PDA

View Full Version : Current Shot Timer of Choice?

TXBK
03-14-15, 18:16
What is the current shot timer of choice? The threads on here discussing shot timer brands are old, but it looks like the same brands mentioned are all that I can find using Brownells or Midway. Besides using a smart phone app, is there much of anything new concerning shot timers?

My use is strictly general and concealed carry training, and not competitive shooting. Of the options that I have found and seen discussed, the Pact Club Timer III has caught my attention. It seems rugged and easy to use. Is there any info in this particular unit that I need to be aware of, or is there another unit that I should consider?

sidewaysil80
03-14-15, 18:47
I'm not sure if you would be interested, but I utilize a shot timer app on my iPhone. It works accurately and does what I need it to do for stationary drills and training. It was only like $8 or $9 so it might be worth a shot before buying a standalone unit.

usmc2014
03-14-15, 19:37
I ran across one awhile back that looked like a wristwatch and you wore it on your firing wrist. You could set it to start off of the beep of the official shot timer at a match, set it to operate off of recoil impulse or sound or both if you were shooting in an already loud environment like an indoor range. I don't remember the brand off of the top of my head. I considered getting one as they were like $170 IIRC but, I went with the cheaper blue box off of midwayusa

Semper Fi

TXBK
03-14-15, 22:36
I do know that I don't want to use an app on a phone.

sidewaysil80
03-14-15, 23:39
I do know that I don't want to use an app on a phone.
In that case I would suggest Competition Electronics based on my experience with their chronograph and friends glowing reviews of their shot timer. Also, the watch I think usmc2014 was referencing is the Shot Maxx from Double Alpha. My buddy ordered one but I guess it takes awhile to arrive as he ordered directly from Double Alpha.

usmc2014
03-15-15, 06:09
That is in fact the one I was talking about. Thanks.

Semper Fi