PDA

View Full Version : We do not need an update if your ad is sold, traded, or spf!

VIP3R 237
03-21-15, 20:39
One of my few peeves on this site is how many are updating and bumping their EE threads when they are sold, traded, or spf. There is no reason to do this!!!!! If your item is sold or whatever just edit your original post, there no need to bump it to the top! Like let's break out the ban hammer!

Ryno12
03-21-15, 20:56
Thanks for bringing this up again. I've brought that up in the past,
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=2037451
,and was told we need to hit the report button. That gets pretty old after awhile and it didn't seem to make a difference. I think if the mods started removing EE privileges for a month, I bet the point would slowly get across.

Eurodriver
03-21-15, 21:18
This is a pet peeve, but I'd like a shameless plug that the M4C EE is without a doubt the best forum related EE I've ever used. I think the lack of ability for anyone but the OP to post in threads keeps it civil.

If they can fix the bumping sold items issue, and the exorbitantly high, aged items issue it would be mint.

Seriously. It's economics. If you have had an ad up since 10/2013, you are ASKING TOO MUCH, or you don't really want to sell it. Please stop the weekly bumps!

ST911
03-21-15, 21:30
Rules for the EE are clearly spelled out in that area of the board. When violations occur, please hit the "report post" button and mods/staff are sent a notification. In addition to the normal infraction system, loss of EE privileges is also a tool that can be used, just as it has been used for GD.

Personnel actions are confidential, and may not always be obvious. Trust that such reports receive the appropriate attention. If there is a staff member problem, report mod issues to staff, staff to senior staff, etc. Thanks.

hotrodder636
03-21-15, 22:15
What is the likelihood of implementing a yearly "purge" of the ads in the EE? If all members are aware of the purge, f they have an unsold item , they can repost? The number of pages in each section make it challenging to easily find things.

TXBK
03-21-15, 22:22
I just wish sellers wouldn't edit out the price at which their items sell, but most complaints made about the EE are already covered by rules.

The EE here really is well ran, and I believe that there is a great deal of integrity to it. I guess that is why we hang up on minor issues so easily.

CoryCop25
03-21-15, 22:47
My only gripe is marking the item sold in the thread instead of editing the item sold.
I will add directions for the people who don't know.....
1.) Click edit in your first post.
2.) Click GO ADVANCED
3.) Edit post to SOLD

I get so mad when I find what I'm looking for, look at the pictures, read the description and then see SOLD at the bottom of the post!

FlyingHunter
03-22-15, 08:16
My only gripe is marking the item sold in the thread instead of editing the item sold.
I will add directions for the people who don't know.....
1.) Click edit in your first post.
2.) Click GO ADVANCED
3.) Edit post to SOLD

I get so mad when I find what I'm looking for, look at the pictures, read the description and then see SOLD at the bottom of the post!

This ^^^^