PDA

View Full Version : Cammenga EASYMAG EM#-556

rifleshooter
07-09-08, 17:52
I received my first Cammenga EasyMag and gave it a good looking over it's looks quality built strong as a Mac Truck. I found no sharp edges anywhere the feed lips were nice and smooth.

It loads easy from open or just like any other Std. type USGI Mag. it has IMHO a really quality follower and strong spring.

Cleaning it is very easy much faster then any other Mag. I have seen.

I understand some think this EasyMag. can just open up and fall out of the Mag. well. I can't find or see anyway this could happen. When it's closed it's locked and when it's in the Mag.well there is no way it can open.

Here is a Video that explains how it works and is taken apart and put back togather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0NpB7Ydwg

If anyone has really had one just fall open I sure would like to see it happen.

I already have started ordering a few more so I can get into the fire testing of them.
Yeah I buy my own test stuff.;)

kalikraven
07-09-08, 18:00
I don't know about this one...... I have no problems loading mags as is, so I see no need to get something like this. It's an answer to a question that was never asked.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Now when I'm eighty and have arthritis and need to load a mag then maybe then but still there are other options out there that work with all mags.

propellerhead
07-09-08, 19:37
I think it's cool. But at twice the cost of a regular mag, it's a hard sell.

rifleshooter
07-09-08, 19:43
I think it's cool. But at twice the cost of a regular mag, it's a hard sell.

I have to admit the price is high but I do think it's a quality Mag. that will hold up under a lot of use and abuse.:)

I did find a site to buy at $29 with .01 cent shipping.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/

tinman44
07-09-08, 20:05
there has already been a long drawn out debate on this, and i would like to say due to that debate i bought a cammenga military compass :D

palakaboy
07-10-08, 04:41
said it before and said it again....

...for those of us who don't load mags every day...

..it's half the fun.

rob_s
07-10-08, 06:55
I received my first Cammenga EasyMag and gave it a good looking over it's looks quality built strong as a Mac Truck. I found no sharp edges anywhere the feed lips were nice and smooth.

It loads easy from open or just like any other Std. type USGI Mag. it has IMHO a really quality follower and strong spring.

Cleaning it is very easy much faster then any other Mag. I have seen.

I understand some think this EasyMag. can just open up and fall out of the Mag. well. I can't find or see anyway this could happen. When it's closed it's locked and when it's in the Mag.well there is no way it can open.

Here is a Video that explains how it works and is taken apart and put back togather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0NpB7Ydwg

If anyone has really had one just fall open I sure would like to see it happen.

I already have started ordering a few more so I can get into the fire testing of them.
Yeah I buy my own test stuff.;)

Do you work for them, or are you getting free gear or something? This is the second thread you've started on this one (useless IMHO) product.

The first thread was only 7 days ago.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16451&highlight=EASYMAG

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 09:04
Do you work for them, or are you getting free gear or something? This is the second thread you've started on this one (useless IMHO) product.

The first thread was only 7 days ago.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16451&highlight=EASYMAG

I do not work for or did I get any of thier Mags given to me free of charge. I bought all my EasyMag from AIM surplus because of the .01 cent shipping.

I feel my thread is useful because others have had their chance to discuss this Mag. And I also wish to discuss it. If I discover any problems or failures I will truthfuly post them.:)

Rik
07-10-08, 09:37
Can you slide open a loaded mag while it is in the mag-well?

rob_s
07-10-08, 09:49
I do not work for or did I get any of thier Mags given to me free of charge. I bought all my EasyMag from AIM surplus because of the .01 cent shipping.

I feel my thread is useful because others have had their chance to discuss this Mag. And I also wish to discuss it. If I discover any problems or failures I will truthfuly post them.:)

I didn't mean to imply that your thread was useless, only redundant. I did, however, mean to imply that the product is useless. Less than useless, in fact, since it costs 2-3 times as much as any other fully serviceable magazine.

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 10:22
Can you slide open a loaded mag while it is in the mag-well?

I have tried making the EasyMag open in my ARs Mag. well with the Mag. fully loaded with 30rds. And I sure can't make it open or even move. If someone else can do this I sure would like seeing a video of happening.

The slide is locked in and with it inside a Mag well it's really IMHO not able to be unlocked and pulled down.

