PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92G-SD's are out!

C4IGrant
03-20-15, 16:01
Got our shipment in today. They look great, but there are only 500 of them being built. This is one of the FEW guns that I have collected over the years and is one of my favorites. Some pics for you guys.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Beretta/92G-SD.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Beretta/92G-SD1.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Beretta/92G-SD2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Beretta/92G-SD3.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Beretta/92G-SD4.jpg

C4

Big A
03-20-15, 17:48
**** me...

thmpr
03-20-15, 18:16
We in CA have been buying this for the past month... I yet still need to get one. =0)

falnovice
03-20-15, 19:08
Forgive me, but I haven't kept up on Beretta.
How is this different than a garden variety 92?

Thanks.

ETA: Dumb question. I went to your site and looked it up. It's a G + extras......really gotta slow down when I read the forums.

samuse
03-20-15, 20:14
Beretta could make that with and without a rail and quit making every other loser 92 variant and they'd be back on the map in 2015.

Big A
03-20-15, 20:14
Forgive me, but I haven't kept up on Beretta.
How is this different than a garden variety 92?

Thanks.

ETA: Dumb question. I went to your site and looked it up. It's a G + extras......really gotta slow down when I read the forums.

A wealth of knowledge from Grant himself:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?120601-Beretta-92G-SD

To be honest this is probably the only model Beretta should make. Unless they decided to offer a model with all of this and the frame mounted thumb safety from the Combat frame with the option to convert to de-cocker, then that would be the only model they should make.

opngrnd
03-20-15, 20:55
What is MSRP?

LoveAR
03-20-15, 21:11
Just went in to G&R and snagged one. Thanks!

Sam
03-20-15, 21:15
Beretta could make that with and without a rail and quit making every other loser 92 variant and they'd be back on the map in 2015.

A 92G-SD without the rail = 92G Brigadier. They are re-releasing the 92FS Brigadier now.

I've seen a few of the new SD at a big dealer here in Georgia for a couple of weeks now. With a limited production of 500, they won't last long.

MountainRaven
03-20-15, 21:30
What is MSRP?

Not sure, but street price is about $1200. Or what the Wilson Combat gun is going for.

Seems like a pretty obvious choice between this and the Wilson, to me.

Sam
03-20-15, 21:47
Not sure, but street price is about $1200. Or what the Wilson Combat gun is going for.

If anyone bothered to go to Grant's website and look, HIS price is $1150. That is the best price I've seen for this gun. The local stores near me had prices going up to $200 more than Grant's. I've seen $1200 to $1350 !

At the SHOT show, a Beretta rep told me the MSRP will be $1300.

opngrnd
03-20-15, 21:54

I'm not really the scornful type, but at $1150, I'd have to agree with this. UNLESS you just like Beretta's the way they are. I did just put money down on a 92FS Brigadier :)

LoveAR
03-20-15, 22:15
The Wilsons are out of stock.

MountainRaven
03-20-15, 22:21
The Wilsons are out of stock.

And backorder-able.

But I guess if you're wanting instant gratification (and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing), it's your money, not mine. If it makes you happy....

:)

C4IGrant
03-21-15, 09:13

To be honest this is probably the only model Beretta should make. Unless they decided to offer a model with all of this and the frame mounted thumb safety from the Combat frame with the option to convert to de-cocker, then that would be the only model they should make.

Agree.

C4

C4IGrant
03-21-15, 09:14
What is MSRP?

We are selling them for $1150 currently.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=J92GSD1M

C4

ShipWreck
03-22-15, 15:50
I'm not really the scornful type, but at $1150, I'd have to agree with this. UNLESS you just like Beretta's the way they are. I did just put money down on a 92FS Brigadier :)

That is what I ended up doing. I came SO, SO close to buying the Wilson model. But I sold off all my 92 variants with rails a while back. The gun balances better without the rail, IMHO. In the end, I just got a Brig and did a couple of mods to it. I'm satisfied. I think that they could sell a lot of these guns over time, and it's too bad that they are only making 500. That seems rather a dumb move. But, while it's tempting to snag one for an investment, I won't.

KalashniKEV
03-22-15, 19:22
...it's too bad that they are only making 500. That seems rather a dumb move.

Beretta is relying on the allure to move these... if they made them a regular part of the line-up, they wouldn't be able to command that price.

As it stands, the 92G-SD begs comparison with the SIG MK25, IMO, as both are full sized service pistols with decockers and factory night sights.

With the MK25 coming in at $250-$300 less, and with an extra mag in the box? I'll take the SIG all day-and-tomorrow.

Still, I'd love to own a 92G-SD if they were similarly priced with the 92A1. I'm not seeing all the extra value in one set of internals vs. another or those extra cuts for the checkering.

Magsz
03-22-15, 21:08
Beretta is relying on the allure to move these... if they made them a regular part of the line-up, they wouldn't be able to command that price.

As it stands, the 92G-SD begs comparison with the SIG MK25, IMO, as both are full sized service pistols with decockers and factory night sights.

With the MK25 coming in at $250-$300 less, and with an extra mag in the box? I'll take the SIG all day-and-tomorrow.

Still, I'd love to own a 92G-SD if they were similarly priced with the 92A1. I'm not seeing all the extra value in one set of internals vs. another or those extra cuts for the checkering.

So...they're relying on collectors and people that are stupid enough to buy into the illusory lure of exclusivity? More power to that asshatterey...

I handled one of these today. The price tag read 1260 bucks. I laughed....hard. What a steaming hunk of turd this thing is for the price that you pay. They could at least offer it up with a trigger job or maybe a barsto barrel? From a performance standpoint, this gun offers you a G option and a heavier, brig slide that really isnt necessary unless you're throwing nato spec ammo at it all day. The guns design served a purpose and i think that Super Dave did a great job essentially putting lipstick on a pig.

Wait for an M9A3 or if you've got to have it, buy it from Grant, his price is not going to be beat.

