PDA

View Full Version : CZ75B Where Have You Been all my Life???

Shao
03-14-15, 10:46
For those who don't know (more likely don't care), I'm not a big fan of the 9mm cartridge. I've owned many nines and sold all of them through the years. Well, I found a ridiculously good deal on a new CZ75B Omega so I picked it up on a whim and I'm in love. I already have 400+ rounds through it and it has been flawless. I demand accuracy in a firearm and it is the most accurate handgun that I own. The double action pull feels like a nice S&W revolver and the single action pull, though having a bit more take up than I would like, is amazing.

Now... Two questions:

1. Where are the accessories? I put some Hogue G-10 grips on mine (didn't like the VZs) but I'm having the hardest time finding a decent holster for it. It's my new "around the house gun" so I'm looking for an OWB, comfortable as possible paddle-type holster with a wide adjustment of cant. I can't seem to find one that doesn't have bad reviews.

2. I feel uncomfortable with a polymer guide rod in an all steel gun. One of my major deciding factors on purchasing the CZ was that it's a solid chunk of steel. However, I've read that a steel guide rod can damage it. Are there any other alternatives that anyone knows of that would give me the peace of mind of not having to use a polymer guide rod that wouldn't harm my gun???

Thanks in advance!

ritepath
03-14-15, 12:00
http://cajungunworks.com/index.html

This will help you out....Congrats on the best kept secret in the industry.

An Undocumented Worker
03-14-15, 16:56
I had to modify a leather holster made for some other firearm to fit mine. Just get one that's a close fit and then soak it in hot water and shape it around your CZ.

Is your guide rod full length or short like a 1911 GI guide rod? Either way the polymer ones the come with cause no problems.

RWH24
03-15-15, 00:00
For an all steel/metal gun, a CZ would/could replace my Sig 226 DA/SA 9mm for the right price. I think I would want the 75 BD, even though the trigger pull is heavier with the de cocker system.

MegademiC
03-15-15, 00:49
Check safariland for holsters if you haven't already. As for cz, if I was buying a steel hammer gun, it would be an sp01 with sa trigger.

I had a 40 compact and a friend has a 75. I moved to an m&p40 and don't have any reason to go back. CZ is solid though.

...and keep the poly rod. There is no reason to change it.

PD Sgt.
03-15-15, 03:00
HBE Leather is big into CZs, and I believe he makes them for the 75B.

I had a couple of his holsters a few years ago and the quality was good, but I have not ordered anything recently.

Pilot1
03-15-15, 04:26
Many holsters that fit the Beretta 92 will fit the CZ-75B. No worries on the poly guide rod. For carry, you'll want the compact, alloy framed 75D PCR, and oh yeah get the Kadet Kit .22LR adapter which works on all modern 75 based CZ's.

dwhitehorne
03-15-15, 06:36
The one photo I have seen online 10 plus years ago of an issue with a CZ and a steel guide rod was with an alloy framed P01. No one questioned how that individual sized his replacement guide rod or anything. It just turned into the typical internet OMG metal guide rods ruin CZ's. I think it is a non-issue since I currently have a CGW rod in my P07. I ran a Bedair SS rod in my 75B before I got rid of it. Come on over to The Original CZ forum for more info. David

Shao
03-15-15, 08:46
Thanks for all the info guys, I'm going to research all of your recommendations of holsters.
My CZ has the short guide rod. After doing more research, I've decided to buy an extra polymer one in case the original breaks.

I didn't want the decocker version as I grew up shooting 1911s and I have no problems dropping a hammer on a loaded chamber. I considered the P01 but I didn't like the fact that it has an alloy frame but still weighs more than the regular CZ75B/Omega. I didn't care about an accessory rail since I already have a nightstand gun with a light. I have plenty of concealed carry guns, this was purchased solely for use as a daytime house carry.

I'll be looking into that cajungunworks site as well. It's already so nice as it comes from the factory that I don't want to mess with it too much. Does anyone have any experience with the IMI Defense/SigTac rototac holsters? Like I said, concealment is not an issue. I'm the type of guy that always has a gun on or near me. I just want an easy to access, comfortable holster that I can wear around the house and at the computer all day without poking me in the torso or groin that can serve double duty as a range holster.

Sam
03-15-15, 09:11
The 75B is a sweet gun, very low recoil, very accurate, well balanced and reasonably inexpensive. The double action trigger pull can be easily reduced with a reduced power hammer spring from Cajun, it takes about 3 minutes to change.

When I had my 75 I used the Blade Tech Eclipse holster, it's owb, comfortable, extremely fast. Comp Tac also make kydex holster for it. I prefer the Blade Tech though. Many leather holster choices too, Milt Sparks, Alessi are my favorite.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG5961.jpeg

That's the Eclipse from Blade Tech.

Shao
03-15-15, 09:23
The 75B is a sweet gun, very low recoil, very accurate, well balanced and reasonably inexpensive. The double action trigger pull can be easily reduced with a reduced power hammer spring from Cajun, it takes about 3 minutes to change.

When I had my 75 I used the Blade Tech Eclipse holster, it's owb, comfortable, extremely fast. Comp Tac also make kydex holster for it. I prefer the Blade Tech though. Many leather holster choices too, Milt Sparks, Alessi are my favorite.

