PDA

View Full Version : Remington Defense releasing rifles to the public

C-grunt
03-12-15, 05:05
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/12/remington-defense-products-now-available-commercially/

Remington defense is now selling their M4 variant, their piston M4 variant, the M2010, and their PSR/MSR rifles to the public.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 05:43
That website refers to the Colt 6920 as a "low end" gun

Interesting.

wildcard600
03-12-15, 07:13
That website refers to the Colt 6920 as a "low end" gun

Interesting.

Of course, why buy a junky colt when you can get something good like a DPMS ?

Straight Shooter
03-12-15, 07:59
Im DONE with Remington products..even ammo. MANY reasons, but primarily they are putting out SHIT for products n the past few years. Eight ammo recalls, that I know of...several other recalls, massive lawsuit loss over the M700 triggers...just several more things. Not to mention they moved here to AL and got millions in tax and other aid..which I was/am for...but then pay shit for wages. **** em.

MBtech
03-12-15, 08:23
Not interested in an M4 from Rem, and for the sniper rifles at the cost I'd suspect them to be at I'll go with the SCAR MK20 SSR or AI.

wildcard600
03-12-15, 08:43
Im DONE with Remington products..even ammo. MANY reasons, but primarily they are putting out SHIT for products n the past few years. Eight ammo recalls, that I know of...several other recalls, massive lawsuit loss over the M700 triggers...just several more things. Not to mention they moved here to AL and got millions in tax and other aid..which I was/am for...but then pay shit for wages. **** em.

But its for the childr...... er... shareholders.

VIP3R 237
03-12-15, 09:38
And still no RemDef ACR... :'(

nova3930
03-12-15, 09:45
just several more things. Not to mention they moved here to AL and got millions in tax and other aid..which I was/am for...but then pay shit for wages. **** em.

$15/hour with benefits is about as much as you can expect for a factory worker around here. Starting out as an engineer in this town not that long ago, I only made the equivalent of $26/hour, and that was working gov't contracting.

cbx
03-12-15, 09:55
I'm kinda disappointed I'm no remington acr.... Oh well. As for the rest, they're a little late yo the party imo.

The bolt rifles would be cool if they were at a better price point. Why not go AI or barret if your going to spend big money.

PatrioticDisorder
03-12-15, 09:56

Travis Haley ran one and wasn't impressed with it, anything Remington is a no go IMO.

Hank6046
03-12-15, 10:48

This would be the only thing I would have been interested in, Remington needs to separate from the Freedom Group or go out of business and take the Freedom Group with them

VIP3R 237
03-12-15, 11:03
Travis Haley ran one and wasn't impressed with it, anything Remington is a no go IMO.

Haley played with an early Bushmaster version which has gone through some revisions since. The RemDef model is more refined and much lighter than the Bushy model.

TAZ
03-12-15, 11:06

There are a LOT of reasons to tell Remington and FG to take a flying phuck at a rolling donut, but I'm not sure about wages. What are they paying their factory workers? Is it below fair market price for a certain job grade??

nova3930
03-12-15, 11:27
There are a LOT of reasons to tell Remington and FG to take a flying phuck at a rolling donut, but I'm not sure about wages. What are they paying their factory workers? Is it below fair market price for a certain job grade??

The line jobs are being listed at $12-$15/hour + benefits last I saw...

TAZ
03-12-15, 11:35
The line jobs are being listed at $12-$15/hour + benefits last I saw...

12-15/hr for menial labor isn't bad IMO.

Turnkey11
03-12-15, 11:54
12-15/hr for menial labor isn't bad IMO.

I could dig it after retirement, if I decide to work. Hows the employee discounts?

PatrioticDisorder
03-12-15, 13:51
Haley played with an early Bushmaster version which has gone through some revisions since. The RemDef model is more refined and much lighter than the Bushy model.

I can't find the link but I believe the interview he stated it was the Remington model was from circa 2011, I think the interview was called "missing in action", it's been a while since I read it but I distinctly remember reading Haley after being asked if it were the Bushmaster or Rem model he said it was the remington model. Basically I lost any and all interest in any ACR after that.

VIP3R 237
03-12-15, 14:28
I can't find the link but I believe the interview he stated it was the Remington model was from circa 2011, I think the interview was called "missing in action", it's been a while since I read it but I distinctly remember reading Haley after being asked if it were the Bushmaster or Rem model he said it was the remington model. Basically I lost any and all interest in any ACR after that.

Yes I read that when he was asked between the Scar and the ACR. However the new model of the RemDef ACR is the ACR-IC and it was released after the interview, while the previous versions were essentially a bushy with a select fire package installed. Hopefully if RemDef does produce the ACR for the commercial market it is the IC variant. NickB with SilencerCo owns one of the few RemDef ACR's out there and from what I understand he has been impressed with it.

Of course that not matter anyways as i'm like most being very hesitant on anything coming from Remington...

Straight Shooter
03-12-15, 16:02
YES IT IS.

