PDA

View Full Version : NRA and Grover Norquist

Amp Mangum
03-13-15, 19:35
Glenn Beck said Friday that NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre told him the organization is opening an ethics investigation into Grover Norquist, the president of Americans for Tax Reform.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/13/glenn-beck-makes-big-announcement-nra-told-me-its-opening-ethics-investigation-into-grover-norquist/

Averageman
03-14-15, 06:56
He's pretty tight with the M.B. and rather quick to shout down anyone calling him on it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-14-15, 16:50
Glenn Back and Grover Norquist- now there is an Axis of Stupid with Wayne as some kind of tinker bell. What kind of 'Ethics' thing could the NRA bring against Grover?? It's the NRA, not the FBI....

Palmguy
03-14-15, 18:53
What kind of 'Ethics' thing could the NRA bring against Grover?? It's the NRA, not the FBI....

I assume the NRA has some kind of capacity to sanction members of its Board of Directors.

Amp Mangum
04-15-15, 06:35
The NRA announced Grover Norquist’s re-election to the NRA Board of Directors on April 11 — but on Tuesday, the organization confirmed that Norquist has “voluntarily suspended” himself from NRA board activities.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/14/grover-norquist-suspends-himself-from-nra-board-amid-investigation-into-allegations-of-islamist-ties/

SteyrAUG
04-15-15, 16:34
Glenn Back and Grover Norquist- now there is an Axis of Stupid with Wayne as some kind of tinker bell. What kind of 'Ethics' thing could the NRA bring against Grover?? It's the NRA, not the FBI....

If the Muslim Brotherhood thing is true, he could (and should) be removed from the board and expelled from the organization. He has currently voluntarily suspended his activities with the NRA.

I'd rather have a dozen Larry Craigs on the board than somebody with ties to Islamic terrorism. If the MB things proves true, that will be all that is necessary for the current administration to factually declare the NRA a "terrorist organization."

Doc Safari
04-15-15, 16:57
Norquist evaded questions and gave waffle answers on Glenn Beck's show. His answers should have been "Hell NO I'm not with those assholes."

Very telling.

SteyrAUG
04-15-15, 17:30
Norquist evaded questions and gave waffle answers on Glenn Beck's show. His answers should have been "Hell NO I'm not with those assholes."

Very telling.

And hopefully the investigation will determine things once and for all. I'm a Life Member so I'm in regardless. If the investigation starts to look like a cover up, we can always Zumbo the guy.

Doc Safari
04-15-15, 17:36
My question is: how did he ever end up on the NRA board to begin with? Doesn't anybody over there put down the over-under duck gun long enough to vet somebody like that?

SteyrAUG
04-15-15, 20:35
My question is: how did he ever end up on the NRA board to begin with? Doesn't anybody over there put down the over-under duck gun long enough to vet somebody like that?

My guess is he showed up with a big bag of money. You can join most organizations, and even get responsible positions within those organizations if you show up with a big bag of money. And most of the time when you show up with a big bag of money, they don't spend a lot of time looking for reasons why you can't give them the big bag of money.

wildcard600
04-16-15, 07:36
My guess is he showed up with a big bag of money. You can join most organizations, and even get responsible positions within those organizations if you show up with a big bag of money. And most of the time when you show up with a big bag of money, they don't spend a lot of time looking for reasons why you can't give them the big bag of money.

Spot on.

nova3930
04-16-15, 10:00

He's a long term DC insider who knows how to work the halls of Congress, pretty important if you wanna get laws passed....

04-16-15, 13:48
Norquist co-founded the Islamic Free Market Institute with Khaled Saffuri and Abdul Rahman al-Amoudi. Lay down with dogs...