PDA

View Full Version : Madison, WI Police Shooting

Sensei
03-08-15, 09:47
This one is shaping up to be another Black Lives Matter fiasco.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/madison-wisconsin-cop-shoots-suspect-during-confrontation-police-n319136

The Cliff Notes version is that a mixed race youth is running round the road assaulting people. A veteran cop chases him into a building and a struggle ensues. The cop is struck in the head, draws his weapon, and kills the suspect. Bystander and black community leadership backlash is immediate. Most of the MSM is going with the gentile giant narrative (6'4" 200+ lb) despite a recent conviction for armed robbery resulting in 3 years of probation.

Voodoo_Man
03-08-15, 10:49
They are asking for peace?

Cool, don't attack people, don't rob people, don't fight cops and don't try to take their guns.

That'll be the peace you want, unless, of course, you are killed by your neighbors.

Hank6046
03-08-15, 11:02
This seems more like the Media trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, yes I'm sure there are Racist Cops out there and policies (Bloomberg), but this seems more cut and dry and the officer will probably bear the brunt of the Media witch hunt

Sensei
03-08-15, 11:07
The common theme that I'm seeing is a complete failure on the part of police leadership to take early control of the media message. The police chief should be referring to the deceased as a violent felon and emphasizing the brutal nature of the suspect's attack on the public and his officer.

Instead, the chief is allowing the family to control the message with a "hands up, don't shoot" narrative that is probably nowhere close to the truth.

Eurodriver
03-08-15, 13:10
The common theme that I'm seeing is a complete failure on the part of police leadership to take early control of the media message. The police chief should be referring to the deceased as a violent felon and emphasizing the brutal nature of the suspect's attack on the public and his officer.

More Chief Flynn's need to get out there early... Reporter asks around 1:15 why he was on his phone being "disrespectful" to the black community and his response is extremely well handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-08-15, 14:06
He is an incredibly well spoken and intelligent.

Voodoo_Man
03-08-15, 14:12
Probably posted this in another thread, that chief burned an officer for defending himself against a crazy homeless guy who attacked him and tried to take his gun.

He's no friend to LE.

Sensei
03-08-15, 14:19
I agree that Chief Flynn did a good job in that video addressing those who would turn a shooting into an indictment against the department as a whole. I have no idea if his job performance is up to par in other respects.

However, I'm talking about establishing the narrative about the suspect. This guy was a violent felon who probably should have been behind bars. When asked by the media about the suspect's criminal history, the Madison Chief refused to comment despite such history being very pertinent to the case. Instead, he chose to remain silent "out of respect for the grieving family." Meanwhile, the mother uses that silence to push a false narrative that her son was a harmless teddy bear. She has already given the MSM pictures of this guy in his high school graduation cap and gown, and pushed a story that he was planning to study business next semester.

Bottom line, people need to wake up and smell the blood. The other side is not playing by any rules of civility. We should feel no reluctance to use truth and reality when they are on our side.

Ryno12
03-08-15, 14:20
From a 2A standpoint, Chief Flynn is not a friend of ours, just so you know. Sheriff Clark...Yes. Flynn... No. He's a lib that is just getting irritated with the typical troublemakers in MKE, but he's still not on "our team".
Besides, he's got nothing to do with this Madison ordeal anyway.

Eurodriver
03-08-15, 15:15
From a 2A standpoint, Chief Flynn is not a friend of ours, just so you know. Sheriff Clark...Yes. Flynn... No. He's a lib that is just getting irritated with the typical troublemakers in MKE, but he's still not on "our team".
Besides, he's got nothing to do with this Madison ordeal anyway.

I don't give a **** about any of that.

I'm just saying, as Steyr pointed out, he did a good job in that video of handling the bullshit. We need more people not afraid to tell the truth when a microphone is stuck in their face and the race baiting questions are asked.

Ryno12
03-08-15, 16:01

I'm just saying, as Steyr pointed out, he did a good job in that video of handling the bullshit.

I must've missed what "Steyr pointed out". Did he even post in this thread?

:confused:

Eurodriver
03-08-15, 16:07
I must've missed what "Steyr pointed out". Did he even post in this thread?

:confused:

I was watching the hilllaarrioouusss ninja video Steyr posted while actually referring to what Sensei posted. My bad mang!

Ryno12
03-08-15, 16:18
I was watching the hilllaarrioouusss ninja video Steyr posted while actually referring to what Sensei posted. My bad mang!

Gotcha.

When I see "We need more Chief Flynn's out there early..." I think WTF.

While he may have done OK in that video, we certainly never want to have more Chief Flynn's.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day...

Eurodriver
03-08-15, 16:23
Understood and agreed.

We need more Sheriff Judds ;)

26 Inf
03-08-15, 20:13

I'm just saying, as Steyr pointed out, he did a good job in that video of handling the bullshit. We need more people not afraid to tell the truth when a microphone is stuck in their face and the race baiting questions are asked.

Even the line about 'high capacity auto-pistols'?

He was rolling on the 80% parallelism - he is, no doubt, sincere about wanting to improve things, but his heart is in the wrong place 2A wise, and he is too willing to sacrifice one of his own to smooth over a situation.

SeriousStudent
03-08-15, 21:23
A M4C member asked me to post this, as they wish to remain discreet.

