PDA

View Full Version : Corbon 223

RRMan03
07-08-08, 23:33
Has anybody used the Corbon 223 ammo? Also if anybody has the ballistics for the Corbon 223 line I would appreciate it. Please email it to RRMan03@comcast.net

Ned Christiansen
07-09-08, 08:12
I've used three or four loads over the years, it all seemed good. The only recent info I have is on their 62 grain DPX and 77 grain OTM loads. The 77 grain load I'm pretty sure uses the Sierra Match King and will give any other target load on the market a real run for its money. Shot a .540 group out of a Sabre barrel with it. I was shooting a lot of ten-shot groups that day but I'm pretty sure this was five shots (10 into .540 is almost hard to believe; I'll check).

Ned Christiansen
07-09-08, 08:17
Just checked, it was five into .520.
I did shoot a ten-shot group of 1.115 using the Sabre/CorBon combo, these were at 100 yards off a Harris bipod.

RRMan03
07-09-08, 08:49
Thats good to know.I just ordered 5 boxes of the 62 gr DPX and 5 boxes of the 77 gr ammo.They had the 77gr for 14.95 a box.The DPX was expensive at 29.00 per box. I thought the 77 gr was a pretty good price for Corbon. That is a good group for 10 shots. What barrel length was your Sabre. I have 2 Sabre's on the way.A Mid Length in 1/7 and a NM A2 in 1/7 also. I am the fool who is going to check out about 11 differemt rifles and about 7-10 different types of ammo. Of course the most expensive ammo will shoot the best. What I really want to see is which gun and lower priced ammo hold up best a 100 yards.Looks like that 77gr Corbon is going to be hard to beat. If you do not mind would you give me the specs on your Sabre.you can email or PM me if you prefer.

ST911
07-09-08, 09:38
Has anybody used the Corbon 223 ammo? Also if anybody has the ballistics for the Corbon 223 line I would appreciate it. Please email it to RRMan03@comcast.net

Corbon can send you some pretty comprehensive test data on their loads.

rifleshooter
07-09-08, 10:08
Thats good to know.I just ordered 5 boxes of the 62 gr DPX and 5 boxes of the 77 gr ammo.They had the 77gr for 14.95 a box.The DPX was expensive at 29.00 per box. I thought the 77 gr was a pretty good price for Corbon. That is a good group for 10 shots. What barrel length was your Sabre. I have 2 Sabre's on the way.A Mid Length in 1/7 and a NM A2 in 1/7 also. I am the fool who is going to check out about 11 differemt rifles and about 7-10 different types of ammo. Of course the most expensive ammo will shoot the best. What I really want to see is which gun and lower priced ammo hold up best a 100 yards.Looks like that 77gr Corbon is going to be hard to beat. If you do not mind would you give me the specs on your Sabre.you can email or PM me if you prefer.

Corbon is a quality Ammo. Anything they Mfg. you can bet they have tested 200%+ They are always ready to answer any Ammo. questions all you need to do is call them.

RRMan03
07-09-08, 15:42
Just got the info I needed from Corbon by email.Seems everybody I need info from today is on it fast. I must say it has been a good day for customer service in my world.

Ned Christiansen
07-10-08, 00:10
The Sabre I used was a 24" heavy target-varmint barrel, stainless, 1-8 twist.

lalakai
08-19-08, 07:49
this is on a related note to the corbon dpx, looking at penetration and deflection. A person testing the dpx in an M4 configuration was measuring penetration ability through windshields at differing angles of deflection. His testing showed that up to a 32 degree angle, the core of the dpx would still penetrate on a straight trajectory. The gel block tests also showed extremely good expansion, with penetration that wasn't excessive. I know he put the data into a some tables, so i'll see if i can get a copy of that data.

based on his recommendations, most of my carry guns are loaded only with dpx ammo.