Cool thanks, I need to check those holsters out too. I actually have an assortment of Wolff reduced power hammer springs that I picked up. The DA pull really isn't bad at all on mine (maybe I got lucky?), but I wouldn't mind lightening it a bit - I still want reliable ignition of course. Which weight do you use?

uffdaphil
03-15-15, 09:58
I'm a fan of Infinity OWB holsters. Flat exterior, exc retention and 10 degree cant suits me well. The one in the pic was made for a G17 and fits the CZ PCR as well. Crown to beavertail length is the same as the Glock.
http://www.infinityholsters.com/

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/image.jpg1_8.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/image.jpg1_8.jpg.html)

Sam
03-15-15, 11:14
Cool thanks, I need to check those holsters out too. I actually have an assortment of Wolff reduced power hammer springs that I picked up. The DA pull really isn't bad at all on mine (maybe I got lucky?), but I wouldn't mind lightening it a bit - I still want reliable ignition of course. Which weight do you use?

I didn't replace the spring in my 75B. You need to experiment with the springs, find the lightest one that positively ignite 100% of your desired ammo.

I found another CZ (the P07) that fits my concealed carry need (based on the glowing write ups by Mr. Mike Pannone). For the 07, I bought the lightest spring that Cajun sell and it ignite all of the ammo that I use.

An Undocumented Worker
03-15-15, 13:44
For an all steel/metal gun, a CZ would/could replace my Sig 226 DA/SA 9mm for the right price. I think I would want the 75 BD, even though the trigger pull is heavier with the de cocker system.

The decocker doesn't change the trigger pull at all.

Gary1911A1
03-15-15, 15:19
O

Your Blade Tech Holster appears to be shaped for an original 75 with the round trigger guard. I didn't know Blade Tech offered their Eclipse with this option or do you ask for it?

QuickStrike
03-15-15, 15:26
The P-01 is probably the best value I've ever spent on a pistol.

I just had to buy one after picking up a rental and shootin it better than my glock 19's that I've been shooting for years.

350 rounds in an hour with no malfs and the accuracy is very flattering:

@25y
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/quickstrikes112/BB753881-8E45-4FC9-BB4A-8AE778DABADC-6686-000008615527A0CF_zpse512bdfa.jpg

Ignore that gut shot (probably the first DA pull heheh).

The DA is a bit disagreeable... I'll send it off to CGW for some tweaking later. I can deal with it for now though.

Not sure if I want to lower the hammer spring weight. That tiny ass slide seems to benefit from having to overcome a heavier spring.

RWH24
03-15-15, 15:45
The decocker doesn't change the trigger pull at all.

Thanks, I had been misinformed.

RWH24
03-15-15, 15:50
The P-01 is probably the best value I've ever spent on a pistol.

I just had to buy one after picking up a rental and shootin it better than my glock 19's that I've been shooting for years.

350 rounds in an hour with no malfs and the accuracy is very flattering:

@25y
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/quickstrikes112/BB753881-8E45-4FC9-BB4A-8AE778DABADC-6686-000008615527A0CF_zpse512bdfa.jpg

Ignore that gut shot (probably the first DA pull heheh).

The DA is a bit disagreeable... I'll send it off to CGW for some tweaking later. I can deal with it for now though.

Not sure if I want to lower the hammer spring weight. That tiny ass slide seems to benefit from having to overcome a heavier spring.

The gut/nut shot is typical of new DA/SA & DAK shooters. When we started issuing 226 9mm DA/SA in early 90's, most females and males with smaller hands/weaker grip strength tended to crotch shoot the B-27. When we went to the 226 DAK was noticeable on lots of shots.

nimdabew
03-15-15, 16:04
I didn't replace the spring in my 75B. You need to experiment with the springs, find the lightest one that positively ignite 100% of your desired ammo.

I found another CZ (the P07) that fits my concealed carry need (based on the glowing write ups by Mr. Mike Pannone). For the 07, I bought the lightest spring that Cajun sell and it ignite all of the ammo that I use.

I do know from experience that my 13# main spring and the CGW extended firing pin ignites small rifle primers, and the 11.5" ignites all of the small pistol primers I have tried including wolf, CCI, and some other primer my buddy had. I don't have small rifle primers, but I do have a 13# main spring in case that is all I can find. I haven't tried the small rifle primers in any of my other psitols, so I just stock up on CCI when I can find them for non-rape prices.

cctroupe11
03-15-15, 16:13
My buddy has a CZ75 and has a LAG Tactical kydex holster and likes it a lot. Worth checking out.

Sam
03-15-15, 16:17
O

Your Blade Tech Holster appears to be shaped for an original 75 with the round trigger guard. I didn't know Blade Tech offered their Eclipse with this option or do you ask for it?

I got the holster from a friend. It did fit the 75B perfectly, snaps into place, no wiggling or anything.

QuickStrike
03-15-15, 16:59
The gut/nut shot is typical of new DA/SA & DAK shooters. When we started issuing 226 9mm DA/SA in early 90's, most females and males with smaller hands/weaker grip strength tended to crotch shoot the B-27. When we went to the 226 DAK was noticeable on lots of shots.

Makes sense. I bet gripping the pistol harder would negate the heavier DA pull somewhat. I just got into DA/SA for a couple of months. More fun to dry fire without havin to rack the slide. :p

Magsz
03-16-15, 13:38
I do know from experience that my 13# main spring and the CGW extended firing pin ignites small rifle primers, and the 11.5" ignites all of the small pistol primers I have tried including wolf, CCI, and some other primer my buddy had. I don't have small rifle primers, but I do have a 13# main spring in case that is all I can find. I haven't tried the small rifle primers in any of my other psitols, so I just stock up on CCI when I can find them for non-rape prices.

For self defense i would stick with 15 or 16 lb hammer springs.

The rest of your findings mirror mine.