PDA

View Full Version : first suppresor help

jesuvuah
03-09-15, 18:02
Ok, I just had my trust made up and I am looking to make my first purchase. I run both 30 cal and 556 calibers so I was thinking of getting a 30 cal suppressor so I can run both. Right now some of the ones I am looking at, that I know I can get my hands on are the sinlencerco saker, omega, and the AAC 762 (the new version)

The AAC is the cheapest (silencershop has it on sale for 560) but it is the largest and heaviest. I have also heard mixed things on the 51t setup

THe saker is the most versatile but most expensive and comes in the middle in the weight department.

The omega is a good deal and could cover all my needs, although I am sure the saker is built better. The omega is also very new, so it is hard to get a good feel for if it is any good.

How is it doing a form 3 transfer from dealer to dealer? My dealer can get these cans but wants several hundred dollars more then what I can get them through silencershop.

Thanks for the info

223to45
03-09-15, 18:14
Form 3 transfer just takes longer. My first one was 6 weeks, the second going on 8.

If it was me I would narrow it down the Saker or Omega.

I would choose the Omega only if weight was a concern, other wise I would good Saker.

223to45
03-09-15, 18:15
The other question is how much does your dealer charge to do transfer?? Need to factor that in.

ex95B10
03-09-15, 18:46
I went with the Specwar because it was the quietest amongst the options available at the time, but it is long and heavy.
Out of the choices you've mentioned I would go with the Saker and I would buy it from the Silencershop.com.
Their prices are hard to beat and the form 3 only adds about a little over a month to your total wait time.
You'll also save on state tax unless you happen to live in Texas.

223to45
03-09-15, 18:54
You'll also save on state tax unless you happen to live in Texas.

That is not totally true. Every state is different on how they collect that.

ex95B10
03-09-15, 18:57
That is not totally true. Every state is different on how they collect that.

Well then let me rephrase it to say that if you live in Florida you will pay zero in state tax.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.

223to45
03-09-15, 18:59
Their prices are hard to beat and the form 3 only adds about a little over a month to your total wait time.

I think that depends on where you order from, some people seem to get it right through, others not so good.

First one ordered through S.S., 6 weeks, second through my dealer ( was actually cheaper then S.S.), so far 8 weeks and counting( starting to get a little pissed),

jesuvuah
03-09-15, 21:59
The dealer transfer is $100. As far as I know, I would not have to pay sales tax, never had to with any other online purchase. I know if I get the saker, the dealer is about $300 over what silencershop is. He claims he cannot get the omega. I never got an answer on the price of the aac, but I am leaning more between the saker and omega anyway. I am also thinking of getting a pistol can at the same time, and the savings between the two by buying online would almost pay for my stamps.

t15
03-10-15, 09:14
from my limited experience, the 30 caliber cans perform about as well as the 223 counter parts, assuming the 30 is longer with more volume. the omega and the saker have removable end caps and from silencerco's own testing, the 30 cal w/ 223 end cap was quieter than the dedicated 223 can. really the only thing you give up is OAL and weight.

dont forget about the gen2 surefire socoms! i have the older 762rc and it is hearing safe (in my book, 0 ear ringing) with low power stuff like wolf WPA, wolf gold, PMC bronze out of a 16" midlength. couldnt be happier! the surefire muzzle devices are awesome and have the added feature of allowing the 30 cal can on either 30 cal or 223 cal muzzle device, but will not let you put the 223 can on a 30 cal mount. i also heard the gen2's will ship with an included muzzle device at a similar price point as the gen1's.

you cant fix stupid, but ill take all the help i can get!