Straight Shooter
03-12-15, 16:06

Yes..for THIS area it is. They wanted experienced machinists and other skilled labor for wages I made 15-20 years ago. Of course, no one was forced to work for them, but after the SWEET deal Alabama and three local counties gave them...**** THEM. AND their POS guns & ammo.

Singlestack Wonder
03-12-15, 16:55
Why would anyone really care if remington defense is releasing rifles for public sale????

nova3930
03-12-15, 18:31
Yes..for THIS area it is. They wanted experienced machinists and other skilled labor for wages I made 15-20 years ago. Of course, no one was forced to work for them, but after the SWEET deal Alabama and three local counties gave them...**** THEM. AND their POS guns & ammo.

Apparently for this area it isn't below market because they haven't had any issues filling the positions. just because you won't work at that rate doesn't mean there aren't others who will. Secondarily their agreements with the state/county call for average wages of $20/hour including engineering and management. With the going rate of engineers in this town that won't be hard to meet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

weggy
03-12-15, 19:02
Wanna buy my R-51? Actually Remington bought it back about a year ago. But you are correct. "Big Green" is circling the drain!:bad:

vicious_cb
03-12-15, 19:14
Pretty much anything the Cerberus/Freedom group touches turns to shit.

VIP3R 237
03-12-15, 19:39
Updated with pricelist.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/03/11/remington-defense-rifles-released-to-consumers/

There is no way in hell I'm going to spend that much.

MBtech
03-12-15, 20:07
Updated with pricelist.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/03/11/remington-defense-rifles-released-to-consumers/

Holy sh*t, no thanks

BBossman
03-12-15, 20:16
Yeah, but the "R4" variants come with a Plano Case...

Updated with pricelist.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

LoveAR
03-12-15, 20:16
Good for Remington. Good for the Bushmaster crowd.

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 20:22
How EMBARRASSING. $30,000 for a Remington bolt action and a Leupold Mk4???

Thirty thousand??? For a rifle?

What the hell are these guys smoking? I expected to see $10,000. But thirty? I'm completely baffled.

VIP3R 237
03-12-15, 20:38
I know right?!??! I could buy/build two if not THREE top shelf rifles with suppressors and optics for that price and i'm damn sure it would outshoot the remmy.

What the hell are these guys smoking? I expected to see $10,000. But thirty? I'm completely baffled.

Awesome name change btw ;)

LoveAR
03-12-15, 20:46
$30K for a rifle is insane.

Ryno12
03-12-15, 20:52
Awesome name change btw ;)

Yeah, seriously Euro, tell me you did not actually change your name to that. That's just a mod messing with you, right?!

Eurodriver
03-12-15, 21:05
Please see the Single stack Glock 9mm thread in the handgun forum.

Yeah, seriously Euro, tell me you did not actually change your name to that. That's just a mod messing with you, right?!

Ryno12
03-12-15, 21:11
Please see the Single stack Glock 9mm thread in the handgun forum.

Now THAT'S some funny shit!!!!!

MBtech
03-12-15, 21:16
:lol:

Koshinn
03-12-15, 21:52
What about the ACR?

Renegade
03-12-15, 22:22

$30K is to cover costs of future recalls.

Renegade
03-12-15, 22:27
86279 MSR-RH LW System, w/3 Barrels, AAC Titan-QD Suppressor
.338/27″, .300/24″, .308/20″ Flat Dark Earth w/Black Receiver, Leupold MK4 M5 Reticle, Hardigg Case, Dkit, Cleaning Kit, Wrench, Operator’s Manual $30,463

86282 MSR-RH System 338/27″, .300/24″, .308/20″, No Suppressor
.338/27″, .300/24″, .308/20″ Flat Dark Earth w/Black Receiver, Leupold MK4 M5 Reticle, Hardigg Case, Dkit, Cleaning Kit, Wrench, Operator’s Manual $22,545

Only difference between these two is the silencer, $7918!

I will sell my Titan-QD for only $5000, get it now before it goes!

TF82
03-13-15, 00:46
Even without the suppressor its $22,545! At this point that much money should be buying you majority shareholder status in that dump.

Oh wait, I didn't read that closely enough. It comes with a wrench. Sweet. Now I get it.

MorphCross
03-13-15, 02:06
Is it possible that Gear Scout got the pricing mixed up between the MSR/PSR?

CRAMBONE
03-13-15, 11:30
Hell they want four grand for that piston AR and over two for their DI gun. Whoever did their pricing has got to be on crack. I don't see them selling these.

TMS951
03-13-15, 11:40
Updated with pricelist.

Wow I guess the Remi guys are smoking the good sh!t.

Some companies deserve to die. First you with hold product from the pubic, for no same reason. Then you decide to sell them at outrageous prices?

No thanks, Reminginton has earned my dedication to not buying their product for life.

Boba Fett v2
03-14-15, 23:18
[emoji22]

SilverBullet432
03-15-15, 00:49
Yeaaaa noo.... Im sure if costa sported one, people would buy them lol. I am curious, i wonder if they will release that rail.