"Under a new WI law, Officer Involved Shootings have to be investigated by an outside agency. In this case, the State's Department of Criminal Investigation is doing the work. The chief was probably advised to defer the releasing of incident related details to DCI. "

I just thought that might add a little more data to the discussion.

wildcard600
03-09-15, 07:06
There is obviously a large scale mental illness problem at work if people seriously believe that jst becase a person is "unarmed" they should be allowed to go around attacking people without fear of someone responding to that attack with deadly force.

Eurodriver
03-09-15, 07:37
There is obviously a large scale mental illness problem at work if people seriously believe that jst becase a person is "unarmed" they should be allowed to go around attacking people without fear of someone responding to that attack with deadly force.

No. People seriously believe despite a person being armed you still shouldn't respond to that attack with deadly force.

Where's the video of the mom saying "Why'd you have to shoot ma boy?? He was just tryin' to rob you!!"

signal4l
03-09-15, 12:55

Instead, the chief is allowing the family to control the message with a "hands up, don't shoot" narrative that is probably nowhere close to the truth.

I agree completely. Very well said, Sensei.

TAZ
03-09-15, 13:43
How does someone get 3 yrs probation for armed robbery????

Averageman
03-09-15, 15:41
Thug fights Cop, Cop shoots thug dead.
So, black lives matter; I agree, but then so does personal behavior. If you want to play junior criminal, don't be surprised when you cross the line and end up getting shot.

glocktogo
03-09-15, 15:54
How does someone get 3 yrs probation for armed robbery????

Usually with a song and dance about growing up poor, deprived, fatherless and a victim of institutional racism. :(

jaxman7
03-09-15, 16:19
Thug fights Cop, Cop shoots thug dead.
So, black lives matter; I agree.....

"Black lives only matter to the media and this administration when they're killed by whites/white cops"...and that's paraphrasing a black father whose son was just murdered. I watched an interview the other day with this same father and it infuriates me you won't see his son's story on the national news. All because his son (who seemed to be a pretty upstanding kid) wasn't shot by a white guy but an illegal:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/25/father-of-black-teenager-murdered-by-illegal-alien-asks-do-black-lives-really-matter/

-Jax

Averageman
03-09-15, 18:25
"Black lives only matter to the media and this administration when they're killed by whites/white cops"...and that's paraphrasing a black father whose son was just murdered. I watched an interview the other day with this same father and it infuriates me you won't see his son's story on the national news. All because his son (who seemed to be a pretty upstanding kid) wasn't shot by a white guy but an illegal:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/25/father-of-black-teenager-murdered-by-illegal-alien-asks-do-black-lives-really-matter/

-Jax

I totally agree.
No one stands up for those who ignore a failed culture and work hard to find success only to be killed by a thug. Black lives matter, white lives matter, lrts face it; all lives matter, but to a great degree it is about doing the right thing with your life and moving forward despite what gets thrown at you.
Celebrating thug life, single parenting and the FSA is where it went off of the tracks. Making an excuse for this kid is just a way to push the agenda, no one will speak out for his victims.

Voodoo_Man
03-09-15, 19:43
Failure on the part of police leadership?

Ask any LEO what the biggest issue is in their PD, it wont be policy, equipment, etc. Itll be the top brass. Ball less, paperpushing, politicians who were either desk jockies their entire careers and never did anything or were either a street cop for as short as possible then became a boss. Thats just for starters.

But I totally understand how blaming the braas isnt something that will fix or prevent this specific situation. It does however point a huge spotlight on the big issue in LE.

SteyrAUG
03-09-15, 22:45
BLACK LIVES MATTER!...and black people should be allowed to attack people (including cops) cross the lethal force threshold and when things begin to go badly should be allowed to peacefully surrender without incident.

Because that is what most idiots consider equality. You know, the "equal right" to attack people without consequence.

SteyrAUG
03-09-15, 22:49

The police chief is pandering and probably very well aware of the fact that he can't win.

SteyrAUG
03-09-15, 22:53

It's called "EQUALITY" these days, even if it only applies to a special group.

jpmuscle
03-10-15, 01:37
M855 for minorities. It's only fair. Obviously...

Sensei
03-10-15, 12:38
A M4C member asked me to post this, as they wish to remain discreet.

"Under a new WI law, Officer Involved Shootings have to be investigated by an outside agency. In this case, the State's Department of Criminal Investigation is doing the work. The chief was probably advised to defer the releasing of incident related details to DCI. "

I just thought that might add a little more data to the discussion.

I might agree if the Chief was deferring all comment until the investigation is complete. Instead, he his going on the news and social media apologizing to the family and asking for forgiveness.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/09/madison-shooting-protests-capitol/24639291/

This type of open apology only makes things worse for the officer.

caporider
03-10-15, 13:29
I might agree if the Chief was deferring all comment until the investigation is complete. Instead, he his going on the news and social media apologizing to the family and asking for forgiveness.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/09/madison-shooting-protests-capitol/24639291/

This type of open apology only makes things worse for the officer.

I agree 100%. The chief is in complete damage control mode with no thought given to the officer involved. What a shame.

I've noticed as well that the local NPR reports are now using "mixed-race" vs "African-American" in their reporting, which lends the entire thing a "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" vibe.

Chameleox
03-10-15, 16:47
deleted.