PDA

View Full Version : BCM 300 Blackout; Possible but UNCONFIRMED

carl.c
03-17-15, 10:38
I have noticed that a couple recent posts on Kyle Defoor's Tumblr and Facebook account have made some subtle hints of possible BCM involvement in a 300 Blackout project on the horizon. When asked, responses were along the lines of "neither confirming or denying." Zero concrete indications of timeline either way. The recent release of the 7 inch KMR rail already has many 300blk users excited. It will at least be interesting to monitor potential future developments.

"@gemtechsilencer @bravocompanyusa @bobro_engineering"

http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/113789915378/sub-is-dirty-for-sure-be-glad-to-get-some-super

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyle-Defoor/303210778993?ref=br_tf

Boba Fett v2
03-17-15, 11:01
Maybe they need to get into the .308 game first. That's where the competition has an edge right now.

markm
03-17-15, 11:11
I thought 300 USELESS was going away.

TXBK
03-17-15, 13:38
I thought 300 USELESS was going away.

Weren't you collaborating with LWRC on a markm edition 300 awesome. I don't know. Maybe it was a dream, or nightmare. I can't remember.

Ryno12
03-17-15, 13:55
Weren't you collaborating with LWRC on a markm edition 300 awesome. I don't know. Maybe it was a dream, or nightmare. I can't remember.

It's true but the deal fell through. It was supposed to be a 300 Win Mag but LWRC wasn't willing to have BCM build it for them.

:sarcastic:

1slow01Z71
03-17-15, 13:58
Theres so many good 300blk barrels out there I dont know why this is such big news. BCMs hammer forged barrels is something they hang their hat on buy a BFH 300blk barrel is not needed.

TXBK
03-17-15, 18:11
After some thought, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the OP and markm. Markm, I apologize for the baiting, because I am sure that you could probably do without the temptation. That horse has been beat into oblivion and probably isn't as funny as it used to be once. I should stick to my day job, and stop shooting for comic relief. My apologies, once again, for not adding anything productive.

Back on topic, I would rather see a .308 offering from BCM. Every time I get bored, I start putting together components for something in 300 BLK. It is a niche, but it is hard to resist. Primarily along the lines of subsonic quietness, and I will probably give in at some point just to find out for myself. I don't know if it will be for a BCM 300 BLK, but they are marketing genius' and I've given in on almost everything else. If BCM feels that there is money to be made, then they will and they will do it right.

Rayrevolver
03-18-15, 10:06
Another factory 300BLK offering is good news. Outside of reloading, the ammo is mucho dinero though, and I imagine demand will never drive the costs down relative to other calibers.

I just shot a 9" 300BLK for the first time and there was hardly any blast, even with a 2-port big brake and supersonic ammo. Subs and a can must be like shooting a bb gun.

FlyingHunter
03-18-15, 19:00
Subs and a can must be like shooting a bb gun.

It is.

tommyrott
03-24-15, 19:28
I find the 300 blk to be slightly quieter than say a pre-charged air rifle . I also like it for making all the brass that splits at the neck useful once again