PDA

View Full Version : HPG kit bag alternative?

readyme
03-16-15, 12:14
I love the idea of the Hill People Gear kit bag, but $125 seems a little steep.
I saw a post of a guy making custom webbing X harnesses for MOLLE pouches...and that seemed like a pretty cool idea.
Does anybody else have any other ideas for a concealed carry option mounted on the chest (can be worth with a backpack on as well).
Ribz seems like another options, but it seems like it would flop around a lot more.

quackhead
03-17-15, 18:39
I'm looking at that rig as well for mountain biking and trail running. From what I've read up on it, the money is worth it for the stability

lunchbox
03-17-15, 20:13
Worth the coin.
And I only use it for weapon carrying sometimes. Mostly use it in place of pack on light day outings in woods, stuffed with tackle when fishing, and stuffed with snacks/wet-wipes/etc. with kids. Or use it supplement of light pack for quick access stuff/fire/compass (Med kit always in). Gun usually stays on hip unless sporting my large pack with cumberbun/belt, which is not as often as I would like. Mainly a day tripper;).

readyme
03-17-15, 22:57
Well, it looks like I have a HPG kit bag in my future.

MikeDawg46L
03-20-15, 10:06
The Kit Bag is well worth the coin. I didn't think they were $125. I use the Recon Kit Bag, as the original seems to be a little large for what I use it for. It was only $85 and I bought a runner's harness to go along with it.

readyme
03-20-15, 15:44
The Kit Bag is well worth the coin. I didn't think they were $125. I use the Recon Kit Bag, as the original seems to be a little large for what I use it for. It was only $85 and I bought a runner's harness to go along with it.

They are listed at $105 now + shipping. I also want to get the runner's bungee strap. So all told it is about $125.
I am seriously considering the snubby original pattern kit bag since I have a Glock 19, and that will just fit.

MikeDawg46L
03-21-15, 10:19
They are listed at $105 now + shipping. I also want to get the runner's bungee strap. So all told it is about $125.
I am seriously considering the snubby original pattern kit bag since I have a Glock 19, and that will just fit.

Hmmm...glad I got mine when I did.

Before you commit to the Snubby, take into consideration that the G19 + weapon light = no bueno in Snubby.

ETA: I see they have some new options available at HPG and now I understand where you're getting the prices. Didn't realize they had so many new options for Kit Bag line. At any rate, you'll love it when you're finally able to put it to use.
Tapatalk'd

quackhead
03-21-15, 16:54
I'm glad they are finally offering black

readyme
03-21-15, 22:02
I'm glad they are finally offering black

I would be all over the black, but the interior need to be a lighter (hi viz) color or I won't be able to find anything.

TXBK
03-21-15, 22:15
Hill People make their kit very well. The Kit Bag is comfortable, and great for keeping all of the little necessities handy. I find that I am way more comfortable by storing items in the Kit Bag instead of in my pockets. I have a couple of them, and love them.

quackhead
03-22-15, 03:24
I would be all over the black, but the interior need to be a lighter (hi viz) color or I won't be able to find anything.

What about the grey version? What do you plan on carrying in it, that you can't locate in a black version?
I'm using mine for running/ biking-only plan on my pistol, spare mag, cell, ID, keys, small flashlight, and small knife. The pistol, cell, and flashlight are the only things I'm worried about accessing quickly and by feel