PDA

View Full Version : Flame thrower fun!

Bluto
03-19-15, 22:25
Almost as cool as sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads...

"The XM42 is the world’s first fully handheld, grab and go flamethrower on the market. No heavy pressurized tanks, no silly car-wash sprayers."

http://www.xm42.com

The antis are going to love this one!

SeriousStudent
03-19-15, 22:43
So is this something that any John Q. Public can own? It would not be classified as a Destructive Device by the BATFEIEIO?

Just curious.

ABNAK
03-19-15, 22:48
I'd like to get one to use on the uphill portion of my driveway when we get snow/ice like we did this winter (and usually do at least once each winter, just this year sucked worse).

Sensei
03-19-15, 23:57
We have a saying in our department that most patients get admitted the Burn Unit after hanging out with one of 2 brothers: Tom Foolery or Jack Assery.

For example, Tom Foolery is burning your garbage. Jack Assery is using gasoline as an accelerant. Until I see some independent safety testing, this thing has a lot of potential for beta testers to meet Jack Assery.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-15, 03:16
Finally, now we have a viable defense against xenomorphs!

3 AE
03-20-15, 08:35
Gasoline, ignitor, and booze. Yessiree, they'll be "Crispy Critters" at the Emergency Room for sure! :lol:

Though as a crowd control device for LE use. Hmmm... I can see that. Things starting to get out of hand at a so called "peaceful demonstration". Warnings over the bullhorn to disperse are ignored. Presence of LEOs in full riot gear using tear gas and bean bags not achieving the desired results. Enter petite LEO screaming, "Say hello to my little friend!", as she sends a flaming stream of 87 octane in their direction. Yep, the crowd is going to be hauling ass away from that one.

docsherm
03-20-15, 08:49
I want one!!!! :dirol:

prdubi
03-20-15, 09:07
want.. mucho Brazos

markm
03-20-15, 09:56
So is this something that any John Q. Public can own? It would not be classified as a Destructive Device by the BATFEIEIO?

Just curious.

I wonder. Back in the day... Retards on ARF's AZ hometown forum posted pics of themselves at one of the unstaffed public ranges blasting away their flame throwers.

These were idiots out burning dirt (because I guess bump firing into the berm no longer made the Mongos smile as much) and trying to get shooting spots closed with their Jack Assery.

As far as ABNAK's Ice problem... they make a weed burning tool that runs on propane. It would be a much safer and less obnoxious tool for the job.

sevenhelmet
03-20-15, 10:04
Ehrmagawd... Must have one for TEOTWAWKI! :p

nova3930
03-20-15, 10:19

Just curious.

Not per the DD definitions in the law.

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms/firearms-industry/guides/national-firearms-act-definition-destructive-device

Course we all know how atf feels about the law and it's pesky definitions.....

Incidentally, I've always found it ironic that arms utilizing fire are not classified as firearms :rolleyes:

ABNAK
03-20-15, 14:46
I wonder. Back in the day... Retards on ARF's AZ hometown forum posted pics of themselves at one of the unstaffed public ranges blasting away their flame throwers.

These were idiots out burning dirt (because I guess bump firing into the berm no longer made the Mongos smile as much) and trying to get shooting spots closed with their Jack Assery.

As far as ABNAK's Ice problem... they make a weed burning tool that runs on propane. It would be a much safer and less obnoxious tool for the job.

Will Google said tool. Thanks for the heads up!

Turnkey11
03-20-15, 15:22
I want one!!!! :dirol:

Indeed. Can it mount a bayonet?

SeriousStudent
03-20-15, 23:22
Not per the DD definitions in the law.

http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms/firearms-industry/guides/national-firearms-act-definition-destructive-device

Course we all know how atf feels about the law and it's pesky definitions.....

Incidentally, I've always found it ironic that arms utilizing fire are not classified as firearms :rolleyes:

That was exactly what made me wonder. The section you linked to says:

"A missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 oz."

If it sprays more than a quarter-ounce of gasoline.......then what? Are the makers of this device going to limit it to a few grams of gasoline per burst? Seems like no fun at all. Or are they going to claim that ignited gasoline is not incendiary? Good luck with that.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding "definitions".

I suspect the only people that will make money off this will be lawyers.

But I do want one, because 'Murica. :cool:

nova3930
03-21-15, 07:58
That was exactly what made me wonder. The section you linked to says:

"A missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 oz."

If it sprays more than a quarter-ounce of gasoline.......then what? Are the makers of this device going to limit it to a few grams of gasoline per burst? Seems like no fun at all. Or are they going to claim that ignited gasoline is not incendiary? Good luck with that.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding "definitions".

I suspect the only people that will make money off this will be lawyers.

But I do want one, because 'Murica. :cool:

I think the rub is a stream is not a missile. Again ATF and legal definitions don't get along though

MegademiC
03-24-15, 22:05
Flame throwers have been used and legal for a long time. You can fill up a super soaker with AcOH/oil mix, stick a bic on the end and wreak havoc to your personal property, while staying within local code and no one can touch you.

What fuel does this run off of? I found nothing.

docsherm
03-24-15, 22:23
Indeed. Can it mount a bayonet?

Brilliant! Now I want two!!!

MountainRaven
03-24-15, 22:39
Anybody know where I can get a pulse rifle to duct tape one of these to?

foxtrotx1
03-25-15, 02:23
This would be pretty shitty for clearing your driveway. Most of the energy vent up. Water takes a lot of energy to change states comparatively. Better off with those heating units that don't consume tons of fuel.

Honu
03-25-15, 03:13
Gasoline !

Why I think others were saying accident waiting to happen

Flame throwers have been used and legal for a long time. You can fill up a super soaker with AcOH/oil mix, stick a bic on the end and wreak havoc to your personal property, while staying within local code and no one can touch you.

What fuel does this run off of? I found nothing.

The_War_Wagon
03-25-15, 07:13
Me WANTY!!!

Because I'm sick & damn tired of shoveling snow!!!