John123
03-23-15, 01:17
I have always wanted a 92G-SD as a collector. I could not wait for the Beretta version, so I picked up one from Wilson. I was worried I would not get a SD with the low numbers being made. But just ordered a SD from Grant. I can wait to get it.

C4IGrant
03-23-15, 08:14

Yawn. Sig. No one collects that gun. Once these sell out (and they are selling fast on our website BTW), these will go right back up to $1500-$1800 range. If Beretta never makes them again, then they will really command money as the years go by (just like the HK P7 series).

C4

C4IGrant
03-23-15, 08:15
I have always wanted a 92G-SD as a collector. I could not wait for the Beretta version, so I picked up one from Wilson. I was worried I would not get a SD with the low numbers being made. But just ordered a SD from Grant. I can wait to get it.

Thank you for your business!

C4

KalashniKEV
03-23-15, 09:05
Yawn. Sig. No one collects that gun...
Once these sell out...
If Beretta never makes them again...

We're actually in agreement then.

Beretta is relying on creating scarcity to generate the appeal for this product. If 92G-SD's were on the shelf, there simply wouldn't be any great desire for them at almost double what they should cost (92A1 with Brig slide, NS, different internals).

I think the gun has some viability, and would like to see it in a serious light.

C4IGrant
03-23-15, 09:12
We're actually in agreement then.

Beretta is relying on creating scarcity to generate the appeal for this product. If 92G-SD's were on the shelf, there simply wouldn't be any great desire for them at almost double what they should cost (92A1 with Brig slide, NS, different internals).

I think the gun has some viability, and would like to see it in a serious light.

They were an expensive and time consuming gun for them to build (just like HK and P7) back in the day. It was also one of the most expensive (retail price) pistols they made so that in by itself created a niche market. Because of that, they had a Cult following (especially when people learned about the pistols history). So you have a low volume of product, cool history and arguably one of the best guns they ever produced which in turn means collect-ability.

C4

Firefly
03-23-15, 10:32
First off, I will never own another Sig ever again. Ever.

That said, I want one of these SO bad, but just can't afford right now. It's cruel they limit it so but I can see why I guess. Makes it no less cruel.

The base Beretta I don't like so much. I had a Vertec I stupidly traded toward an M1A and that was a horrible investment. It was the G version. And then this version which I have shot but never got to own. Both were/are worthy pistols.

I guess I could send a current catalog to wilson when money allows but this just kills me. That's life I guess.

IZinterrogator
03-24-15, 09:08
I love all this talk about limiting supply and collectibility. Makes my decision to get a 96G-SD instead of the 92 11 years ago seem much smarter in hindsight, even though I just bought it because I thought it would make an excellent nightstand gun.

opmike
03-24-15, 14:59
I agree with others that this should be the "standard" 92 variant. Maybe then it won't carry such a ridiculous MSRP.

I got my Beretta fix with the Wilson, so I'm out of the market anyway.

Eurodriver
03-24-15, 21:18
Any plans on carrying any M9 or M9A1s?

Your prices are always good, but I have no use for a G-SD

C4IGrant
03-25-15, 09:59

We have in the past. The best deal we have going right now is a 92FS for $500!

C4

Big A
03-25-15, 11:38

http://themustangsource.com/forums/attachments/f721/105209d1333129268t-2012-modded-brembo-gt-minions_what-1.jpg

C4IGrant
03-26-15, 09:37
http://themustangsource.com/forums/attachments/f721/105209d1333129268t-2012-modded-brembo-gt-minions_what-1.jpg

LOL.

C4

Eurodriver
03-26-15, 13:41

I want an M9 to go with my M16A4 clone. That's all.

A G-SD is cool for people who want a G-SD. I'll stick to one of my G19s for serious work. You know...that lighter, less expensive, smaller, more ubiquitous gun with the same magazine capacity.

PD Sgt.
03-26-15, 16:18

A G-SD is cool for people who want a G-SD. I'll stick to one of my G19s for serious work. You know...that lighter, less expensive, smaller, more ubiquitous gun with the same magazine capacity.

In before Grant says, "Your Glock is a boat anchor compared to this pistol!" :D:D

Eurodriver
03-26-15, 18:41
Haha, not taking anything away from the G-SD, but I just have no use for it. Going the boat anchor route is funny though - doesn't a loaded G19 weigh about the same as an unloaded 92 series? ;)

We have in the past. The best deal we have going right now is a 92FS for $500!

C4

Didn't even see this post! For $500, I can consider it, but I don't see them on your website? I searched Beretta and 92FS

MountainRaven
03-26-15, 19:13

I fear that your calculations have failed to take into account the flush-fitting 18-round magazines for the 92s from MecGar.

Tarheel55
03-26-15, 21:33
Sweet pistol, glad to see the G making a comeback. Is the G only released in a SD or is a plain G to be released like the 92FS?

IZinterrogator
03-26-15, 23:19
Plain 92G model already was released, I got mine last year.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-g/

Sam
03-27-15, 06:09
Plain 92G model already was released, I got mine last year.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-g/

That is correct. I got the plain 92G in October and it is my shooter, the Wilson/Beretta Brigadier Tactical that I got in November is an investment and won't be shot :)

C4IGrant
03-27-15, 09:27
Haha, not taking anything away from the G-SD, but I just have no use for it. Going the boat anchor route is funny though - doesn't a loaded G19 weigh about the same as an unloaded 92 series? ;)

Didn't even see this post! For $500, I can consider it, but I don't see them on your website? I searched Beretta and 92FS

Here you go: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=JS92F300M

C4

brickboy240
03-27-15, 10:29
Too bad the M9 is not for sale at that price..I really like the straight dust cover on the M9 and don't need a light rail.

Someday I am going to pick up an M9.

w3453l
03-27-15, 11:42
Would you guys consider it blasphemy to get one of these 92G-SD's cut to Vertec profile?