MorphCross
03-15-15, 03:28
This is just me, but 3300 msrp on a HK556a1 vs. 3890 msrp on the RGP that comes with bilateral controls doesn't seem as much of a stretch. I wouldn't buy it simply because I have no use for either. Th R4 enhanced will have the same bilateral lower as the RGP and will MSRP @ 2250 which is inline with the old msrp of a KAC IWS SR-15 MSRP 2207.50 from a 2013 Shooting Times article.

HKGuns
03-15-15, 06:50
This is just me, but 3300 msrp on a HK556a1 vs. 3890 msrp on the RGP that comes with bilateral controls doesn't seem as much of a stretch. I wouldn't buy it simply because I have no use for either. Th R4 enhanced will have the same bilateral lower as the RGP and will MSRP @ 2250 which is inline with the old msrp of a KAC IWS SR-15 MSRP 2207.50 from a 2013 Shooting Times article.

Sorry, but there is a Grand Canyon's difference in reputation between Remington Defense "branding" and HK. I know where my money will continue to go........

Where did Remington Defense even come from and what is their history of building Military grade weapons? It came from the marketing minds of the freedom group and jack squat is the answer to the second question. They are creating the illusion of not making their products, adopted by no-one, available to the public to generate artificial demand. This shooter isn't falling for it, although some of those bolt rifle chassis look interesting.

Arctic1
03-15-15, 07:22
Remington Defense has the contract for the M2010 for the US Army, and the PSR for US SOCOM.

As for the price difference between SKU 86279 and SKU 86282, it is not just the suppressor. See the "LW" behind the model designation.

The chassis on these guns are pretty pricey, in addition to the guns being hand built.

HKGuns
03-15-15, 07:45
I actually knew that Atctic, but thanks. Tarted up 700's (M24's) don't count! [emoji3]

MorphCross
03-15-15, 08:27
Sorry, but there is a Grand Canyon's difference in reputation between Remington Defense "branding" and HK. I know where my money will continue to go........

Where did Remington Defense even come from and what is their history of building Military grade weapons? It came from the marketing minds of the freedom group and jack squat is the answer to the second question. They are creating the illusion of not making their products, adopted by no-one, available to the public to generate artificial demand. This shooter isn't falling for it, although some of those bolt rifle chassis look interesting.

I think you are mistaking the point of my post, MSRP doesn't tell the whole story, I know that HK has built an excellent reputation for weapons manufacturing, and people took a chance on the MR556 based on that fact. Remington Defense firearms values should be determined by the product that is produced, not simply MSRP they are asking. Giving an apples to apples comparison on the feature set seems to be the fairest way to assess the pricing until the rifles end up in the hands of shooters. As I don't have a dog in this fight remaining objective isn't hard.

Boba Fett v2
03-15-15, 10:34
I just wanted a Call of Duty gun. :(

PatrioticDisorder
03-15-15, 10:39
I just wanted a Call of Duty gun. :(

And while sarcastic, there will be a few oddballs who will buy these guns just for that, I doubt very many rounds will ever be fired through them, some may never even get zeroed properly.

MountainRaven
03-15-15, 16:58
Remington Defense has the contract for the M2010 for the US Army, and the PSR for US SOCOM.

As for the price difference between SKU 86279 and SKU 86282, it is not just the suppressor. See the "LW" behind the model designation.

The chassis on these guns are pretty pricey, in addition to the guns being hand built.

I don't know how things are now, but it used to be that Remington supplied barreled actions rather than complete rifles to the Army and Marines and then the rifles were pretty much completely reworked by military armorers specially trained and chosen for the task.

I think you are mistaking the point of my post, MSRP doesn't tell the whole story, I know that HK has built an excellent reputation for weapons manufacturing, and people took a chance on the MR556 based on that fact. Remington Defense firearms values should be determined by the product that is produced, not simply MSRP they are asking. Giving an apples to apples comparison on the feature set seems to be the fairest way to assess the pricing until the rifles end up in the hands of shooters. As I don't have a dog in this fight remaining objective isn't hard.

I feel like giving the Remington the benefit of the doubt in this instance is akin to betting that a blind, deaf, morbidly obese man in a wheel chair with no arms is going to be able to defeat a Teutonic übermensch in power armor in a circle of equals.

Arctic1
03-15-15, 17:27
I don't know how things are now, but it used to be that Remington supplied barreled actions rather than complete rifles to the Army and Marines and then the rifles were pretty much completely reworked by military armorers specially trained and chosen for the task.

I feel like giving the Remington the benefit of the doubt in this instance is akin to betting that a blind, deaf, morbidly obese man in a wheel chair with no arms is going to be able to defeat a Teutonic übermensch in power armor in a circle of equals.

Again,

Remington Defense supplies the US Army with M2010 rifles, and supplies the PSR to US SOCOM (Mk21 PSR).

Raven Armament
03-15-15, 18:57
Remington Arms Co split their military and LE direct division and created Remington Defense to serve those markets directly. Remington Arms Co remained the civilian firearm and ammunition company. When FG took over, it became Remington Outdoor Company. There has been a Remington Defense division of Remington for the past 15 or so years and is pre-FG.

Only thing that gets my attention is their SASS rifle, but I'm in the process of assembling one of my own .308 ARs.