PDA

View Full Version : Lone wolf parts are a wash for me

menizzi
03-08-15, 12:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLL5FLrTxmI

same problem but with a gen4 G19

I am thinking about just throwing the parts in the trash. Can you buy a factory guide rod with a 19lb spring? I have a Ti-rant and I am chasing #'s

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Tungsten-Recoil-Assembly-For-Gen-4-G19-and-23/productinfo/G4TG19CS/

You can select the spring weight but he only offers the 20lb spring not a 19lb spring. I will be shooting 147gr only for the most part and i fear if I get a 20lb spring I am going to get FTF or FTE alot. What do you guys think?

lonnie1120
03-09-15, 15:35
I wonder if backing out the screw would solve the issue.

t15
03-10-15, 08:44
If you're chasing numbers, you want a different host! I have been running a 22lb ISMI in a gen3 17/octane 9 with out issue. I recently took a gen3 g19 out with the ismi 20lb (heaviest i could find) and it cycled the octane perfectly using american eagle 147, this load is definitely sub sonic, but it seems pretty hot with lots of blow back. I bought a ton of the stuff and am trying to minimize the blow back and port snap. the RMR on my 17 makes a good blast shield LOL.

i had 1 FTF with the gen3 g19 ismi 20lb octane running a box of silver bear 115 which is noticeably weaker than the AE subs i was shooting. if its just for fun, i bet you could cook up a nice sub sonic load that would still cycle 99% w/ a 20lb g19.

i do not own any gen4 guns so cannot help you there.

t15
03-10-15, 08:53
http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Stainless-Steel-Recoil-Assembly-For-Gen-4-G19-23-and-32/productinfo/G4SS19CS/

Might try that guy. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think part of the deal with a dual spring is to have different spring rates at different points of compression. If that's true, to delay unlocking as long as possible you'd want the full rating of the spring starting at 0% compression. I'm not up on it though, do the gen4's unlock slower than gen3's?

The description says they're using ISMI, I will have to dig deeper to see if there really is a 24lb for the G19. I'd definitely try it if it were just a cheap replaceable spring and not a complete assembly.

TMS951
03-10-15, 09:23
I had two Lone Wolf extractors, they made zero difference. Apex did fix them.

I have a barrel that decreased accuracy, compared to a stock barrel I could push it down more when the slide was closed.

I strongly sugest not purchasing any lone wolf products.

brickboy240
03-10-15, 12:10
The ONLY jams I ever got with my 2nd gen G17 came when I got cute and thought replacing the recoil spring assembly with a Lone Wolf metal unit would do me some good.

Ended up throwing the whole thing away and ordering a stock factory recoil spring assembly and the damn thing went back to being reliable again.

Lesson learned. Want to tinker? Get a damn 1911! LOL

tonyxcom
03-10-15, 12:41
I only use Jager stainless rods in my Gen 4 game guns and have been extremely happy with them.

sidewaysil80
03-10-15, 13:51
I had a feeling they didn't produce quality products. HOWEVER, with that being said I am running their gen2 lightweight striker in my Glock 34. I was getting light strikes every now and again with the 4.5lb spring and I haven't had any since switching to their striker. I do keep an OEM firing pin assembly on hand though as I'm not too confident in their manufacturing or design. But so far it's worked as advertised.

williejc
03-17-15, 19:28
Op, most of us have experimented with Glock aftermarket parts and decided that stock parts work best. An exception is APEX stuff.

menizzi
03-17-15, 21:03
Op, most of us have experimented with Glock aftermarket parts and decided that stock parts work best. An exception is APEX stuff.

I put the lone wolf items in the trash. Kept the barrel but trashed everything else i ordered form them. Did not even feel like wasting time for a refund...Thats sad.

Roc_Kor
03-28-15, 22:28
I've got a Lone Wolf stainless threaded barrel that I popped in my then-unfired G17Gen4 and have had no problems. Ran it through a pistol class and it was reliable and accurate. This is actually the first negative thing I've heard about LW products, though all I have is their barrel and thread protector.