PDA

View Full Version : Resubmit "Disapproved" efile form 1

KTR03
03-18-15, 11:45
Hey There,

Sat down about 50 days ago and submitted 4 form 1s for sbrs. 1 came back approved. 3 came back disapproved. I talked to the inspector yesterday. Apparently when I filled out the approved one I put "NAME OF LLC, LLC" and on the disapproved ones I put "Name of LLC", but did not put ",LLC". His instructions were that they could not be corrected, they had to be completely resubmitted. I would also get the money back from the declined form 1's in about 60 days. I was also told that I would go to the back of the line.

So first off, be very anal on filling these forms out. You have to put LLC next to the name of the company. Secondly, I could have sworn that I have seen folks say that they were able to correct forms that had been submitted. Did I dream that up? It seems surprising that I was not able to correct the existing form and it is pretty laughable that it takes 60 days to generate a refund.

Has anyone had similar experiences.

On the bright side, the inspector promptly returned my call, and was polite and efficient, if not particularly helpful.

Jakedasnake
03-18-15, 11:51
I corrected a form, and just FAXED it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigWaylon
03-18-15, 12:14
You won't see your money is 60 days based on everything I've read. The refunds started at 1 days and are now past 60.

No corrections possible in EForms. I did get two reversed from Disapproved to Approved, but the error was on their end (examiner didn't read the Amendment to the trust).

The one bit of good news is that while technically you have to go to the end of the line, you can actually get an approval within 48 or less (in most cases) if you'll follow [url=http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/07/what-to-do-if-your-atf-eform-i.html] these instructions and email Ted with both control numbers, serial numbers and Applicant's name (the LLC in your case).

It won't get your money back any faster, but at least you'll have your stamps.

mikejg
03-18-15, 14:54
When I needed my $200 refunded due to an eform website error, I was able to get it back in about 2 weeks. Gary Schaible was the gentleman that processed the refund.

Gary.N.Schaible@usdoj.gov

Not sure if this will be any quicker than the 60 days, but at least it's a POC.

JPB
03-18-15, 19:21
When I needed my $200 refunded due to an eform website error, I was able to get it back in about 2 weeks. Gary Schaible was the gentleman that processed the refund.

Gary.N.Schaible@usdoj.gov

Not sure if this will be any quicker than the 60 days, but at least it's a POC.

Gary Schaible was awesome to work with. He helped me out on mine. I had deleted a superfoulous "draft" and it deleted the Form 1 that was being processed! I asked if there was any way to get the Form 1 resurected and he made it so. The form never came back on the eforms site, but I got the approval email when my it got processed. The approved form has a "draft" watermark though, and there is no "approved" column/form on the efiles site. I'm trying to get that watermark rectified.

I'm betting they are seen a bunch of pannic submissions right now before May. Processing time seems to be closer to a month and a half now.

BigWaylon
03-18-15, 19:39
Gary Schaible was awesome to work with. He helped me out on mine. I had deleted a superfoulous "draft" and it deleted the Form 1 that was being processed! I asked if there was any way to get the Form 1 resurected and he made it so. The form never came back on the eforms site, but I got the approval email when my it got processed. The approved form has a "draft" watermark though, and there is no "approved" column/form on the efiles site. I'm trying to get that watermark rectified.

I'm betting they are seen a bunch of pannic submissions right now before May. Processing time seems to be closer to a month and a half now.
Just as info...in case it happens to anybody else.

You would've had the same result from doing nothing. Deleting a Draft copy deletes the Submitted copy. It's a known issue. However, it doesn't delete the actual information from the database that the examiners see. It just removes it from the view you have.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/6F434D76-9AF6-4CAD-B88E-2157DDE230CB_zpslrjfg31b.png

Ted Clutter can fix the DRAFT watermark. Or, if you have access to Adobe...you can remove it yourself.

JPB
03-19-15, 06:17
Just as info...in case it happens to anybody else.

You would've had the same result from doing nothing. Deleting a Draft copy deletes the Submitted copy. It's a known issue. However, it doesn't delete the actual information from the database that the examiners see. It just removes it from the view you have.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/6F434D76-9AF6-4CAD-B88E-2157DDE230CB_zpslrjfg31b.png

Ted Clutter can fix the DRAFT watermark. Or, if you have access to Adobe...you can remove it yourself.

Thanks BigWaylon.

blade_68
03-19-15, 07:58
I hope not to have that notice.... but it is a answer to the waiting game I've been on with a form 1SBR..... backlog . One NFA Dealer I know was having some delays and advised E-file was down.

Still waiting on listed as processing/pending 53 days later.