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 10:59
I didn't mean to imply that your thread was useless, only redundant. I did, however, mean to imply that the product is useless. Less than useless, in fact, since it costs 2-3 times as much as any other fully serviceable magazine.

Well it's an open forum your thoughts and what you imply are just as important as anyone elses.:)

I myself don't feel my thread was or is redundant no more redundant then the many many past MAGPUL P-Mags posts.

I like to look at and try new products I am not a firearm industry professional nor am I employed in any way or shape with any firearm Mfg. or online firearm supply company.

I have (bought) Magpul Mags C-Products Mags Brownnell's Mags Lancer System Mags I have OKay Mags USGI Mags. And now the Cammenga Mag. Maybe some other I have forgotten about having.

Before the Cammenga and Lancer System Mags IMHO there was nothing really new in AR Mag. Design or Engineering.

The Magpul P-Mag a great non metal Mag. but again there had been non metal Mags before maybe Magpul has a better design of their higer priced follower and some with a window but as for the total Mags. Std. package it's nothing really new.

Same with Brownell's new metalMags. High quality but the same Design and Enginnering as any other USGI Mag.

Now we have the Lancer System Mag. it's a new Design and Engineered non metal Mag. and it has a really quality Design with it's metal feed lips and see through material.

Also we now have a really different metal Design and Engineered Mag. with the new Cammenga EasyMag. it's built from the bottom up new. New way to get it open for loading or unloading but it still can be loaded or unloaded in the way all other Mags can also a quick and easy way get it really clean when it's really needed.

It's stronger with the heat treated steel of their Mags body and it's simple to really remove any foreign material that may get inside the Mag. If your Mags were dropped in the sands of Iraq how quickly could you clean it out of a Std. Mag that quickly?

Yes I agree the price of the Cammenga EasyMag. is much higher then and Std. Mag. But it's lower priced then the H&K steel AR Mags and IMHO it's stronger and a much better all around Mag. then the H&K. And I am a BIG fan of the H&K Company.

bullitt5172
07-10-08, 11:00
I have tried making the EasyMag open in my ARs Mag. well with the Mag. fully loaded with 30rds. And I sure can't make it open or even move. If someone else can do this I sure would like seeing a video of happening.

The slide is locked in and with it inside a Mag well it's really IMHO not able to be unlocked and pulled down.

Steve tried this and proved they can be opened while in the AR. I'll ask him to take a quick video and post it.

From your other post...

yes it will open while in your gun bolt foward or locked back ... spilled some training rounds all over the floor. ill try to get pics this week for you guys or some video if i can. No thanks even more resolve to not use them

Guys as many of us know if you want a metal mag get D&H mags with magpul followers plain and simple...

if you want a non metal mag get Pmags and or Lancer. real simple.

rob_s
07-10-08, 11:29
I am a BIG fan of the H&K Company.

Say no more. :rolleyes:

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 11:30
Steve tried this and proved they can be opened while in the AR. I'll ask him to take a quick video and post it.

From your other post...

Myself if I was making such a statment as Steve has made about the Cammenga EasyMag coming open while being locked fully loaded in the ARs Mag well I would want the suspect Mag. involved in the failure sent to and Independent material testing and Engineering Company so any unknown facts about the condition of the suspect Mag. could be fully examined and any finding made public if asked to do so.

Also it would be good to have someone from Cammenga's EastMay Engineering Dept. also witness any Video of such a failure.

Not implying Steve would not do a proper honest test on the Video but we are disscussing a product from a American Company who employees many people in the Mfg. of this new Mag. and has a lot invested in it' success or failure.

bullitt5172
07-10-08, 11:36
Myself if I was making such a statment as Steve has made about the Cammenga EasyMag coming open while being locked fully loaded in the ARs Mag well I would want the suspect Mag. involved in the failure sent to and Independent material testing and Engineering Company so any unknown facts about the condition of the suspect Mag. could be fully examined and any finding made public if asked to do so.

Also it would be good to have someone from Cammenga's EastMay Engineering Dept. also witness any Video of such a failure.

Not implying Steve would not do a proper honest test on the Video but we are disscussing a product from a American Company who employees many people in the Mfg. of this new Mag. and has a lot invested in it' success or failure.