Not by a no-name bubba from across town, but from someone reputable like Wilson Combat or AGW.

The Wilson Combat Brigadier is not an option here

opngrnd
03-27-15, 12:22
Would you guys consider it blasphemy to get one of these 92G-SD's cut to Vertec profile?

Not by a no-name bubba from across town, but from someone reputable like Wilson Combat or AGW.

Could you explain more or link me to what you are referring to? I'm curious as to what you're referring to, but I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about machining the backstrap?

w3453l
03-27-15, 13:18
It's a re-profile of the grip; they remove material from the back of the grip to make it slimmer. It's a permanent mod obviously.

If you've seen pictures of the new M9A3 then that is a good example of the Vertec grip.

This is a picture I grabbed off Google:

IZinterrogator
03-27-15, 14:01
I have never been interested in the Vertec frame. However, I do not understand why the Vertec slide was never moved over to the 92FS and 92G models. It has the dovetailed front sight everyone desires without the excess bulk and weight of the Brigadier slide. I think my dream Beretta would be a standard 4.9 inch barrel, the Vertec G slide, and a M9A1 frame (or a non-railed frame with the magazine well bevel and frame checkering of the M9A1).

Sam
03-27-15, 16:30
I think my dream Beretta would be a standard 4.9 inch barrel, the Vertec G slide, and a M9A1 frame (or a non-railed frame with the magazine well bevel and frame checkering of the M9A1).

That gun does exists. It belongs to Ernest Langdon. I think he got a hold of a couple of Berettas and Frankensteined them :)

IZinterrogator
03-27-15, 16:34
That figures. I just don't have the money for two donor pistols, especially when one is discontinued.

Big A
03-27-15, 19:11

It's a re-profile of the grip; they remove material from the back of the grip to make it slimmer. It's a permanent mod obviously.

If you've seen pictures of the new M9A3 then that is a good example of the Vertec grip.

This is a picture I grabbed off Google:

Why not just buy the M9A3 when it comes out?

w3453l
03-27-15, 21:19
The M9A3 is not, and won't be, on the CA roster. The same reason why the Wilson is not an option.

YVK
03-27-15, 23:15
That figures. I just don't have the money for two donor pistols, especially when one is discontinued.

I bought a Vertec on GB, traded the frame for 92FS frame (didn't need the rail), and had AGW do a G conversion. Cumbersome and not particularly cheap, but no excess of hardware left after.

Sam
03-29-15, 08:16

You can always Frankenstein one gun and sell the other mutt.

recon
03-29-15, 20:54
That is what I ended up doing. I came SO, SO close to buying the Wilson model. But I sold off all my 92 variants with rails a while back. The gun balances better without the rail, IMHO. In the end, I just got a Brig and did a couple of mods to it. I'm satisfied. I think that they could sell a lot of these guns over time, and it's too bad that they are only making 500. That seems rather a dumb move. But, while it's tempting to snag one for an investment, I won't.

Only making 500 of them? At that price? I agree with this poster. The price explains why there only making 500! :sad:

PD Sgt.
03-30-15, 00:34
Is it just me or is it odd that Beretta required Wilson Combat to order at least 1000 pistols for the Brig Tac to be made (I would presume to make a sufficient profit margin to justify the production run) but they are only making 500 G-SDs? Particularly in light of the popularity of the WC run?

I really want one of these, but already have the WC on order.

Eurodriver
03-30-15, 06:05
Only making 500 of them? At that price? I agree with this poster. The price explains why there only making 500! :sad:

The bad thing is if they ever decide to make more the price will be lower, and those paying $1,150 will be at a loss.

On the other hand, if they never make anymore the price will go up and those who don't buy now will be at a loss.

samuse
03-30-15, 06:24
All the drama just made me wash my hands of wanting a G-SD.

I don't collect anything and I damn sure don't want a rare or limited run pistol.

Good thing Glock makes a Gen4 19 all the time and quite honestly, any V3 H&K will do what the Beretta will.

jpmuscle
03-30-15, 06:42
As someone who has little knowledge of Berettas is there a Succint answer as to why there are more models, variations, etc than women's purses?

RHINOWSO
03-30-15, 10:52
As someone who has little knowledge of Berettas is there a Succint answer as to why there are more models, variations, etc than women's purses?

It's an Italian company. Nuf said. ;)

Nightstalker865
05-14-15, 12:35
Just ordered one of these. Look forward to trying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

556A2
05-15-15, 01:02
As much as I want one, I'll probably pass for an M9A3 or plain-jane Brig.

Nightstalker865
05-27-15, 20:38
Picked it up from my FFL today. I'll be installing the Wilson trigger components along with the Beretta D spring tomorrow and taking it to the range on Friday. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

Thanks for the fast shipping Grant. It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/27/a6297d674658f96f938c3993efeb289b.jpg

thmpr
05-27-15, 22:01
mil/LEO discount applies if you qualify directly from Wilson. It saved me some good change.

RWH24
05-27-15, 23:13
Picked it up from my FFL today. I'll be installing the Wilson trigger components along with the Beretta D spring tomorrow and taking it to the range on Friday. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

Thanks for the fast shipping Grant. It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/27/a6297d674658f96f938c3993efeb289b.jpg

I wonder if The Beretta Factory does anything special to the G-SD before it is shipped to dealers like Grant @ G&R?

Nightstalker865
05-28-15, 04:33
mil/LEO discount applies if you qualify directly from Wilson. It saved me some good change.

Yes, the discount sure does help!

Nightstalker865
05-28-15, 04:42
I wonder if The Beretta Factory does anything special to the G-SD before it is shipped to dealers like Grant @ G&R?

