke. They're bought and paid for and give exactly 0 shits about the wants and desires of their peasant subjects.