PDA

View Full Version : Cross Fit MA

WillBrink
03-22-15, 13:50
To be fair, I have no experience with this, but it appears some MA "system" is now associated with CF. CF approved SD system I guess? Anyway....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9hNtJWxPnA

Voodoo_Man
03-22-15, 14:01
Interesting....

ggammell
03-22-15, 20:18
The fingers splayed, outside 90 degree arm angle creates a very strong impact weapon and/or stabilizing brace. It can relate directly to how you hold your rifle. I had been using a straight support side arm (a la Costa). During a Redback One class last fall, Jason Falla made reference to an outside 90 angle and it immediately brought me right back my agency's DT program. Combine that with his preferred muzzle up ready instead of down and I am holding my rifle in a DT position, ready to strike or fend off an attack from bad breathe distance.

The spear system does work. I've seen it. And you don't have to even be as fit as those in the video.

Chameleox
03-23-15, 07:45
Yup. Tony Blauer/SPEAR has been associated with Crossfit for a long time. Something about Crossfit promoting general fitness for survival, thus SD is an important physical skill to develop. SPEAR works, as a tool in the toolbox.

Jer
03-24-15, 00:08
Interesting indeed.