PDA

View Full Version : Angled Foregrip Mounting?

PastorDLW
03-18-15, 01:24
OK guys, here is the stupid question they say can never be asked, but as I have never purchased one and would like to put them on both of my Colt LE6920 with Magpul furniture do you have to have a rail to mount an angled foregrip to mount it to the rifle or will they mount to the Magpul hand guard that came on the rifles? I have the vertical stubby looking handles that came with the rifles on them now, but like the angled grips better. Info about mounting them and how anyone likes or dislikes the angles grips would be appreciated.

PastorDLW,

Uprange41
03-18-15, 01:30
You need an MOE rail section (http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-MOE-Rail-Section-Black/dp/B003F6N88M).

Mount that to the handguard, and then mount the AFG to the rail.

As for preferences, I don't really care for the AFG on a general-purpose gun... It's great if you can get a perfect grip, but for shooting in different positions, using barricades, stuff like that, it can be awkward and a little bulky. It really is just personal preference, though. So for me, an AFG on a range/competition gun is a lot of fun, but I don't use one on anything else.

quackhead
03-18-15, 03:36
I am starting to really dig AFGs. I used to be a big VPG proponent- I switched from a standard length one to a stubby when I noticed that I " choked" up on the grip and was riding the rail as well. I tried a AFG and started to really get its advantages- more natural hold, easier to control , quicker to bring on target, easier to access rail mounted accessories.... I have had no issues with use in various positions or with barricades

djegators
03-18-15, 06:41
You can switch the hand guard to either the MLOK Carbine or SL Carbine and both of those are MLOK compatible, you can then direct attach the MLOK AFG, which is a lot lower profile than the standard AFGs.

rooski
03-18-15, 08:04
You can switch the hand guard to either the MLOK Carbine or SL Carbine and both of those are MLOK compatible, you can then direct attach the MLOK AFG, which is a lot lower profile than the standard AFGs.

^^ This. I also have the MOE furniture and went with a pic rail section so I could also put on a bipod easily when desired but this definitely raises the profile of the AFG. If I had to do it over again I would go the MLOK route because the AFG feels much better that way IMO.