On that, I'm not sure. I can tell you that I'm extremely impressed with the gun though so far. The action is buttery smooth and it locks up nice and tight. The DA pull is long and heavy, but is smooth as silk and breaks cleanly. Even with that 12lb pull the front sight is perfectly stable through the entire pull. The chamber and throat are highly polished. The magazine well is beveled nicely and the mags insert smoothly and eject with authority. The Trijicon night sights that came on it are nice and crisp and seem to point naturally. The brigadier slide on the gun certainly has more mass and really feels better when manipulating the gun. Slide to frame fit seems to be very good and the slide tracks very evenly.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Wilson parts installed and seeing how much better it feels. Im installing the their trigger bow, trigger return spring, and the fluted guide rod. I also ordered a Beretta D spring to install while it's all apart.

ralph
05-28-15, 14:16
If your Brig shoots as well as my Inox Vertec has been, you're gonna love it! I swear, I think Beretta 92's are underrated.. out of the box my Vertec has shot well. With a few mods (Beretta steel trigger, Elite II hammer, Wilson combat 16# chrome silicon hammer spring, and a Beretta extended mag release) it's even better! DA trigger pull is smooth, SA trigger pull is clean, So far with 7-800 rnds of my loads (mixed brass, plated bullets) ran through it. No problems.

Nightstalker865
05-28-15, 18:52
If your Brig shoots as well as my Inox Vertec has been, you're gonna love it! I swear, I think Beretta 92's are underrated.. out of the box my Vertec has shot well. With a few mods (Beretta steel trigger, Elite II hammer, Wilson combat 16# chrome silicon hammer spring, and a Beretta extended mag release) it's even better! DA trigger pull is smooth, SA trigger pull is clean, So far with 7-800 rnds of my loads (mixed brass, plated bullets) ran through it. No problems.

Good to hear.

RWH24
05-29-15, 15:01
Thank You Sir for a detailed reply.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-29-15, 16:34
Who/where are hosters avail for this without the light attached?

Nightstalker865
05-29-15, 17:05
Put 300 flawless rounds through the gun today. The gun is unbelievably soft shooting and ejects brass with the upmost authority. Ran some NATO ball for the first 100rds followed up by 200rds of 124gr ball from Freedom. The gun is very accurate and is a lot of fun to shoot. I ran it bone stock today just to get a good feel for it.

Wilson trigger bow, trigger return spring, fluted guide rod, and Beretta D spring will be going in it tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how big a change these small drop in parts make. Debating if I really want/need to send the gun to Wilson for a work over. So far I have been very impressed and really look forward to running it again.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/29/d7805356420813ab136c6c6a3709936a.jpg

PD Sgt.
05-29-15, 18:44
Who/where are hosters avail for this without the light attached?

Herein lay the downside. So far the only maker I have firsthand experience with that makes holsters for this model is JM Custom Kydex. I should add I did not look at Safariland as I was not looking for a duty belt style holster, but one that would work in plainclothes.

I e-mailed Raven (my usual first choice for all things Kydex) about making a custom holster for this combo. I was e-mailed back quite promptly and told they do not make a holster for this model. I don't know if my request for a custom holster was misunderstood, or if it is not something they would consider.

Edit: I did not notice you were asking for without a light. I was talking about with a light attached.

philcam
05-29-15, 18:53
Put 300 flawless rounds through the gun today. The gun is unbelievably soft shooting and ejects brass with the upmost authority. Ran some NATO ball for the first 100rds followed up by 200rds of 124gr ball from Freedom. The gun is very accurate and is a lot of fun to shoot. I ran it bone stock today just to get a good feel for it.

Wilson trigger bow, trigger return spring, fluted guide rod, and Beretta D spring will be going in it tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how big a change these small drop in parts make. Debating if I really want/need to send the gun to Wilson for a work over. So far I have been very impressed and really look forward to running it again.

NS865-

Why did you choose the 92G-SD over the Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical? I'm not trying to be critical of your purchase, I think they are both phenomenal guns, but at roughly the same price I'm looking more to the Wilson model. If I'm not mistaken, the Wilson is essentially a tuned 92G-SD???

Nightstalker865
05-29-15, 19:51
NS865-

Why did you choose the 92G-SD over the Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical? I'm not trying to be critical of your purchase, I think they are both phenomenal guns, but at roughly the same price I'm looking more to the Wilson model. If I'm not mistaken, the Wilson is essentially a tuned 92G-SD???

According to WC the next batch of their run will be in 2016. Had the chance to get one several months ago when announced and I passed. Still kicking myself for that choice. I haven't decided yet on sending this one to WC or not. The potential value of this model down the road makes me second guess the thought of sending it off. Hence why I'm trying the drop in parts first to see if I can get the trigger where I want it. I'm not a collector and everything I buy gets shot, but this gun might just be one that I don't shoot all that often and can hand down to my kids. Using the drop in parts instead of permanently modifying the gun should help preserve any potential value it would gain should they decide to sell it later on.

If I truly fall in love with the gun and want to shoot it a lot, I'll look at picking up the WC model next year.

RWH24
05-30-15, 11:37
According to WC the next batch of their run will be in 2016. Had the chance to get one several months ago when announced and I passed. Still kicking myself for that choice. I haven't decided yet on sending this one to WC or not. The potential value of this model down the road makes me second guess the thought of sending it off. Hence why I'm trying the drop in parts first to see if I can get the trigger where I want it. I'm not a collector and everything I buy gets shot, but this gun might just be one that I don't shoot all that often and can hand down to my kids. Using the drop in parts instead of permanently modifying the gun should help preserve any potential value it would gain should they decide to sell it later on.

If I truly fall in love with the gun and want to shoot it a lot, I'll look at picking up the WC model next year.

Yes, Feb 2016 next batch according to website.

Exiledviking
05-30-15, 18:35
With a few mods (Beretta steel trigger, Elite II hammer, Wilson combat 16# chrome silicon hammer spring, and a Beretta extended mag release) it's even better! DA trigger pull is smooth, SA trigger pull is clean

Side by side the Wilson Combat 16 lbs chrome silicon spring is smoother in DA compared to the factory D spring. I've replaced all of my D springs with the WC 16 lbs chrome silicon spring.

plouffedaddy
05-30-15, 19:39
Yes, Feb 2016 next batch according to website.