:confused:

Lagadelphia
07-10-08, 11:57

And you say you have no relationship with the company....

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 12:10
And you say you have no relationship with the company....

No.

Maybe you should call or contact them and get a direct answer:

CAMMENGA CORP

100 ANILINE AVE. STE. 258
HOLLAND, MI 49424

PHONE:
616-392-7999

FAX:
616-392-9432

E-MAIL:
info@cammenga.com

Rik
07-10-08, 12:58

What a bunch of baloney...

Steve
07-10-08, 16:32
LOL spare me the 3 mags i have are all capable of doing so i stopped buying them after that move on your boring us. do what you like as it seams you will yes all th emags opened when seated in teh mag well it took a decent tug to do so but it can be done no thanks

pay for an over priced heavy magazine.. next subject please.:rolleyes:

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 17:23
LOL spare me the 3 mags i have are all capable of doing so i stopped buying them after that move on your boring us. do what you like as it seams you will yes all th emags opened when seated in teh mag well it took a decent tug to do so but it can be done no thanks

pay for an over priced heavy magazine.. next subject please.:rolleyes:

So what your now telling the forum is you just jerked and jerked till you got it pulled open.:) I think everyone would enjoy seeing you doing this on a video yeah myself included. Now this is a little item you missed informing the forum before.

You know if I put my foot on a Magpul P-Mag I could bang it enough to rip it out of any ARs Mag.well. and for that matter any metal Mag. could be forced out also. But would I or any fairly smart person ever do such a stupid trick? Not this AR owner not with my AR or my Mags.:)

Steve you really got me laughing with your admitting all the jerking you went to. If was not so....well I won't comment on what I think about this item. But it is funny what some will do to prove a point even if it's not a real world point at all.:o Steve thanks I needed a good laugh today and you supplied it.;)

Have a good evening :rolleyes:

bullitt5172
07-10-08, 17:39
So what your now telling the forum is you just jerked and jerked till you got it pulled open.:) I think everyone would enjoy seeing you doing this on a video yeah myself included. Now this is a little item you missed informing the forum before.

You know if I put my foot on a Magpul P-Mag I could bang it enough to rip it out of any ARs Mag.well. and for that matter any metal Mag. could be forced out also. But would I or any fairly smart person ever do such a stupid trick? Not this AR owner not with my AR or my Mags.:)

Steve you really got me laughing with your admitting all the jerking you went to. If was not so....well I won't comment on what I think about this item. But it is funny what some will do to prove a point even if it's not a real world point at all.:o Steve thanks I needed a good laugh today and you supplied it.;)

Have a good evening :rolleyes:

If you had ANY credibility, it is now gone. You have TROLL and Cammanga company shill written all over you my friend. I'm starting to think you don't even own an AR based on some of your comments. I'm not going to give this (or any of your threads) another minute of attention. You are here for one reason, to annoy the contributing members of this board. Have fun promoting your super mags.

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 18:26
If you had ANY credibility, it is now gone. You have TROLL and Cammanga company shill written all over you my friend. I'm starting to think you don't even own an AR based on some of your comments. I'm not going to give this (or any of your threads) another minute of attention. You are here for one reason, to annoy the contributing members of this board. Have fun promoting your super mags.

My ARs and notice the Lanser System L5 Mags Oh I bought them with my own money from the Bravo Company so don't go saying I am a Lanser System begger of their Mags.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view&current=SWLMTLS.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view&current=SWLMTRS1.jpg

I guess now I am accused of promoting the Lancer System L5 Mags.:)

bullitt5172
07-10-08, 18:54
My ARs and notice the Lanser System L5 Mags Oh I bought them with my own money from the Bravo Company so don't go saying I am a Lanser System begger of their Mags.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view&current=SWLMTLS.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view&current=SWLMTRS1.jpg

I guess now I am accused of promoting the Lancer System L5 Mags.:)

No. Your "accused" of coming to this website, promoting a fad magazine as the greatest and then getting upset when everyone tells you otherwise. In your first post, you didn't like what was being said and you stated:

"I really have nothing more to discuss with you on this subject. I started this thread and if you or others want to drag it on so be it. I am done with it.

BYE!! BYE!!"

The truth hurts.....

If a magazine can't be "tugged" on, it has no business in one of my AR's. If they run and you like them - great. I'll stick to what I know works.

