PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR - too good to be true

jamesbern
03-16-15, 18:31
I'm looking to pick up an RMR 3.25MOA LED for my pistol. Everywhere i've seen is over $550. I ended up going with Optics Planet as they had the best price in stock, but just found this for $380....too good to be true? Thoughts?

http://www.botach.com/trijicon-rmr-rm01-3-25-moa-red-dot-sight/

I generally don't order from them, but the time I did it went fine. I mean if it was $30 or $40 I wouldn't care so much, but were talking like a $140 difference from what I paid.

Defaultmp3
03-16-15, 18:39
Eh. I've seen the RMR RM01s on Amazon for 400 USD, so it's not a stretch. I bought my RM06 off of Amazon for ~450 USD, so yeah, that pricing is probably close to cost, but doesn't seem totally unreasonable.

jpeezy
03-16-15, 19:10
I've made several purchases from Botach involving items that seemed to good to be true pricing, all went down without a hitch. I've also had friends go through the Botach nightmare as well. Odds are you wouldn't have a problem, use a cc card for the transaction and you should be ok.

HardToHandle
03-16-15, 20:23
Purchased both Aimpoints and Eotechs from Botach without drama. Not need to manufacture any, those should be their real prices.

NCPatrolAR
03-16-15, 20:32
Link says $556.75 for price

jamesbern
03-16-15, 20:46
If you look below that price you'll see $380. I'm thinking I should do it and return my other one to Optics Planet, but the fact that it most likely isn't in stock is holding me back at this point.

NCPatrolAR
03-16-15, 21:21
I'd be willing to bet they will give you that pricing when you buy 2 or more

MrSunday
03-16-15, 21:42
I only have purchased from Botach once. It was a Aimpoint 3x and the price also seemed to good to be true. I did phone my order in to verify stock which it was. I received it without issue and the item was good to go.

jamesbern
03-16-15, 21:46
I'd be willing to bet they will give you that pricing when you buy 2 or more

It says right there, buy one at $380...I add it to my cart and it's true.

I think i'll phone them tomorrow. If I can get it relatively soon i'll probably do it.

HKGuns
03-16-15, 22:38
I've ordered a couple small items from them previously without issue.

Blastem
03-17-15, 04:42
Ditto

Boba Fett v2
03-17-15, 06:28
Ordered a micro T1 from them last year. GTG

austinN4
03-17-15, 06:37
There is also a Make An Offer button on that item, so you might even be able to get it for less. Since this is really a Botach thread, I'll add my 2 cents worth. I have done multiple orders with them and have never head a problem, but then I never needed anything I ordered the next day either. If they are out of stock their prices make it worth the wait for me.

titanse05
03-17-15, 07:44
Another Botach supporter here. The price is correct for the RMR. Good price IMHO.

prdubi
03-18-15, 07:00
no issues

jbjh
03-18-15, 09:54
I've dealt with Botach on and off for almost 20 years now. They're a local business here in Los Angeles, in a not-so-nice part of town. They're also (or were) a pawn shop. Owned by an Orthodox Jewish family. Has to be the funniest combo platter I've seen.

The inside of the store looks like a surplus store, with crap piled everywhere, but when you look at the piles, it tends to be quality brands.

Their biggest problem is inventory tracking and control, and hit-or-miss customer service. If you can order from a live person on the phone, problems go down drastically (always get the name of the person you spoke to).

WS6
03-18-15, 11:54
I only have purchased from Botach once. It was a Aimpoint 3x and the price also seemed to good to be true. I did phone my order in to verify stock which it was. I received it without issue and the item was good to go.

I did the same with a benelli stock. They lied to me and said it was in stock, which it was not and I told them to shove off after about a week and cancelled my order.

But a friend of mine bought an m&p9 from them for about $365 and got it just fine.

Botach. ..only if you use a credit card.

wayne1one
03-18-15, 14:08
This product is "Not available!" as of 3/18/2015...If you don't mind waiting I say go for it!

My converstation with online rep today:

Curnisha
Company Representative
You: Hi, My name is Wayne
Curnisha: Thank you for your inquiry. How may I assist you today?
You: I was wondering do you have this item in stock SKU: Trijicon-RM01
Curnisha: This item is currently unavailable and the lead time is 8-10 weeks.
You: thanks for the quick response!!
Curnisha: You are welcome. Have a great day!
You: you too thanks again!!

blade_68
03-18-15, 15:28
Botach has been flogged here on many occasions, Slow shipping after stated in stock. With that said I've ordered from them quite a few times only one order was not fast service. I saved a substantial amount of money by waiting on delivery from them. (Aimpoint M4s) I've had far worse service from others without good reason but many excuses for it.

Dang that reminds me I need to replace it's battery again:rolleyes:

WS6
03-18-15, 15:32
Botach has been flogged here on many occasions, Slow shipping after stated in stock. With that said I've ordered from them quite a few times only one order was not fast service. I saved a substantial amount of money by waiting on delivery from them. (Aimpoint M4s) I've had far worse service from others without good reason but many excuses for it.

Dang that reminds me I need to replace it's battery again:rolleyes:

True. I've had a vendor on here (g and r tactical) just not even ship me stuff I've paid for after multiple attempts to make restitution via email, facebook, phone, and a thread here. It's all about your standing in the community how your company is treated when it says "screw the customer."

quackhead
03-19-15, 03:28
Botach has some crazy prices that are almost unbelievable I've asked Mfg's reps about it and they don't know how they sell items for that low of a price ( some below wholesale) the product is legit, service can be spotty-you can score some great deals if you can wait on things