Yup. My name is on one of those suckers :cool:

Nightstalker865
05-30-15, 20:09
Side by side the Wilson Combat 16 lbs chrome silicon spring is smoother in DA compared to the factory D spring. I've replaced all of my D springs with the WC 16 lbs chrome silicon spring.

That's frustrating to hear. I intentionally bought the factory D spring because more people seemed prefer it to the 16lb wolf variant. I'll have to try the Wilson model at some point.

Exiledviking
06-02-15, 09:34
The difference is discernible, especially side by side. However, there's nothing wrong with the D spring. The D spring is a vast improvement over the stock spring.

Nightstalker865
06-11-15, 22:21
Installed the Wilson 16lb hammer spring today as well as replaced the reduced power trigger return spring with the standard power offering. I must say the combination of these two items gave a vast improvement in trigger feel. With the reduced power trigger spring I felt that the trigger had a numb feel to it. Yes it was lighter than stock, but it just didn't feel right to me. Swapped in the standard power spring and it's back to feeling crisp and clean, yet still quite a bit lighter than stock. Can't wait to get this thing back to the range in the upcoming weeks.

samuse
06-12-15, 09:06
Watch out for light primer strikes running light mainsprings in a 92 series pistol. Wilson's spring feels smoother because it's lighter. If it's an ISMI, it probably quite a bit lighter than advertised.

They need a lot of spring to swing that big hammer and IME, anything lighter than a D spring is on the ragged edge of reliability and needs to be replaced more often. A factory D spring is as low as I'd be comfortable with. When I used Berettas, I kept the stock M9 mainspring becuase I like to smack primers as hard as I can.

BUBBAGUNS
06-12-15, 09:39

isn't that a Taurus? :jester:

Hizzie
06-12-15, 09:55
What are you guys using for holsters? I'm having a hell of a time finding something other than from Wilson Combat.

Nightstalker865
06-12-15, 12:59
Watch out for light primer strikes running light mainsprings in a 92 series pistol. Wilson's spring feels smoother because it's lighter. If it's an ISMI, it probably quite a bit lighter than advertised.

They need a lot of spring to swing that big hammer and IME, anything lighter than a D spring is on the ragged edge of reliability and needs to be replaced more often. A factory D spring is as low as I'd be comfortable with. When I used Berettas, I kept the stock M9 mainspring becuase I like to smack primers as hard as I can.

I'll look into picking up factory Elite II hammer for it. I noticed the WC models are using that one as well. I'm wondering if they went to the skeletonized version to compliment the lighter hammer spring.

Sam
06-12-15, 13:40
The concerns of lighter hammer spring not igniting the primer is valid but not a big issue. One simply has to test the lighter spring with the ammo that the owner intends to use. I use the 13 lb spring (yes, thirteen pound) with Elite II hammer (remember that's the lighter skeletonized hammer) in my 92G. I shoot US made ammo and I haven't had a misfire in over 1000 rounds since I used this spring. Remember the 13 lb spring is lighter than the so called "D" spring (I think somebody from Wilson said the D spring is 16 lb). As long as the shooter sticks with US manufacturered ammo (even commercial reloads), he/she will be fine. I've shot Remington, Speer, Winchester as well as commercial reloads of unknown components.

samuse
06-12-15, 18:48
Yes sir, the lighter hammer is necessary when using light springs.

plouffedaddy
06-13-15, 11:19
Mine's in :D

http://i.imgur.com/u9mlzkOl.jpg

Gary1911A1
06-13-15, 14:19
Good. Looking forward to your video review. I wonder if Grant offers Lay-A-Way?

MountainRaven
06-14-15, 15:41
Looks like Mr.G&G's is the Wilson, not the standard Beretta (correct me if I'm wrong).

My LGS got a couple 92G-SDs in. I got to fondle one of them. Easily the nicest 92 I've ever handled... but at $1125 without the goodness of the Wilson guns? Interested, but not that interested. Maybe at $900 (which, I believe, is below dealer cost). Otherwise, I think I'll agree with KalashniKev: I think I'd rather have the Mk25.

Hizzie
06-14-15, 16:13
Looks like Mr.G&G's is the Wilson, not the standard Beretta (correct me if I'm wrong).

My LGS got a couple 92G-SDs in. I got to fondle one of them. Easily the nicest 92 I've ever handled... but at $1125 without the goodness of the Wilson guns? Interested, but not that interested. Maybe at $900 (which, I believe, is below dealer cost). Otherwise, I think I'll agree with KalashniKev: I think I'd rather have the Mk25.

Based on prior videos I think he's got stock, WC tuned and now the full BT.

Fordtough25
06-15-15, 06:50
Thanks to this thread I ordered a D spring and fluted guide rod from Wilson Combat. :) I also ordered a dog bone pin from Brownells since my 92A1 is Italian and has the roll pin. I can't wait to try it!!

MountainRaven
06-16-15, 20:03
And I may have missed it, but what are the holster options for the 92G-SD?

I922sParkCir
06-18-15, 11:06
And I may have missed it, but what are the holster options for the 92G-SD?

The only decent ones I could find is from JM Custom Kydex (http://www.jmcustomkydex.com). I was excited when Wilson was selling holsters for their 92's with brigadier slide, but unfortunately I don't think those will work because the Wilson's have a rounded trigger guard.

Sam
06-18-15, 11:22
The Wilson Combat holsters such as the Low Profile II and Tactical Assault will fit the standard 92s, 92G-SD and the Brigadier Tactical, even though some models have rounded trigger guard and some have hooked trigger guard. It is stated in prints on the Wilson Combat website.

I922sParkCir
06-18-15, 11:28
The Wilson Combat holsters such as the Low Profile II and Tactical Assault will fit the standard 92s, 92G-SD and the Brigadier Tactical, even though some models have rounded trigger guard and some have hooked trigger guard. It is stated in prints on the Wilson Combat website.

That's fantastic to know. I actually called Wilson about some modifications, and asked about the holsters. I was told they wouldn't fit because of the trigger guard, but clearly the site says they will. Thanks for the heads up.

Sam
06-18-15, 11:55
That's fantastic to know. I actually called Wilson about some modifications, and asked about the holsters. I was told they wouldn't fit because of the trigger guard, but clearly the site says they will. Thanks for the heads up.

I know for sure 120% :) that the Tactical Assault will fit the G-SD. I had one when I had the original G-SD 10 years ago.

I922sParkCir
06-18-15, 12:14
I know for sure 120% :) that the Tactical Assault will fit the G-SD. I had one when I had the original G-SD 10 years ago.

Do you recommend it?

Sam
06-18-15, 13:48
Do you recommend it?

Absolutely. I used it the entire time that I had the G-SD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/LTT-Holster.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/LTT-Holster.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/G-SD.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/G-SD.jpg.html)

I922sParkCir
06-18-15, 14:40
Absolutely. I used it the entire time that I had the G-SD.

And done (http://i.imgur.com/cW2b0hq.png). Thank you!

PGT
06-18-15, 14:49
Virginia Arms in Manassas, VA has had a G-SD in the case for a month now. Still there as of Tuesday if anybody is looking for one. I'd buy it except I've already got a Wilson BrigTac.

JBecker 72
06-18-15, 15:05
Virginia Arms in Manassas, VA has had a G-SD in the case for a month now. Still there as of Tuesday if anybody is looking for one. I'd buy it except I've already got a Wilson BrigTac.

I thought about buying it but I've already got a Wilson modified 92A1 with G conversion so no real need.

PGT
06-18-15, 15:13
given previous auction values approaching $2k, I sort of want one for future value but not sure this release would ever replicate the original given the BrigTac's pricing and wider availability.

Exiledviking
06-19-15, 20:51
I found a place selling 3 for $1029 each plus shipping. Fighting myself hard over that deal...

Sam
06-19-15, 21:24
And done (http://i.imgur.com/cW2b0hq.png). Thank you!

You're welcome.

Nightstalker865
06-19-15, 21:35
I found a place selling 3 for $1029 each plus shipping. Fighting myself hard over that deal...

Care to share?

MountainRaven
06-21-15, 01:27
Next question: Anyone know if the tritium front sight is the same height as on the standard slide - so the Wilson rear sight would be the same height for the G-SD as on an FS?

JBecker 72
06-21-15, 08:50
Next question: Anyone know if the tritium front sight is the same height as on the standard slide - so the Wilson rear sight would be the same height for the G-SD as on an FS?

I would think it is. Doesn't the WC brig tac have this tritium front paired with their rear?

MountainRaven
06-21-15, 09:21
I would think it is. Doesn't the WC brig tac have this tritium front paired with their rear?

I believe so, but Wilson offers four different heights.

Exiledviking
06-21-15, 09:24
The WC Brigadier Tactical uses a taller than factory rear sight. It is a .290" versus the factory .270".

JBecker 72
06-21-15, 11:26
I'm pretty sure my WC built 92A1 has the tallest rear sight they make, but not 100%. It has the fiber optic front though, but I want green tritium instead.

Anybody sell that front sight by itself?

PGT
06-21-15, 22:40
I have a brand new Combat rear sight and a Combat front site (but in the white). I'd love to send the front sight to someone to duplicate it before I finish it and install it; perhaps MFI? Combat sights are the tallest Beretta makes AFAIK.

MountainRaven
06-21-15, 23:46
One last-ish question: Do the Wilson combat safeties for the 92FS pistols work as drop-in replacements for the 92G-SD?

JBecker 72
06-22-15, 00:01
One last-ish question: Do the Wilson combat safeties for the 92FS pistols work as drop-in replacements for the 92G-SD?

They say that minor work is needed to fit their G decocker to a factory G pistol. But it will fit.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Standard-Single-Lever-De-Cocker-for-G-Conversion-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/637/

I noticed my Wilson G converted pistol actuates the decocker with slightly less movement than the GSD I played with. Seems to only take about 2/3 travel to drop the hammer on mine.

The FS safeties won't work on the G.

MountainRaven
06-22-15, 00:06
They say that minor work is needed to fit their G decocker to a factory G pistol. But it will fit.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Standard-Single-Lever-De-Cocker-for-G-Conversion-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/637/

I noticed my Wilson G converted pistol actuates the decocker with slightly less movement than the GSD I played with. Seems to only take about 2/3 travel to drop the hammer on mine.

The FS safeties won't work on the G.

Thanks.

Any idea what's involved in fitting the decocker?

JBecker 72
06-22-15, 00:19
No idea there

YVK
06-22-15, 08:17
Thanks.

Any idea what's involved in fitting the decocker?

Don't know how to either but...

I broke three punches trying to remove and reinstall a G decocker on one of my B92s. I don't remember why I was doing it but I remember telling to myself "never again". Driving those little pins in and out emptied my storage of foul words completely and it is a rather big storage....

MountainRaven
06-22-15, 14:28
According to email correspondence with Wilson, there shouldn't be any fitting needed with their G-series safety/decocker in a factory G gun.

MountainRaven
06-30-15, 20:25
Next question: What weight is the D spring? 16lbs.?

And the sand resistant M9A1 magazines are the best Beretta mags?

PGT
06-30-15, 20:50
the "stainless look" mags are cheaper and are electroless nickel coated. The PVD are nicer of course but 2x the price. The e-nickel are super slick to the touch, just like my PVD's. Unless you're operating operationally in the sandbox and need to stake your life on them, there's little benefit to spending more.

That said, I've got six PVD's, a dozen e-nickel/stainless and 15 more 17rd "Police Special" mags. Also...don't overlook the Mec-Gar 18rd w/ Plus2 bases. I have a couple and one was e-nickel coated with my frame safety gun and its every bit as nice as the PVD.

Exiledviking
06-30-15, 20:58
Yes, according to everything I've read the D spring is 16 lbs. The best 16 lbs spring I've tried is the Wilson Combat chrome silicon.

MountainRaven
07-02-15, 17:15
Wilson Combat-ized my 92G-SD. I might even have more Wilson parts in my 92 than the "standard" Wilson-Beretta pistol comes with.

I'm impressed with how easy the frame is to detail strip. The slide was more of a pain, but it wasn't bad.

Observations: The factory D spring makes for an awesome trigger, especially when used with the short reach trigger.

The Wilson G decocker is insanely sharp. I wish Wilson would round the edges over. I've gone from battering my middle finger to battering the fat part of my palm.

.290" rear sight matches the Trijicon factory rear sight. But the rear sight is insanely difficult to remove - I fear I may have bent the slide somewhat (but not enough to impact function).

samuse
07-02-15, 21:39
Next question: What weight is the D spring? 16lbs.?

And the sand resistant M9A1 magazines are the best Beretta mags?

I think the Beretta Sand Resistant magazines are the best magazines in the history of firearms. Beretta 92 mags are the most reliable and tough magazines I've seen.

plouffedaddy
07-03-15, 09:28
I think the Beretta Sand Resistant magazines are the best magazines in the history of firearms. Beretta 92 mags are the most reliable and tough magazines I've seen.

I'm a fan as well.

Hizzie
07-03-15, 17:31
While I like the sand resistant mags as well I can get the MecGar 18's for $14.99.

Hizzie
07-07-15, 15:11
Off the rack holster.

Found a Don Hume JIT Slide for the Beretta Vertec on eBay. Figured I could always stretch it a bit to fit if needed. Fits my WCBT like a glove.

Sam
07-08-15, 09:15
Had a chance to shoot a Sig 226 TAC OPS the other day. My friend told me he paid $1200 for it. About the same price as the BT. The DA on the Sig was pretty heavy compared to the BT with the D spring. The Sig was accurate and soft to shoot, similar to the BT. So anyone that's complaining about the price of the BT or the 92G-SD, they need to check out other guns of similar class, purpose and accessories. Suddenly the Beretta is not quite so out of line with the price.

MountainRaven
07-08-15, 09:25
I don't think it is a problem with how the G-SD and BrigTac are priced. I think it's a problem with how other Berettas are priced. If people were paying $800-900 for a 92FS or an M9, as they do for a basic SiG P220-series pistol, I think the number of complaints about the G-SD and BrigTac would drop.

PGT
07-08-15, 16:20
I have a 92 BrigTac and a Sig P226 Combat and have shot them side-by-side. The pricepoints are about the same. The trigger is better on the Sig and recoil is similar.

samuse
07-08-15, 21:53
I used an M9A1 and a MK25 side by side for a couple thousand rounds each a few years ago.

I like the overall handling of the Beretta much better. It's a quicker handling pistol and the trigger was better for me (these were both bone-stock).

The Sig was no slouch but felt kinda clumsy and top heavy. The grips are wider at the top and it really doesn't do the gun any favors.

PGT
07-08-15, 22:02
I sold my Mk25 w/o ever shooting it. Hated the grips on it.

Hizzie
07-09-15, 17:18
Frank over at KMFJ, LLC modified on of their UW rigs to fit my WCBT. The GSD should fit as well.

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Random%20Stuff/1436450559_zps0b1a8d61.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/strangler366/media/Random%20Stuff/1436450559_zps0b1a8d61.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Random%20Stuff/1436450568_zps1f324a9d.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/strangler366/media/Random%20Stuff/1436450568_zps1f324a9d.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Random%20Stuff/1436450575_zps13f51133.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/strangler366/media/Random%20Stuff/1436450575_zps13f51133.jpg.html)

KalashniKEV
07-09-15, 18:33
So anyone that's complaining about the price of the BT or the 92G-SD, they need to check out other guns of similar class, purpose and accessories. Suddenly the Beretta is not quite so out of line with the price.

I'm not a complainer, but I hope the noise of the collective complaining doesn't go unnoticed by APEX/ Randy Lee or Bill Geissele.

Anyone who can make a set of G internals as a kit will make BANK. Imagine picking up a Police trade in 92FS for $350 and dropping a $100 kit in it...

Besides that, imagine if MKE/Girsan brought in a batch of Turkish M9-types with G internals instead of what they're normally putting in... and priced them the same! (~$300)

What if they dovetailed the front site?

Beretta needs to pull their head out of their ass quickly on these guns or risk... awwww, hell... how many times have they missed out on bigg ca$h because of stupidity and laziness?

As they say, Beretta couldn't market free sex.

PGT
07-09-15, 18:37
Its not the internals that's the issue....the slide itself needs to be modified to accept them. The M9A3 allows you to go back and forth (as does my 90-TWO, which of course I've converted to G spec).

KalashniKEV
07-09-15, 18:41
Its not the internals that's the issue....the slide itself needs to be modified to accept them. The M9A3 allows you to go back and forth (as does my 90-TWO, which of course I've converted to G spec).

Ah, I knew that, but I forgot it.

Cagemonkey
07-09-15, 19:45
Its not the internals that's the issue....the slide itself needs to be modified to accept them. The M9A3 allows you to go back and forth (as does my 90-TWO, which of course I've converted to G spec).Waiting on the release of the M9A3. Can't wait.

Sam
07-09-15, 20:35
Anyone who can make a set of G internals as a kit will make BANK. Imagine picking up a Police trade in 92FS for $350 and dropping a $100 kit in it...

Like another poster said, there is more to converting an FS to a G, machining the internal of the slide is required. For your "kit" of $100, you do know that Wilson Combat is doing the conversion for $150.

Or buy a brand new 92G for right around $500.

Nightstalker865
07-09-15, 21:17
Installed a Beretta Elite II hammer into my 92G-SD today. Quite a difference in weight between it and the stock one. Also added the Wilson mag guide and picked up 3 of the sand resistant factory mags. This gun has been addicting so far! Very easy to work on and lots of fun at the range.

MountainRaven
07-09-15, 22:36
Has any one else played with the Wilson manufactured decockers?

ETA: Found posts on other forums describing their Wilson decockers as being quite sharp, too. Only issue is that they're from ten months ago - and everybody from Ernie Langdon to Wilson's machinists knew about it. And the issue was supposed to have been fixed ten months ago. Maybe I got a decocker from the bottom of the bin that is that old. Have emails out to Wilson looking to fix the issue.

KalashniKEV
07-10-15, 13:14
Or buy a brand new 92G for right around $500.

I thought they were harder to find and more expensive... but they are not, and you are certainly right.

Now I'm more confused about why the 92G-SD costs so much.

call_me_ski
07-10-15, 13:59
Supply and demand. Beretta is only making 500 of the guns and unlike the brig tac they are available to the CA market. So for 50 million people the g-sd is the closest they can get to a Brig Tac without major hoops and a premium. Not to mention used g-sd pistols were routinely selling for more than beretta's asking price.

If you made small batch of something that would sell for 1000 would you sell it for 500?

Sam
07-10-15, 14:12
I thought they were harder to find and more expensive... but they are not, and you are certainly right.

Now I'm more confused about why the 92G-SD costs so much.

The G-SD is a LOT different from the plain 92G, and it's a limited production and that's what they think the market will pay. You do know that before Wilson and Beretta's collaboration on the Brigadier Tactical, the old (used) G-SD were being resold in the $1300-1400 range.

Nightstalker865
07-18-15, 09:11
This gun has quickly become one of my favorite shooters. Very accurate and extremely soft shooting. Truly a pleasure to take to the range.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/18/669e747f571c4762958316abf9761b73.jpg

samuse
07-18-15, 13:36
I think the G-SD is a great pistol.

I just can't fathom the thought process at Beretta making a limited production.

The production cost can't be any higher than a 92A1.

MountainRaven
07-22-15, 00:41
Anybody know where to find the aluminum lanyard loop mainspring plug that Wilson is getting from Beretta for the 92G BrigTacs?

The Wilson-manufactured part just doesn't do anything for me but I don't want to go back to plastic.

Thanks!

JBecker 72
07-22-15, 07:18
Are you talking about this? If so I got it from Wilson.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/1ED20B02-38F0-428D-9D91-266CE77CC14D_zpsuibce1rg.jpg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/hownowbrowncow_02/media/Guns/1ED20B02-38F0-428D-9D91-266CE77CC14D_zpsuibce1rg.jpg.html)

Sam
07-22-15, 07:59

He said lanyard loop, your picture showed the mag chute.

Exiledviking
07-22-15, 09:19
Anybody know where to find the aluminum lanyard loop mainspring plug that Wilson is getting from Beretta for the 92G BrigTacs?

The Wilson-manufactured part just doesn't do anything for me but I don't want to go back to plastic.

Thanks!
PM sent.

JBecker 72
07-22-15, 18:07
He said lanyard loop, your picture showed the mag chute.

Sorry, I got confused when he said plug.

I had an M9 that had all metal parts, including the lanyard loop. Sold the gun though.

MountainRaven
07-22-15, 21:09

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/1ED20B02-38F0-428D-9D91-266CE77CC14D_zpsuibce1rg.jpg

This is the part I currently have in my Beretta. :)

PM sent.

Got it. Thanks!

plouffedaddy
09-08-15, 08:31
Finished up my review for those looking to see it in action and get some details on it (I know y'all didn't read all 15 pages!). Summary---it's pretty awesome. I'd get in line for the next batch if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1luLFcU8ylQ

PGT
09-18-15, 17:45
a buddy of mine picked up a used, original G-SD for a song, intending to put some Wilson parts on it as a budget-friendly take on the BrigTac. He just found out his consulting gig is over sooner than expected so he's offered it to me for what he paid. Sights are dead and I've got a BrigTac and three frame safety 92's. I had always intended to get a second BrigTac to have done in silver....maybe this is an omen. :D

Gary1911A1
09-19-15, 16:06
I think I would buy it very soon before he changes his mind.

Nightstalker865
09-23-15, 10:03
Grant has a pretty good price on these right now.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=J92GSD1M

MountainRaven
01-14-16, 20:51
LGS got in a rather unique 92G-SD. Or so it seems to me, since I can't find any on the intarwebz.

It's a 92G-SD, pretty much bog standard - but it comes with a 4.7" barrel, with the same recessed/protected crown and the same black finish over stainless steel as the standard 4.9" barrel guns. Box is marked the same as any other 92G-SD and it's priced the same as any other 92G-SD.

Any body have any idea what might be going on with this pistol?

Kind of tempted to pick it up, but for the fact that I just had one, and found it to be a pain to find holsters for, to carry (big/bulky gun), but I liked training with it (shooting DA/SAs improves my trigger control with all my pistols).

Sam
01-15-16, 06:20
Sounds like the barrel is the same as the one they install in the Brigadier Tactical for the Wilson gun. A factory mix up? Is this a used gun or new? If used, maybe the previous owner had a Brig Tac and swapped barrel with the SD. LOL.

MountainRaven
01-15-16, 09:33
New gun.

I thought the Wilson guns have a different barrel crown.

ShipWreck
01-15-16, 14:30
Beretta has made different "parts guns" in years past. There is no way to know for sure.

PGT
01-16-16, 20:44
I think I would buy it very soon before he changes his mind.

Indeed, I did. Got a few more tweaks to make (Wilson short trigger, Wilson mag release, Wilson trigger bar and need to relight the night sights)....

http://i.imgur.com/xSXuj3ml.jpg