At least you have a good optic on one of those rifles :)

rifleshooter
07-10-08, 18:55
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/?action=view&current=LMTEasyMAG2.jpg

I guess your now gonna say I am promoting again correct?

Steve
07-11-08, 07:02
No not jerking.. and jerking one sharp tug...... get over yourself...

K9-Bob
07-11-08, 07:12
I'm confused....somebody make a chart and explain why I don't need this mag?:p

rifleshooter
07-11-08, 08:38
No not jerking.. and jerking one sharp tug...... get over yourself...

Steve is it not true that if one pushed the Mag. release buttton on the side of the ARs Mag well the Mag. would drop free. Am I correct on this item?

Well would someone really do such a thing if they did not wish the Mag. to fall free? IMHO Only someone who was really nuts would do such a thing.

The same item is true for anyone who would be giving the EasyMag a jerk while it's locked fully loaded into the ARs Mag well. It's just something no person in their right mind would do.

What you did was just prove to the readers of this thread that you did something that no person would really ever do if they were not nuts.

As I stated above normal people shooting their ARs don't just up and push the Mag. release unless they wish the Mag to fall free. Same thinking no one would jerk the Mag opener side of and EasyMag. It just won't be done unless someone is trying to force the EasyMag to open. And then it would not be as easy as pushing a button. and you need two hands to do the jerk on the EasyMag.

I hope this replying post makes it all very clear to you.;) You alone caused the EasyMag to open it was not any way or shape a failing of the EasyMag.:mad:

rob_s
07-11-08, 08:42
Can you explain why you are so in love with this overly complicated, heavy, pointless, and expensive magazine?

What does this magazine offer that no other magazine does?

bullitt5172
07-11-08, 08:44
Steve is it not true that if one pushed the Mag. release buttton on the side of the ARs Mag well the Mag. would drop free. Am I correct on this item?

Well would someone really do such a thing if they did not wish the Mag. to fall free? IMHO Only someone who was really nuts would do such a thing.

The same item is true for anyone who would be giving the EasyMag a jerk while it's locked fully loaded into the ARs Mag well. It's just something no person in their right mind would do.

What you did was just prove to the readers of this thread that you did something that no person would really ever do if they were not nuts.

As I stated above normal people shooting their ARs don't just up and push the Mag. release unless they wish the Mag to fall free. Same thinking no one would jerk the Mag opener side of and EasyMag. It just won't be done unless someone is trying to force the EasyMag to open. And then it would not be as easy as pushing a button. and you need two hands to do the jerk on the EasyMag.

I hope this replying post makes it all very clear to you.;) You alone caused the EasyMag to open it was not any way or shape a failing of the EasyMag.:mad:

It's pretty easy to tell that you only shoot from a bench and have never attended a training class etc. Malfunctions happen, rifles get dropped/abused etc. You cannot say that you will never need to tug on the magazine. Your just proving to us that you really have no clue what goes on outside of the bench you shoot from....

Steve
07-11-08, 08:58
Your are out of your lane.. go back learn how to run an ar then come back and tell us.

A lot of TTPS you need to tug jerk rip the mag from the gun and if you choose to call me names and state that im Nuts your wrong and your again out of your league.. so whatever you think you know there superhero your alittle left.:D

again learn how to run an ar seat a mag using push/pull and then do about 30 reps of double feed drills which i do in every training session i do . then get back to us see in DF malf drills you often need to rip the mag from the gun and in some cases if that mag is your only mag you can spill you ammo to the deck then you sol..... when you learn to run a gun get back to us it was a specific response to a question posted by another poster yes it can be done.. get over yourself. and press on

Rik
07-11-08, 09:52
....hubris drivel....
Where am I? TOS?

rob_s
07-11-08, 10:14
Perhaps shedding a little light on the subject:
New member buying my first AR15 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15681) posted by rifleshooter (https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=12298) on 080614. For the record, today's date is 080711.

bullitt5172
07-11-08, 10:24
Perhaps shedding a little light on the subject:
New member buying my first AR15 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15681) posted by rifleshooter (https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=12298) on 080614. For the record, today's date is 080711.

That would explain it....

Jay Cunningham
07-11-08, 10:24
This thread has more than run its course.

:rolleyes: